1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharing my thoughts

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ethan Alvin, May 2, 2014.

I decided to create this thread to share some of my thoughts & nuggets that I've picked up during my journey as an Internet Marketer:

What I've tried:
    - Clickbank
    - CPA
    - Affiliate Marketing
    - MLM programs
    - Brokering (various services)

What I've learnt (my humble opinions):
    - Every dime you spend should go into building an 'Asset'
    Asset: List of Subscribers, Website, Content, Relationships
    E.g. When you do Paid Advertising, always make sure the traffic is sent to a Lead Capture page.

- Always promote something you are comfortable with and believe in.
    I gave MLM products a shot but detested it because of the value of these systems (in addition to the monthly fees). Well I'm sure there are plenty of you experiencing success with MLM systems but I felt I was conning people.

- Diversify and use your earnings to explore and create new sources of income.
    Don't put all your eggs in one basket: If you are only dependent on Google Adsense to earn, what will happen if your account gets banned?

- Build a List
    It is imperative if you are looking to do Affiliate Marketing (across all niches). Build a relationship and provide value. Don't spam them with junk emails filled with other affiliate links.

I shared this before but I'll do it again.
    I once did a $50 PPC campaign and sent the clicks directly to a Clickbank product.
    Result? Zero Sales but plenty of 'Hops' to admire. I had nothing to work with after my entire budget was exhausted. There were no leads that I could follow up on.
    Best $50 spent because that taught me a valuable lesson, leading to all my earnings today.

I learnt it the hard way and I currently have a huge list which I can market to.
    "The Money is in the List."
    "The Real Money is in the Follow Up."

- Be willing to expose yourself
    If you want to become an Internet Marketer, don't set your Facebook to private. Interact and get to know people. Through Conversations, you can learn about new ways to advertise or which products to avoid.

- Treat this like a Real Business
    Stop thinking that IM is a quick way to get rich. If you have this mindset, even if you are earning now, I can assure you that it will only be short term gains. If you're a regular here, you will know that many DPs are experienced marketers who are constantly building sustainable sources of income through creating websites, portals and even services. Put your heart and soul into this business, build your reputation and gather leads. Be open to learning new things.

It requires hard work, dedication, commitment and faith.

I'm not a guru.
    I'm a nobody.

I'm simply sharing my 2 cents.

Feel free to add on guys! :)

Ethan Alvin, May 2, 2014 IP
    Annea likes this.
  2. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you know what you are doing on your venture into the cyber world of being an entrepreneur on the internet. Make sure you know the product or service you provide is legitimate and profitable for you and your service for the costumer.

Boost_Software, May 2, 2014 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am a firm believer that finding and sticking to one or max two projects is the best way to go. It's ok, of course, to try a variety of things initially, but once you find something that works - stick to it and see it through to fruition. It may take 2-3 years to grow it, but if you persevere through it all, you will be glad you didn't jump on the next shiny thing everyone else was jumping on.

qwikad.com, May 3, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I concur. You have to focus and only diversify when you see it to fruition or just move on to the next project. I was coming from the point of not being comfortable with just one source of income.

Ethan Alvin, May 3, 2014 IP
  5. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP, you are right.

Whatever your online business, a list is valuable asset. Money is in the list.

himanuzo, May 5, 2014 IP
  6. Teepee

Teepee Member

Best Answers:
    Another great article, Ethan. But there is no such word as "learnd". Make that "learned" and it will be perfectly written.

Teepee, May 20, 2014 IP
  7. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he said, "learnt" which is perfectly acceptable British or Canadian English spelling. :) I've no idea where the OP is from but I think his post is great and right on the money.

Annea, May 20, 2014 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for clarifying :) Yeap I'm using British English.

Cheers people!

Ethan Alvin, May 21, 2014 IP