1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Directory Submition Is Effictive Today Also.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Ashutosh943, Jan 17, 2014.

Please tell me Does Directory Submitting Is Effective Today Also.Someone told me directory submitting is not so much effective.

Ashutosh943, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Submission into Quality directories such as related to your website theme and regional based directories is beneficial.

eric_wahlberg, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  3. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submit to quality well-maintained directories and you will see the benefits. For the most part that translates to "if its not a paid directories, be very careful"

Nima, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    michaeljm72 likes this.
  4. wanderinglex47

wanderinglex47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that no, it is not useful. It's not worth the time or money investment, for sure. The reasons are simple: Google doesn't care about links from directories (in fact the latest updates have removed a ton of them completely), people don't use them either. Article sites like Ezine are going the same way, too. It's all about social networks nowadays.

wanderinglex47, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Boy am I glad you are not in charge of our SEO

Nima, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  6. msocialh

msocialh Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Submission to high quality directories into a category relative to your website is much important. Some directories like DMOZ have authority within Google search engine, if your website is approved their - which is hard and can take time - Can tell Google that your website is worth indexing and getting ranked higher.

msocialh, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are hoping to see an instant and massive boost in SERPs, PR, etc., then I guess I'd say no, that's not something I would consider as "effective" as a directory is concerned.

If however you have an overall marketing strategy that includes more than just submitting your web site to a directory then, yes, as part of a larger organized all encompassing marketing strategy a directory can be extremely effective.

As an example, let's say you have a widget to sell and you advertise your widget in the newspaper. You take out a small ad buried deep in that paper and you run it once. You find that you sell NO widgets and then conclude that newspaper advertising must not be effective.

However, let's say you run your newspaper ad with a little more frequency. You run the ad in more than one location and more than one paper bi-weekly. In conjunction with this you run that same ad in trade publications directed at your target demographic, e.g. the people that would be most likely to buy your widgets. You also set up a web site for that widget and then advertise that web site on other related websites, including but not limited to both niche' and general directories. Again, you list your widget web site in areas that will direct your widget to your target audience.

Now you start selling a lot of widgets. You cannot say for sure if it is because of the newspaper, magazine, web, web directory or a internet search. What you can say however is that by blanketing several mediums and doing so with good, concise and well organized content - locating that content in relevant content delivery systems IS EFFECTIVE.

Hope this makes more sense.. Google knows this. Unfortunately they want to be the ONLY content delivery medium you use. Advertising does not work that way. That is, if you want it to be effective.

Mia, Feb 7, 2014 IP
    michaeljm72 and Nima like this.
  8. teamworkpr

teamworkpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes directory submission is so effective with unique content.

teamworkpr, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  9. wwwhome

wwwhome Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your backlinks are not all or mostly from directories,i guess it's effective.

wwwhome, May 8, 2014 IP
  10. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I find submitting to directories to work great for me. Like mentioned above "related directories" is key. Stay away from instant approval ones to.

TonyG23, May 8, 2014 IP
  11. Ryan Viola

Ryan Viola Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is working but it should be ethical and directory site should have some good reputation, but i will suggest you about natural linkbuilding

Ryan Viola, May 8, 2014 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think a good gauge of the effectiveness of directories today can be found in the volume and frequency with which new listings are being generated. I can say that from my perspective, our directories both continue to have a consistent and constant flow of quality websites being both submitted and added daily.

Mia, May 9, 2014 IP
  13. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is penalized long-time ago and people claiming it to be effective and selling the service are going to get you penalized on Google.

jazzyjmnote, May 10, 2014 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Do you have some conclusive evidence of "penalization"?

Mia, May 13, 2014 IP
  15. HighTechOcean

HighTechOcean Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do more directory submission and do submission in high PR directories. If you submit in low PR directories then after a long time your website may get penalized.

Read this content....
    http://moz.com/blog/web-directory-submission-danger

Good Luck.... :)

HighTechOcean, May 15, 2014 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    This article is 2 years old. Does not seem quite relevant today.

Mia, May 15, 2014 IP
  17. kaibril

kaibril Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would help somehow but don't just focus on it. There are many directories that does not function after a year or few months. Remember that there are still many ways so as to advertise your website.

kaibril, May 31, 2014 IP
  18. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    I will say "yes". There are many good directories which still work today. But you have keep in mind some things before you list your site to any direcrotoy.
    • related directoy. It means a directory related to your niche
    • High PR
    • A good amount of visitors

Anis Mizi, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    This are called "fly by night" and they are fairly easy to spot. They almost always have high PR, 6 or higher. Usually have domain names that have absolutely nothing to do with the name of the directory or niche'. And google searches for them and their indexed pages usually contain links from .EDU web sites and other unrelated HIGH PR web sites. Finally, those same google searches typically yield results for pages that were once indexed when the Directory was operating as something OTHER than a directory.

In other words, most of these types of directories are recycled expired and or hyjacked domains that are out for a temporary short term boost and a quick buck.

Mia, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  20. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This.

earticles, Jun 9, 2014 IP