1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google not ranking my website

Discussion in 'SEO' started by DIgital Trade, May 2, 2014.

Greetings,

We have been running our online store for 5 months now. We have around 1700 indexed websites, I have done some backlinking, unique content. Updating site daily and have channel on every big social media site. Seems like google are not ranking my website? Will it take more time or is there something wrong with site?

Our consumer electronics online store located here.

Looking forward to hear some opinions and feedback.

King Regards,
    Kaur

DIgital Trade, May 2, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do a Google Search for the URL of your site. If Google displays results, your site is indexed. It may just be that it is not ranking well.

danasurvey, May 2, 2014 IP
  3. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    Site is indexed any many other pages also. What factores are considered on ranking by google? What's wrong with my site that its not ranking well? Some feedback will be much appreciated.

DIgital Trade, May 3, 2014 IP
  4. Write_House

Write_House Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also check google webmaster tools that you don't have any manual penalties.

And make sure you're optimised for local search - Google places etc.

Write_House, May 3, 2014 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    the electronics that you are selling, are they unique to the world? If not, then what added
    value are you offering? I am going to assume for a min your store items are not unique, so therefore
    not only do you compete with major retailers selling those exact same items, you also have
    to compete with mil other affiliates selling those exact same products, not to mention, some
    of those stores have been around years before you even thought about starting a store....
    What did you think was going to happen? you were going to setup a store, add some unique
    content, some backlinks, and you were going outrank those that have been around years longer then you?
    sure, it is possible to outrank those others, its called black-hat seo, at least for the short time you will rank....
    and if i misunderstood anything, then i completely apologize...

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    dscurlock, May 3, 2014 IP
  6. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You for Your feedback.

We are not looking to outrank anyone. I'm just wondering why my site is not ranked by google as we are updating our content constantly, adding new products, backlinks, social media etc. Yes we are on the hardest niche around and we are working to start offering more unique products for customers.
    Are you saying that only one major online store can rank on this niche? I doubt this is possible. We are unique and new on our local market and offering pretty great prices for most EU costumers. Ofcourse we are not able to compete with eBay or Amazon or any other major retailer and that's obvious.

DIgital Trade, May 4, 2014 IP
  7. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    If you are going to get ahead, then you are going to have to outrank, or out do someone...
    unless you are ok with megar organic traffic with hit and miss sales, no? are your products unique or not?
    unique means you sell 100% of products made by you; If ebay, amazon sell the same products you
    have, then you are not unique, and it just makes competition worse because you are trying to
    fight for the same dollars they are fighting for, and we all know they are at the top of the engines....
    nothing is impossible, and unique content is not a win-win guarantee to the finish line either....
    you are one store out of millions of unique content that is posted daily; Of course unique content
    has its long term advantages, but not so much if me and you are sitting at the bottom of the sea
    trying to swim like hell in order to get to the surface so we can get somewhere....

dscurlock, May 4, 2014 IP
  8. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    Check the SEO work of you site. You may get bad links that is why Google is not supporting you.

alek, May 4, 2014 IP
  9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    His site is only 5 months old, how many backlinks could he possibly have? However,
    if he has been using automated backlinking tools, then he has been hanging himself....
    but he did not really get into that other then to say he was backlinking...

dscurlock, May 4, 2014 IP
  10. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    No I have not used any automated backlinking tools. We are trying to build authority and trust slowely but so it would work. We have been doing some forum posting, social media, directories, rss submissions, article submissions, local sites, some auction sites, we are in ebay etc. We have not yet done any paid advertising.
    How can we check if theres any bad backlinks ?

DIgital Trade, May 4, 2014 IP
  11. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    None of the backlink techniques you listed are very effective. I don't know what kind of keywords you're going for, nor what your on-site optimization looks like... but if you're trying for any keywords that are even slightly challenging, you're going to have to get some better backlinks going. Look into high PR/PA/DA contextual homepage links.

DiggitySEO, May 5, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  12. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes well those links are links that I can get for free and without much trouble and they are pretty much must do for SEO. For Onpage SEO I have done title optimizing, meta descriptions, meta keywords, keywords for titles. Working on optimizing every and each category with products and there titles and metas. Site has all seo friendly urls except blog. Most points should be covered and done.
    Yes need to do little investment on high PR links.

DIgital Trade, May 6, 2014 IP
  13. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you worked on interlinking your inner pages? If not, I'd consider concentrating on it.

evgenktulu, May 7, 2014 IP
  14. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    tell us more about site's SEO -- the problem might be there. and, by the way, what's you domains PageRank?

Karuna17, May 7, 2014 IP
  15. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    How should interlinking look like? In my articles/blog posts I have done some linking to my own different product pages.

DIgital Trade, May 7, 2014 IP
  16. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes well that might be the problem. Webmaster shows content keywords that are useless. I have started redoing all category, homepage titles, descriptions also adding meta tags. All images should have alt tagas, I have done everything I know of myself without spending money on SEO. Onpage have done www direct, urls are seo friendly, pagespeed should be alright - using gzip, have 1700 urls indexed from my site. Still I have no pagerank and my store is not converting well.
    I have been told to consider making new website, is this really neccessery? Homepage should look better but I think (as customer) that other pages looks alright. Store is not converting, what points should I relook?

17. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    @DIgital Trade
    you ask direct questions without even showing your site. You got your theoretical answers.

evgenktulu, May 7, 2014 IP
  18. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm so sorry! I though I included website on my first post. Guess not.
    Seems like I cannot link.

Website here: http://www.digitaltrade.eu

19. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    if you have that much labor put in, i'd not make a new site and abandon this one. You can try to make a new site and develop and promote it independently with different techniques. It could be an informational blog or something. When you promote it to high PR (only with quality niche links, put a backlink from the front page to your money-site).

Karuna17, May 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  20. DIgital Trade

DIgital Trade Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything is possible to fix, site is not penalized by Google. Everything is working, it is just not converting well, lack of traffic and no rank from Google. Other than that I have been taking searious look on my onpage SEO and many tools I have used shows duplicated content? Can anyone explain? All the pages should be unique and theres no duplication.

DIgital Trade, May 8, 2014 IP