1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it hard to learn Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by JeremyIrvine, Jul 28, 2013.

1. KewL

KewL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't call it easy, but its definitely fun. Its a little frustrating at first when your trying to follow a lesson and you get lost. I learned Photoshop years ago, back when it was version 7, now I'm learning illustrator and going through the same thing.

So yeah if your interested in creating stuff, its definitely fun to learn hands on

KewL, May 5, 2014 IP
  2. SDMBG

SDMBG Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have interest in the graphic design field, then it is definitely not difficult to learn Photoshop. Of course it will require some time, but if you are enthusiastic, you can learn the basics in less then a month, which will be enough to create decent banners/brouchures for your tasks. There is planty of free Photoshop lessons available on the net which can help you get the basic knowledge first, and even develope yourself as a successful designer on a later stage. If you really enjoy that type of work, you will not even consider it as work, and you will be eager to learn new things every day.

SDMBG, May 7, 2014 IP
  3. Steven Wagenheim

Steven Wagenheim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Noops,,, If one should practice it's not a too tedious task .

Steven Wagenheim, May 8, 2014 IP
  4. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you take a job where your required to do something you have no idea how to do?

Matthew2D, May 8, 2014 IP
  5. more05less

more05less Peon

Best Answers:
    I also want to learn PS but haven't started yet... Are there any good tutorials for learning Photoshop? I just want to edit photos and make them look more creative or beautiful... :p

more05less, May 9, 2014 IP
  6. more05less

more05less Peon

Best Answers:
    I also wonder this... :)

more05less, May 9, 2014 IP
  7. cmehreen

cmehreen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi more05less, I think it may help you to know about image masking service ( http://www.creativeclippingpath.com/imagemasking.php ). Take a look!

cmehreen, May 15, 2014 IP
  8. kxjakkk

kxjakkk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just google "photoshop tutorials" and hundreds will pop up. Photoshop has endless possibilities.

kxjakkk, May 22, 2014 IP
  9. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It could be really challenging at first especially when you don't have a background using any related application like it. But that doesn't mean you can't learn it. Little by little, One technique at a time man. I know you could do it. I know for sure because 3 years ago I didn't know how to use Photoshop. But I persevered and tried to learn and absorb as much information as I can. I'm still not a pro but I'm definitely better than who I was 3 years ago. There's a lot of free tutorials on youTube man. Check them out.

John Osel O. Diaz, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  10. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jeremy,

I recommend Illustrator for the work you will be doing. Here is a beginners tutorial on Illustrator. The tutorial is 43 minutes long and covers all the basics.

Or you can look up an Indesign beginners tutorial on YouTube.

I also suggest as in other posts that you subcontract the work while you learn Illustrator or Indesign. Unless you are an awesome quick learner.

Braulio

braulio, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  11. Helen V

Helen V Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree with those suggesting you tube tutorials. There are so many to choose from including basic for beginners through to expert and they area free. You have a few sleepless nights ahead of you

Helen V, Oct 25, 2015 IP
  12. Nico Puegher

Nico Puegher Peon

Best Answers:
    Is not really hard, but you need practice. You won't learn photoshop in 5 hours, you will have slow movement since you need to think what you're doing, but between every Adobe product, photoshop is the most user-friendly of all.

You can make your learning faster watching tutorials on Youtube, Google, Blogs, etc or you can pay for awesome tutorials from experts step by step in your language such Video2brain (not really expensive). For me the best way to learn a new software is just playing with it, you can't broke it, but I understand that isn't for most of the people, but works for me.

You don't need too much advanced techniques, with the basics you can make anything you want. Also there're tons of sites with freebies that you can modify and save a lot of time or even use them as they are. If you're interested send me a message and I'll send you some good sites to find free fonts and free resources for you to use or learn.

Best Regards,
    Nicolas.

Nico Puegher, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  13. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should learn some specific tasks in photoshop instead of learning all things.. The work you are describing must needs some basic knowledge and if you know the basics of photoshop then go for the specific work that your company assigned you. Youtube and google are the best platforms to learn some specific things..

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  14. Marvin Show

Marvin Show Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Photoshop can be very easy if you consider the results you want in the first place. The interface is DEEP! You can simply utilize a few online tutorials that highlight the specific tasks your trying to learn.

Marvin Show, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  15. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's too hard to learn Photoshop. Practice regularly 2-3 hours. Know about this tools very well and use them.

Atikur, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  16. GulfJoinery

GulfJoinery Member

Best Answers:
    i think it's not but need more time :D

GulfJoinery, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  17. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah time needed of course.

Atikur, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  18. monim1

monim1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is too hard to learn Photoshop. It is quite easy to learn basic Photoshop. I learned basic Photoshop within 20 days. There are a lot of videos on Photoshop available on Youtube.

monim1, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  19. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Jeremy,
    Photoshop is an art. Always remember this. Now if you really wants to learn photoshop, first ask yourself, are you creative? Will you could give you full time during learning photoshop? So i have some ideas for you.
    I assumed that you know a little about photoshop (as you said in you post that you did search about it). With all the menu options, palettes, tools, filters, layer styles and various changes you can make to an image, it’s quite difficult to know where to start. The best way to lean photoshop by your self is to see online courses, so many videos available. You can download the e books about Photoshop.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 4, 2015 IP
  20. Senju

Senju Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, because there are many tutorials around the WEB that can walk you through each step and every thing you need to know about Photoshop (YouTube one of these sites).

Senju, Dec 5, 2015 IP