1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you love Lucy? I do, I love Lucy!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Joshie, Jun 1, 2014.

When I was children I remember I would watch a classic TV shows called "I Love Lucy" every now and then in the evenings but as I get older I stopped watching the show because when I gets to teenager age I was out everywhere doing something busy and going over to friends house or doing what I always do which is riding ATV up in the mountains so I forgot the show "I Love Lucy" until up to few days because I wake up every early morning such as 3-4AM and I always would watch movies on demand but not anymore as I have found out that I Love Lucy is on every morning for a good few hours so from on now I have been watching I Love Lucy lately in every early morning and I fell in love with the show all over again.

In case if you wonder what channel does it come on in the morning (5AM-8/9AM EST), it is on Hallmark channel.

Do you like I Love Lucy TV show? What is your favorite about the show?

Joshie, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  2. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't watched it :)

FTS!, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I love Lucy. I remember watching it with my mother when I was a child, probably 3 or 4 years old. My mother has the DVD collection of all the episodes so I have seen them all. I still watch it if I am awake when it airs (6:30 AM locally). I find if you can start the day with a chuckle, it puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day. :)

You can watch I Love Lucy online on the CBS website:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/i_love_lucy/

It looks like they rotate a number of episodes from each season. So not all episodes are available at any one time.

billzo, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  4. ChristopherSingleton

ChristopherSingleton Peon

Best Answers:
    I Love Lucy was one of the best comedy shows of its time. It always had me laughing whenever Lucy gets in one of those sill shenanigans.

ChristopherSingleton, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  5. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lucky your mother has collections all of the I Love Lucy's TV shows DVD! I am thinking about to buy all of the seasons, which I probably will end up buying every one I possibly can.

It does definitely turn your bad mood into a good mood in the morning, after watching the shows this morning at 6 until 8 I am in a smiling mood.

Joshie, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also used to watch I Love Lucy as a kid. My favorite character, by far, was Fred Mertz, their landlord/friend. He was one of those comedians (like Jackie Gleason or John Belushi) who could crack me up just with a facial expression. By the way, you might want to check out a movie that Lucy and Desi made back then called "The Long, Long Trailer":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/

jrbiz, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another show you may enjoy is "Car 54, Where Are You?" The show is hilarious and was years ahead of its time.

billzo, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I used to enjoy that show, as well. And when The Munsters came on to the scene, I enjoyed seeing Fred Gwynne again. However, and this is important, of those '50's/'60's shows, I have only bought one set of CD's ever and that was for the entire run of The Addams Family.

jrbiz, Jun 14, 2014 IP