1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Traffic To A New Site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MobileInternet, May 6, 2014.

I've Just finished building a site and I was wondering what techniques some of you guys use to draw traffic?

MobileInternet, May 6, 2014 IP
  2. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That really depends on what type of website it is. What niche are you in?

kush86, May 6, 2014 IP
  3. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Beauty, Cosmetics Products

4. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube videos seams one good way for your niche
    Blog posts on related sites, comments on beauty/fashion sites (just google them and start writing relevant answers)
    Create some social media pages (facebook, twitter and pinterest that should go fine with your nice) , post daily and link to your site

You will see some results after 1/2 month of hard and smart work ;)

Good luck,
    S.

shmekerosu, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. kaleelkr

kaleelkr Active Member

Best Answers:
    facebook market i prefer. search for groups related your product. post articles there with your banner .

kaleelkr, May 6, 2014 IP
  6. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Advice. Thanks Guys

7. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome...let us know how the things turn out!

BR

shmekerosu, May 6, 2014 IP
  8. Yourwebsolution

Yourwebsolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you wanna get visitors for the long term, than SEO is the best solution.

Make sure your on-page SEO is set right, put your most important keywords in your title, description, content and H1 tags. New websites getting a Google dance. In this period of time you get a opportunity to show Google if your website is worth the ranking. Make sure you have enough internal links and invite visitors to check these pages for more info, this will keep your bouncerate low and from my experience I can tell that bounce rate is becoming more important everyday for SEO and the same goes with social media links.

Have patient, just continue to add more content for at least once a week and try to get quality back links (social media links will do just fine). After some time you will get a steady ranking.

Yourwebsolution, May 6, 2014 IP
  9. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok, here's my advice. Write articles that tells your reader what the product is, what it does, and make a "how to" youtube video (which you will place in your article) covering the same things in the article but with the added content of how to apply the product. Comment on other blogs but make sure your comments are very helpful and on topic.

If you already covered a product on your website but know you could write another article on that same product. Contact other bloggers and offer to guest post on their blog. Help them promote the article, they will love that. Ask them if they know any other bloggers that would like a guest post. This alone will give you tons of traffic.

Make sure your website has a twitter profile, facebook fan page, youtube channel, and a instagram page. Now for social media marketing, besides the normal promoting each of your articles, also promote your youtube videos on the other profiles. At the end of each of your youtube videos tell your viewers to subscribe to your youtube channel also follow your other social profiles. On twitter, you want to look up the products in the twitter search bar and answer people questions, start a convo with random people. Post tons of pictures on instagram, share them on twitter and facebook. You can even take stills from your youtube videos and upload those pics to instagram and share them on facebook and twitter.

Now if you selling products make sure your pages are SEO friendly and look up some basic onpage SEO. Well thats it from off the top of my head.

kush86, May 7, 2014 IP
  10. Joseph_F

Joseph_F Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Blog posting is an art form. People are sooooo scared of the big bad spammer, that us normal non-spammers try too hard to sound normal and casual, and end up sounding like a spammer lol! I would suggest building a list of sites where you become a REGULAR commenter for a while (without links), to build trust. Then after the site master starts approving your comments regularly, ask them if they would mind you adding a link to your site within one of your comments in exchange for a link or two from your site.

Forums are an awesome source of free traffic, so long as you treat them right and don't wade in waving your link around. Pinterest is probably the best suggestion here for a beauty blog. ALso check out the extension "Share As Image", you can find in google. This makes it possible to share text as an image in pinterest, which is a real CTR booster, because people want to finish what they have started reading. I find that using the toolbar addon to do something like this:

Revlon have launched
    an exciting new super
    mascara that.....
    click me to read more.

Works really, really well. using words at the end like "that", "which", "who", "where" etc itches people's brains like mad! They have to know what the rest of the sentence says!

Good luck, and keep us posted :)

Joseph_F, May 7, 2014 IP
    shmekerosu likes this.
  11. Media_Challenge

Media_Challenge Member

Best Answers:
    1. Focus on the Long Tail
    2. Optimize Your Articles
    3. Link Building
    4. Use Google's Keyword Tool
    5. Think of SEO as an Opportunity to Create Value
    6. Produce Quality Content
    7.Use Social Media to market your website and content
    8.Create a Company Blog to Increase SEO Traffic
    9.Leverage Industry Experts
    10. Create a Community

Media_Challenge, May 7, 2014 IP
  12. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There're many sources to get instant free traffic to your websites.

1) Forum posting is one of the best way to drive large amount of free and instant traffic to any website. There're millions of new online conversations on hundreds of thousands of forums every single day , Question and Answer sites and groups on social media sites. Engaging in online conversations will drive more and better traffic at a lower cost in a shorter time.

2) Social media is another source for instant free traffic. It takes a while to build a large fan/audience base, so a better option is to join social sharing communities to reach more followers.

3) Blog commenting will also generates massive traffic.

Article submission, content syndication are other sources for instant free traffic.

For some niches or topics, you may not find the blog posts to comment or social media groups to share, but we'll find many forum threads.

dejaone, May 8, 2014 IP
  13. zinsavage123

zinsavage123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Low competition keywords/phrases will be your best friends. Go for high traffic as possible for the low keywords as well. Preferably 1k+ if possible. Either way just stick to low competition for now, so you can actually have a shot at ranking posts/content.

zinsavage123, May 11, 2014 IP
  14. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of results could be expected?

Ence Litsep, May 11, 2014 IP
  15. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends, like in all life situations :D

First, I don't know your exact page so I can objectively advice but if you combine somehow all the methods I mentioned (that seams to fit your niche) you can expect some 500-1000 unique users per day in one or two month on a constant basic. Extend the time and effort put into this and this can grow further (I got some 50K users/day in 1 year with this on one site, but it depends on many factors).

So my only advice at this point: stop wondering and start doing ;) and keep us posted so anyone can benefit from your experiments.

Good luck!
    S.

shmekerosu, May 11, 2014 IP
  16. FreelancerM

FreelancerM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for a faster way to get traffic I can recommend you choosing some of the reliable sellers that can be found on SEOClerks. You can find a lot of good sellers (check their ratings) on this freelancing website. Just use some "normal" amount of traffic so that you can rank better on the search engines. It is working very well for me.

FreelancerM, May 12, 2014 IP
  17. Alina Thomas

Alina Thomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

For this you need to make an overall strategy first you need to do keyword research after selecting the best keyword you need to focus on site meta and site structure and need to focus on all activities which comes under on page and after successful implementation of on page you need to move on off page .For this you need to submit your site on different sites with proper and unique detail .One more thing you also need to take help from social media site .These are some way to generate traffic if you properly implement all the task.

Alina Thomas, May 13, 2014 IP
  18. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    There are two ways to bring traffic to a new site.
    One of them costs money: The cheapest and most effective systems for your site are both FB and Google.
    The free way of bringing traffic relates SEO and blogs you manage by yourself. You can also search platforms for exchanging traffic between similar sites.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, May 13, 2014 IP
  19. ggmedia

ggmedia Member

Best Answers:
    no one mentioned craigslist....it is one of the best marketing platforms if done right. dont spam though. just announce that you have a new website with products to sell. people on craigslist are looking to buy so conversions can be quite high ;)

ggmedia, May 13, 2014 IP
  20. Alina Thomas

Alina Thomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    ggmedia you are right but it is just a site name which is very good but we are discussing on the overall process.

Alina Thomas, May 14, 2014 IP