1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need professional opinions in my SEO plan for a new website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Avallon1, May 31, 2014.

1. Avallon1

Avallon1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is different than link building !! And when said links.. I was talking about social media.(Social Bookmarking)

Avallon1, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  2. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe your strategy will bring you 2k visitors, but it's really difficult to judge knowing nothing about your niche and keywords.
    Couple SEO strategy suggestions:
    1. Don't do any automatic dir submission. Check every directory, if it's gonna be beneficial. Y!Dir and DMOZ are really good if'll manage to get in there.
    2. Concentrate on article submission.
    Again, it's best to do it manually, or at least making sure that your articles are gonna get published at relevant HighPR Resourses.
    3. If you want to get real traffic, try getting to some big news monsters -- it'll cost a lot, but will bring really good results.
    Good luck!

Karuna17, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  3. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:

The plan that you have made for your website promotion is quite good enough, but directory submission I think is not hold any value for websites promotion than you can focus on SMO and blogs.

ActionEstore, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  4. Avallon1

Best Answers:
    What kind of news monsters you are talking about ?

Avallon1, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I mean the level of bbc.co.uk, telegraph, times, or a second echalon like Scottish times or whatever mеdium English speaking newspapers site -- those guys take a lot for advertorials, pr's, and stuff but it's really worth it, both in terms of PR and traffic

Karuna17, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  6. ksbharath86

ksbharath86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per my experience, directory submission does not help you in any way. If so, it might help you hardly 1 percent. Try to create viral content and observe the increase in traffic. Also try to build links from authoritative sites, which gives you an added advantage. Also keep yourself busy in promoting on SMO sites.

ksbharath86, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  7. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The average comment here looks like your comment.
    I mean. "Links, content, SMO. Links, content, SMO."
    Looks like SEO-zombies.

Garry_West, Jun 4, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  8. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's effect is miserable these days, although I'd say 1% is too low an estimation

Karuna17, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  9. EricKS

EricKS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directories? Just email Matt Cutts and ask for your Google penalty now. Save yourself time and tears... and money.

EricKS, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    What were you expecting to find coming to SEO-zombies' land? Great profitable ideas? :)

Karuna17, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These tatics you are listing are outdated link building tactics and will probably bring you no traffic besides spam bots.

You need to think of "traffic" as real live people. What do you have to offer them ? Where is your target audience ? How can you present them a link to your website ?

averyz, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a novel idea: instead of spamming, why don't you research your niche and potential audience, make a business plan, create content that is relevant and then market yourself to your target audience!? There is no "magic formula" or "generic SEO plan", but instead each on is individual to the niche and audience. Only through understand them can you know how to successfully market to them. That's hard work and not for everyone, hence the large amount of blubbering webmasters and SEOs.

ryan_uk, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    averyz and Nigel Lew like this.
  13. Mark Warner

Mark Warner Peon

Best Answers:
    You asked for a professional opinion and most of the other responses here are the exact opposite of this. If someone at my firm was to employ any of those tactics mentioned by you or other members here, their position would be immediately terminated.

Mark Warner, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. Avallon1

Best Answers:
    Good for you !

Avallon1, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  15. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find them sometimes. And I give them sometimes too) But I have one condition under which I am ready to give any information in the form of an answer. This condition is as the question has been asked. Unfortunately too many people don't know how to ask the right questions. But even more people isn't able to answer them correctly) That is the problem and we need to change that.

Garry_West, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  16. Active

Active Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People who are taking short cuts get trapped in a way. :D

Active, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  17. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    We can add guest blogging as well to that list.

rankwatch.com, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  18. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion, instead of a new site, why not search around and buy a already established site in the exact same niche. Sometimes rather than building your own house from scratch it is better to buy a "turn key" one.

briguy, Sep 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    The strategies you have mentioned will not even going to take that much traffic for your business. You have to think beyond Directories now, Organic Traffic will only come if you get rankings in Google and that comes with good amount of quality backlinks which 125 Bookmarking cannot bring. Share your content on Social Media, and just don't share make it stand out. You can try Blog Commenting to drive traffic to your website as well. Expand your business Locally with B2B directory listings. And if you can't afford to do so then keep on doing your least effective strategy to get low traffic. You have to think seriously and innovative ideas and new techniques will only make you to the top.

Its not about posting 200 Articles its about just posting 20 quality articles and still get response what 200 can't bring you. First analyse the business you are going to start will work or not?, Is that what people are looking for? Where you want to target your business ? Will it be feasible? If answer to all is yes then make a proper strategy and work on it.

Siservices, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  20. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are from US then social bookmarking on Pinterest, stumbleupon and reddit will give you a good amount of traffic but I doubt about directory submission and article submission. You can add blogging on your strategies and social networking too. If you already have a blog then join blog communities where you can interact with blogs relevant to your niche.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 16, 2014 IP