1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing a new network. Any tips are welcome!

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by YJunK, May 15, 2014.

?

What's bets

1. CPM Fun

10.0%
  2. Epom

20.0%
  3. Good old AdSense

45.0%
  4. Other

25.0%
    So, currently my own site is on CPMFun, my "work" site is just running good-old AdSense (cuz why not?), and the website I work for runs Epom.
    In the end, I'm supposed to manage all 3, because that's part of my job, and I would like to put all three websites onto the same thing, just to make my own life easier. I've been leaning towards Epom lately, but If anybody has anything else to offer, I would gladly listen.

YJunK, May 15, 2014 IP
    genkied likes this.
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you get on with a network which has an abundance of direct campaigns, but also has 2 direct exchange seats - in your case Google AdX would be extremely helpful, and another exchange for non-premium fill. So it would allow you to not only see all of your stats in one location. The idea is to get a well rounded network which can help you monetize your premium inventory, and some of your maybe non-premium inventory.

I would be happy to help provide more advice, feel free to send me a PM.

wrekoniz3, May 15, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I often stick with Adsense when I work with small\beginner sites having few traffic and clients love having the possibility to start having additional income even at low traffic.
    And as to targeting -- it's been a long time since i had checked this, but isn't google's contextual targeting still the best one?

Karuna17, May 15, 2014 IP
  4. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is good when you have interesting content and some conversion. Don't use only one ad network, because it's risky.

prawyyy, May 18, 2014 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is no doubt a great CPC and CPM Network. As you have already a Adsense account, Just stick with it and move on.

iwebsocial, May 19, 2014 IP
  6. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm its very easy to say use this, that and adsense is great etc, but how many of us really realize it is really worth or possible to use cpmfun and adsense together, if you ask my opinion than no, because cpmfun have adult ads, redirect, malware multiple pops etc etc, and if you use adsense account in such website where you using ads which cpmfun offers, then that will lower performance in adsense account and if that happens you will end up loosing adsense account, and even if you use them together than you will end up earning less in Adsense or other network because if your website shows multiple pops and redirects than ads from other network will not have any performance.

If its me I would not take such risk putting adsense in such website where ads redirect and has multiple ads, even if it takes more time, you earn for long period rather getting account ban.

aassociatehit, May 19, 2014 IP
  7. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Experimentation is really the best way to figure out which advertising network is best for your website. I'm constantly experimenting today still.

JackSeal, May 19, 2014 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    For those who vote AdSense, I dont like to spam but here is something to seriously check out... it might save you in the long run.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/whistleblower-claims-google-stole-money-from-publishers-1569412191

I agree with this 100%. The link above just solidifies it. Networks are losing thousands from Google.

What about direct? :)

wrekoniz3, May 20, 2014 IP
  9. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    Valuable information though with that it looks its just a random company or person could be victim and someone else breaking rules may still earn money.

aassociatehit, May 20, 2014 IP
  10. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Exactly, its all about who can possibly make the most noise they protect those accounts. I know of several networks who have lost Millions and google refuses to provide any details to their fraud claims.

The company I work for is a Google AdX Partner, but still, whats right is right.

11. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    I know have seen many popular network openly break TOS and still doing very good, such as I have seen google ads on floating banner and there are many network who openly showing ads on movie or entertainment, warz, torrent, download sites, I am sure this is something google does not accept , but again network doing it and not getting caught, I have personally seen such activity from couple network.

I wonder how such network surviving and not getting caught, even some network encourage their member to put ads on floating banner.

12. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Most networks don't actually directly run google ads. To run Ads from AdX the publisher has to fill out a form which gets submitted to google directly for approval, so unless those networks are doing that, which is highly unlikely, what is probably happening is Google Bid Manager is showing up running a campaign. But it doesn't mean its an actual campaign managed through Google's platform by a Google Advertiser or Trading Desk through the Google Ad Exchange.

13. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Selling ads directly is my new experiment. 30% fill rate and 55% share just aren't cutting it for me.

JackSeal, May 20, 2014 IP
  14. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    That is certainly good idea only if you can manage to get enough advertiser and make sure those advertiser not refunding money back from paypal, I tried it and not as easy as it looks, most of the time if you don't know buyer very well you end up loosing,

15. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Easy is actually the opposite of what I think this process will be. I know it's going to be difficult. However, I'm willing to go that route if it means more revenue.

JackSeal, May 20, 2014 IP
  16. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Yeah but thats the scam to it. Why do you think networks payout high CPM's on low fill? Because its easy to pay those rates for the good inventory, the real test of a network is their ability to fill the junk. If you got a network giving you 100% Fill at $0.25 its actually far better than 10% Fill at $1.00 but people see the $1.00 and ignore the logic to it. lol

Absolutely. Extremely difficult. You still haven't assessed all the options as far as networks either :)

Thats why companies usually require wires, it prevents fraud and chargebacks.

17. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine had a bad experience with Adsense though. He had put couple Google blocks on a client's site, made around $300 in a month, and right before he decided to ask them to send his check, they banned him for presumably illicit practice, though he hadn't done anything like that. It happens from time to time and it's really unpredictable.

Karuna17, May 21, 2014 IP
  18. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    Reason or for no reason you never know when account will be banned and frustrating part is they will not tell you reason for ban, even though you earn much less in other methods but I would still stick with CPA CPM and other sources which work better for long term.

aassociatehit, May 21, 2014 IP
  19. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is always better to combine several networks. But Google AdSense might be a bit risky with it – they are really quick with banning. Also I’m not familiar with CPM Fun and Epom policy. Do they allow that?

Sam42, May 21, 2014 IP
  20. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Do they allow what?

wrekoniz3, Jun 8, 2014 IP