1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[tips] @googlemail.com and dot in gmail address

Discussion in 'Google' started by cupid9, Dec 8, 2006.

I just found out that @googlemail.com and @gmail.com are the same and are interchangeable. Sending a mail to and will send a mail to the same person.

This is good since we might want to use @googlemail.com when subscribing to a mailing list or newsletter. Then we can create a filter to filter all mails to @googlemail.com when we find that a lot of spams are coming in.

By the way, Google has already done a very great job in combating junk or bulk or spam mails, compared to Yahoo! and Microsoft (both Hotmail and Live mail).

Also, I just found out that the dots in the gmail address have the same function as mentioned above. For example, sending mail to or or is actually sending mail to the same person.

Just for sharing. :)

cupid9, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  2. Netizen

Netizen Peon

Best Answers:
    More tips:

Anything after a + is ignored: abcd+anythingyouwant@gmail.com
    Upper case is ignored:

These work for Gmail for your domain, too.

Netizen, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  3. Millar

Millar Peon

Best Answers:
    Great! I was just thinking about this in my bath I just had and was going to try it out, you saved me the job..

Millar, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  4. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the spam tips...I'll be sure to use it when I'm submitting to directories. :D

oseymour, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  5. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    At first, I'm really shocked when you say the tips I posted are :mad: spam or spammy tips. Then I only understand your meaning when I read your sentence twice. These days everyone hates spam. The word spam is a bad word. Let us fight spam together! ;)

And yes, using these alternative email addresses when filling the directory submission forms is another great suggestion. Thanks.

cupid9, Dec 9, 2006 IP
  6. ShytKicker

ShytKicker Guest

Best Answers:
    Funny that the person above me got confused, because when I read this post I was also confused. Thought you said "a+" but you meant a "+".

Had to read it liek 5 times to understand! :p

ShytKicker, Dec 9, 2006 IP