1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take Google to rank my website ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rashidmoney, May 2, 2014.

Hi guys,

Its been Month now, and I'm ranked in Google for any of my keywords! notice that I have done all of SEO and Google's guidelines such as;

- Quality articles, unique content, with more than 450 to 1000 words each.
    - Quality backlinks.
    - IMG alt tags.
    - Few affiliate links.
    - Update, 2 articles each week.
    - Head tags.
    - And other SEO techs

The website is Spraysite.net.

For anyone who says that the keywords that I'm seeking are competitive, I tell them I'm NOT trying to reach the number one spot! all I need is to be in any one the three first pages of Google, I mean I'm NOT even indexed!

Should I quit and try to build a new website or what?! Help me.

rashidmoney, May 2, 2014 IP
  2. Kaiort

Kaiort Member

Best Answers:
    My new website was indexed on google already after 1 day so... It's a stupid question but did you made and submitted your sitemap to google webmaster tools?

Kaiort, May 2, 2014 IP
  3. Roger11

Roger11 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Kaiort. I think you didn't you haven't submitted your sitemap to google

Roger11, May 2, 2014 IP
  4. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    i have submitted my sitemap and add mu url to google

5. tracker22

tracker22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on many aspects. But try to register your website to Google Webmaster

tracker22, May 2, 2014 IP
  6. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    i told u, i have submitted it my sitemap and add my url tp google so it means that i have already registered to google web master

7. saarbel

saarbel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pingler/pingfarm and ofcourse google webmaster tools.

saarbel, May 2, 2014 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean "my site is not"? And, frankly speaking, for your ambitions (first page), one month is a very short period of time.

I'm willing to bet you have violated them.

I didn't read beyond a few paragraphs on your home page as it just wasn't well-written at all. Not only is the English of an average standard (and perhaps I am being generous), but very keyword. It's written for search engines and not your (potential) audience.

All I found was comment spam. Don't build links; earn links instead.

Alt tags, if done in the right way, are for image search. Anyway, their primary purposes are to describe images and this description can be used by screen readers, for example. (Look up web accessibility.)

Your site is indexed, just not ranking and what God-given-right do you think your site has to rank? Look at the pages ranking for "how to spray" (I assume it's one of your keywords); they have much higher Page Authority - in fact, yours has none.

You don't need a new site, just a new attitude and work hard for your first page ranking.

You have some stupid ads irrelevant for your audience - these "cash for surveys" and "top affiliate banks blah blah" are utterly irrelevant for your target audience. You come across as having no understanding of them.

ryan_uk, May 2, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  9. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    Thank u guys for these responses. Please bare with me with since I'm a beginner and I want to learn from your experiences.

Now for the:

1- Content, Can u tell me what do u mean by " It's written for search engines and not your (potential) audience " and " it just wasn't well-written at all ", since the one who wrote the articles is a native English speaker.

2- Backlinks, When I check backlinks for a niche website (and its ranked number one on Google), all I see that the backlinks come from Chianese and Russian websites and other websites that do not relate to the niche website. Now my backlinks are few I know that, but I'm not spamming and they come from high authority and related websites!!! such as; Instructables.com.

3- I see people rank their websites just after 1-2 weeks from posting the first post.

Please discuss these notes in details so I can learn from you, and don't be easy one me.

rashidmoney, May 3, 2014 IP
  10. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Just because your article was written by a native english speaker doesn't mean they are any better than someone who isn't. I know some native english speaker who sucks in writing and non-native to write even better. It is just a marketing strategy to increase price.

2. Backlinks are just 1 factor in ranking. So try check your one page SEO.

3. Like I said too many factor and one reason could be that their keyword choice is easy to rank.

point2, May 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just to note - the only keyword I am looking at (when I consider your competitors) is "how to spray paint".

@point2 is spot on - it's irrelevant if they are a native speaker. @Spoiltdiva is not a native speaker, but an excellent writer (and one would not notice she is not a native speaker). The same goes for my wife (who is Russian); her English is better than many native speakers I know.

Passion and knowledge will also help produce better content, too, so try to find someone who knows the topic. To be blunt, you should know the topic of your website. Only then can you produce the best content for your target audience.

I (and I am a native speaker) even made a mistake last night (I blame it on the 12 hour shift I was working :D) when I mentioned "keyword". I meant that the text is keyword heavy, which doesn't usually results in text that doesn't flow well and is boring to read.

I repeat - BORING!

I read some of your competitors (for "how to spray paint") and their content was much more interesting.

You are also trying to stuff far too much content into the first page. As the site is all about spray painting, dedicate your home page to enticing people to stay rather than boring them to death. Sell (I don't mean literally, just encourage people to stay and read) the content of your site and use links to tutorials to quickly direct them to the most popularity sought after ones.

I looked at your competitors and didn't see this usual crap excuse people give. Some of them were very high authority domains, which probably need very few backlinks (or even none) from their pages to rank high. Or had good organic links.

Again, for your site, all I found was spam. The one you mention is this:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Spray-Paint-a-T-Shirt/

It's laughable as it's not even a link. I repeat - earn links, quit spamming them. Learn from your competitors.

It depends - low competition keywords with weak competitors; or they gain very good links; and/or the content is much better than what else is out there.

Generally speaking, it requires a lot of hard work and effort to have a site rank and remain.[/QUOTE]

ryan_uk, May 3, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  12. linkologia

linkologia Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on many things, sometimes it's fast and sometimes few months. It depends how many links you have and what is force of this links. How many times your websites is visited per a day/week, what is alexa rank of your sites, how was changed google algorythm and many others..

linkologia, May 4, 2014 IP
  13. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one can tell when Google will index site. It depends on many factors affective between website and Google algorithm.

Anyhow, they just know that organic, enough and consent content will work well for Google boost crawl to such that site.

Michael Leng, May 4, 2014 IP
  14. Ravinder Cheema

Ravinder Cheema Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry friend, they are busy in engaging people with Google Plus, and don't have time for your site or you....lol..this is a search engine which created hundred of algorithms to promote their products, and now fooling people, because they themselves don't know how algorithms are working..:mad:

Ravinder Cheema, May 8, 2014 IP
  15. devraj108

devraj108 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has repeatedly said that they are using more than 255 factors in their ranking algorithm but the most important factors that are also related with how long it takes to rank in Google are the following:

Age of the domain
    – A website that is old and trusted is more likely to rank higher in Google search results than a newer website, provided that other factors remain equal.

Clean domain
    – A clean domain is a website that has not been penalized from Google either by a manual or algorithmic penalty.

Competition for the keywords you want to rank in Google –
    There is strong competition especially for the most popular keywords so you should be selective of the keywords you want to rank for.

devraj108, May 16, 2014 IP
    MarielaSchmidt likes this.
  16. MarielaSchmidt

MarielaSchmidt Member

Best Answers:
    Share your Site on Social Networks and you will be ranked in no time

MarielaSchmidt, May 17, 2014 IP
  17. rashidmoney

rashidmoney Member

Best Answers:
    Thank u guys for these amazing responses.

I maybe haven't been easy on myself and too hasty!

Now, When I check some of my website's posts ranking on Google, like; "washable spray paint" , "best car scratch remover" , "green spray for grass" I see that I'm ranked in the 3-5 pages in Google without any backlink. Is this good ? Is this a good sign that my site is doing a good job ? Or is it way too bad ranking ?

Please explain in details.

rashidmoney, May 19, 2014 IP
  18. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you ping your website? What about a link from Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, etc. You need just a few backlinks from pages that are already indexed by Google bot, which shouldn't be a big problem! ;)

patco, May 19, 2014 IP