1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Know A Article Is Original ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by truivia, May 29, 2014.

I am interested in buying some articles over in the content area here at Digital but have not ever bought articles/content before from anyone or anywhere. How do I KNOW what I am buying is original/organic? For me to post a "copied" article on any of my sites would have a dire price for me, as of the line I work I do. My reputation and therefore business would suffer greatly!
    Also how do I know that if it is original that the seller won't also sell same article to someone else after I buy it?
    Last question - Can the writer turn around & claim ownership of bought articles?

I do not mean to offend anyone!! Like I said I am brand new to this end of content, but am aware enough to know "it" happens ;)

truivia, May 29, 2014 IP
  2. Vlasic

Vlasic Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people use Copyscape (paid). Grammarly also has a plagiarism check module, even though the free version won't tell you if the entire article is plagiarized, or just a single colloquial phrase like ''let's get the basics out of the way' has been marked as plagiarism, which in itself is not plagiarism, so you'll have to buy membership. Alternatively, you could check the article sentence by sentence in the search engine, but that's an option only if you buy an article or two once in a while.
    Dealing with writers is no different from dealing with any other service provider - try to check feedback, reputation, live samples. As a writer, I am opposed to working with teams and intermediaries - whoever is on the other end of chat is not the person who writes the content, so proceed with caution. DP is full of both individual writers and teams, and just like in any other area - there are obvious and hidden gems in the piles of well... content for sale.

Vlasic, May 29, 2014 IP
    Best Seller and truivia like this.
  3. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only real way that you can easily ensure your articles are original is either to write them yourself or hire a real professional writer to write them for you. As Vlassic mentioned, you can check out the writer by inspecting their references, portfolio and son on.

This is an eaea where a writer with a solid ODesk or eLance profile can be a good resource because you can actually see samples and other clients' feedback. However, any good writer will also have their own website and show samples there as well.

My advice is not to buy pre-written articles. They may be okay, but who knows? And as you said, what's to stop that person from selling them to 100 other people?

SCookAAM, May 30, 2014 IP
  4. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't.

That said, once you have the piece in hand, you can run it through Copyscape, which will let you know if the same text appears elsewhere already. It's a paid service, but you can do the same thing for free using Google search and putting in a snippet from the article to see how many (if any) hits it receives on exact wordings across the Internet.

You don't.

Without a solid, written agreement that outlines which rights you are buying to the piece when you bought it, technically - yes, he could. And even then, the process of enforcing the agreement, if broken, would cost exponentially more than one article is worth so it's kind of a moot point.

Your questions are perfect examples of why cheap content can get very expensive rather quickly.

Senobia, Jun 1, 2014 IP
    SCookAAM likes this.
  5. wrcato

wrcato Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only way you will know that you have an original article is to write it yourself.

wrcato, Jun 5, 2014 IP
    DaveP and ladymacbeth9 like this.
  6. digitalfun

digitalfun Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe there has software can help you to test the articles,and the best original is written by yourself.

digitalfun, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  7. shahid ashraf

shahid ashraf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am content provider.I have a team of writer and usually I read and then check my writer articles at
    duplichecker.com
    I am using free version.It is best tool and it detect copy content effectively.Try it

shahid ashraf, Jun 19, 2014 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  8. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is the industry standard. There are some free sites out there too, but those might not be as good.

Jake Rigdon, Jun 19, 2014 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  9. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Copyscape to check.

Melisa455, Jul 12, 2014 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  10. Mark iGen

Mark iGen Member

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is best site , I am using it last 5 years

Mark iGen, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  11. Normanwalker

Normanwalker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're talking about originality of the article's idea, the only way you can be sure of an original idea or message is to research thoroughly and find out if there's a similar article already published. But original ideas are hard to come by these days so it's more than likely that you'll find something similar somewhere.

A 100% pass on Copyspace is usually indicative of an article that's original. Copyspace may have its shortcomings, but it's probably the most reliable and efficient way of checking on duplicate content.

Normanwalker, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  12. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Copyscape is the best tool. or write the article by yourself. :)

chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  13. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    You need to find a good plagiarism checker, which should be free to use, copy and paste article into it. The it will check for originality. Just do a google search and you will find one easily enough. Good luck.

CobaltBlue87, Oct 25, 2014 IP
  14. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may seem like a weird option, but it might actually be helpful. Some writers don't even bother to rephrase their content.

So by simply googling bits of text from the article, you may actually catch a cheater.

By doing this and running the article through a couple of free plagiarism checkers you should be able to identify, if the article was plagiazed.

But in any case, none of the free tools can match the paid ones, like CopyScape.

Alex Toll, Nov 7, 2014 IP
  15. Otto Baynes

Otto Baynes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Came in to say what Alex just said in the last post, find a string of text in the article that looks unique, then Google it with quotation marks around it.

Copyscape is OK but it will flag stuff that really isn't plagiarism, for example certain commonly known facts that there's only so many possible ways to state. So the matches should be manually checked too.

Also, if the article was posted somewhere where it's possible for the rest of the internet to view it, don't automatically assume the writer is trying to hustle you. They may have been the unknowing victim of a scraper. Happens all the time over at Constant Content to people who let buyers preview 100% or the majority of their articles.

Otto Baynes, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  16. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write the articles yourself. At least that is what I do

Kenya Writer, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  17. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try this tool: smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker
    Plagiarism Checker for each sentences

thuthuatwordpress, Nov 8, 2014 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  18. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Exactly. I've worked with a number of plagiarism checkers (free and paid) and all of them make mistakes from time to time. So it never hurts to randomly google the stuff that you get from a writer.

Alex Toll, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  19. Creditor

Creditor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I write a text in google and check the phrases and expressions.

Creditor, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  20. nameless7

nameless7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Copyscape works perfectly for me

nameless7, Nov 13, 2014 IP