1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox v29 Update.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joshie, Apr 30, 2014.

Mozilla Firefox has new update which is version 29.0 and it's quite insane, huge change that it's complete makeover almost. If you are using Firefox I recommend you to update your Firefox!

What do you think of the new update for Firefox? I actually would like to hear your feedback, I am curious about everything today for some reason.

In case if you are wondering what the new update looks like, I have screenshot the picture which can be seen on my personal website along with review and announcing about it: Firefox Version 29.0 Update!

What I am digging about the new update is the developer feature. I am still trying to get used to this makeover design.

Joshie, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My initial reaction: Firefox 29 is much faster than before. I noticed that within seconds of starting it after updating.

There are a few things I do not like. The way the address bar is under the tabs. The way the forward button disappears until you have gone back to a page with the back button. The bookmark button animation when you click it is unnecessary, but not that bothersome.

I am still unhappy about how the Javascript and images checkboxes were removed from the content tab in Tools -> Options a few versions ago. When I visit my websites, I always turn off Javascript and images to avoid tripping the hit counter like Google Analytics. Because this was removed from the content dialog, I have to go into about:config every time to do this.

I used to be a loyal Opera user until they changed to become nothing more than a second-rate Google Chrome clone even using the same rendering engine and, much worse, removing the Opera developer tools that were my main attraction to it. Firefox's developer tools are pretty good. I have not yet examined them for any change from before, but I understand some changes were to be made.

billzo, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  3. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am actually kinda liking the new Firefox update. I have been a Chrome user for a quite long time. It has been my main browser, but i'm thinking if of switching back again to Firefox. :)

Jesse27, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I almost started to switch the internet browser from Firefox to Chrome because I want something new to try, but in just time Firefox released a new update I immediately changed my mind and stuck with Firefox. :)

If you like the speed of new updated Firefox is, you can make it go even faster. I wrote a article on my personal website with baby instructions to modify Firefox to go faster than its speed. Here's the article: Firefox: Make it go faster.

Joshie, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  5. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice pointing out again the old firefox hack tricks.

By the way i suggest you make it into a bullet-type, it's hard reading them :p

Jesse27, May 2, 2014 IP
  6. tracker22

tracker22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice share for your traffic blog. :D

tracker22, May 2, 2014 IP
  7. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, I should do that.
    Oh!! I wasn't actually doing it to get traffics as I was only putting that link to help to make Firefox to go faster.

It wasn't my intention.

Joshie, May 2, 2014 IP
  8. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The design is quite good and it`s a little faster. The main problem isn`t solved yet : Sync still not working. That`s the main reason i don`t use it. I can`t carry around my bookmarks all the time on dropbox or something like that. I wanted that Sync to work and they said it`s working. Tried and yet broken. So , i wait for the fix before i use it. Hope in version 30 will work.

Jedineka, May 7, 2014 IP
  9. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The sync works fantastic for me, when I updated the browser Sync was the first thing I did and it worked like a wonder. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you, are you sure you have a registered account to sync because you would need an account to sync Firefox?

Plus if any one of you have several add-ons like I do especially at the bottom of Firefox and all of you notices that the bottom bar of browser is gone, but now you can get it back by installing this plugin so you can have the addon bar again for all of the plugins at the bottom of the browser like PR/alexa/complete/MOZ ranking and others: The Addon Bar.

Joshie, May 8, 2014 IP
  10. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created a whole new account and also installed the latest firefox on mobile. First, i synced on desktop to be sure and i logged in on mobile. Nothing happened on mobile.

Jedineka, May 8, 2014 IP
  11. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe this will help you out.

Click on the menu on the top right of the browser then click Customize and inside you'll see the sync button, now move that sync button to inside the sidebar box. Exit the customize and then click the menu again and go to where your e-mail address is, click that and it should bring up the options and from there be sure to check the boxes that you want to sync and click ok and then click the menu again and in the sidebar you press the sync button and see if that helps.

Joshie, May 8, 2014 IP
  12. genchev

genchev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The layout is different but kinda cool. I used to love the previous design. It was a huge step for firefox. Give it a time and you'll love it.

genchev, May 9, 2014 IP
  13. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    I've used new version for couple hours now and find it quite nice. Like the new design and the browser has been stable and fast.

dailycoins, May 10, 2014 IP
  14. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox has already released another update. Looks like Mozilla is catching up on updating Firefox more than ever, since the CEO/chairman resigned and have a new CEO/chairman.

Joshie, May 10, 2014 IP