1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Social Network

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SociaI, Apr 30, 2014.

Hello DP. I going to make new social network soon, no I don't think I will be next facebook or anything like that. For start I plan to release this site only in my country and see how it going. Second, I plan that it focus mostly on connecting people with same interests, also with connecting people that you already know. I got great idea with that connecting people with same interests, but I prefer not to speak about it yet. I got also few more good features. But I belive I need few more. Please let me know what you think, what you suggest and anything else :)

Thanks

SociaI, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  2. kaleelkr

kaleelkr Active Member

Best Answers:
    create mobile app for ur site. simple like whatsup. and also verify every account with phone . one account for one number. if you can verify every account by manually calling users. it helps to trust people together .. just my idea

kaleelkr, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  3. SociaI

SociaI Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is not kind of suggestion I was loking for but still I appriciate it. Thanks

SociaI, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only thing I can say is that any new social media network will struggle hard as every under dogs social media (such as realpics.net, showmypro.com etc etc and ShowMyPro was the top underdog social media and it burnt down) is being shadowed by popular social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. However you may make it is if you offer something that Facebook, Twitter and Google+ doesn't have. What can you offer that these top social media doesn't offer? If you have something then hopefully you'll make it out fine.

Joshie, May 1, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Joshie. It will be vital that your new social network offers something that the mainstream ones do not. Perhaps it isn't so much differentt and new but more of. For example, you can have more customization of your homepage and what not. I am wonder what exactly is your plan/idea. Then we can give more relevant advice.

Ence Litsep, May 1, 2014 IP
  6. Metatom

Metatom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess - as been suggested - you need to intricately work out what makes your network stand out from the others, which features you offer that the others don't. If I may suggest one: an events calendar. Facebook - for example - has a terrible calendar which is plain useless. Another one would be to sort friends according to the lists. Facebook lets you categorize your friends, but once you are looking for .... say your contacts in Helsinki, because you intend to travel there next month, you won't get the results (same applies to interest groups) ... etc.

Basically it's about making an evaluation what exactly your target audience is longing for.

Of course you could also publish your entire concept to us and we will take it apart, give better advice and potentially copy it before you can launch yours ;)

Metatom, May 1, 2014 IP
  7. SociaI

SociaI Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    About calendar, I thinked about something along those lines. But now when you think better there are xxxxx of apps that work like that. I'm not sure how helpfull it would be actually? I really can't share my plan here and unique features. I just plan to focus on connecting people with same interests. That going to be main goal of my network. Something like niche network, but niche network for any niche :D

SociaI, May 2, 2014 IP
  8. shahid ashraf

shahid ashraf Active Member

Best Answers:
    In starting pay some money to join and remain active.When you have enough members stop paying.

shahid ashraf, May 4, 2014 IP
  9. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are starting Social Network Site, Remember 1 thing What you will offer? If you will offer media like video, photos already in FB, Twitter, G+. You need to make different social network website. Take a look on all social network websites and make a plan what they will not offer like Twiiter not give you chat option but g+ and FB are giving you. Google + running well you know what why?
    Because 1st of all its google project and 2nd they give hangout option so its new for user. I will suggest you check all social websites and make a plan you can create mixture of all social networking sites.

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, May 5, 2014 IP
  10. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont give up grind hard for 2 years

Pastorsinlot, May 6, 2014 IP
  11. ThisRocks

ThisRocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just wrote an article about the top FB clone scripts out there, it took me two days to finish, this may be helpful for you since you are trying to start a new social networking, here you go: http://clonephp.com/articles/top-facebook-clone-scripts/

ThisRocks, May 14, 2014 IP
  12. MME,Inc.

MME,Inc. Member

Best Answers:
    It will be really hard to go on a head to head against the 3 giant networks (fb,twitter,G+) but as what others have said, give the people something that they can't find on those sites, a better user experience, and you might have a piece of the pie.

MME,Inc., May 15, 2014 IP
  13. Pastorsinlot

Pastorsinlot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think he said he wants to go head to head. Just work real hard

Pastorsinlot, May 16, 2014 IP
  14. Toufelious

Toufelious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you do not need to go head to head, then you're going to be an underdog, so basically, offer something unique, and keep the environment professional, I have started a social media site before, but then failed because myspace had implemented the same ideas as me, which took away my uniqueness...

I suggest
    1- You should give freedom of customization.
    Facebook and twitter do not, because it requires a lot of resources, but if you can find a way for users to be able to customize the interface of the social media to the way they like, you'll have a leg up already, such as have 3 templates for how your site could be viewed, and/or how each one wants to customize their own page.
    2- Limit the characters on personal feeds, and implement ((note application/blog application)).. so for long stories they can use notes and share those notes/blogs, so users have the freedom to how much they want to limit their feed.
    3- Do not allow random application and games, you will loose a huge fan base, especially that you are NOT trying to go head to head with FB and others.
    4- Allow people to post picture and edit them (like photo bucket does but not to that extent).
    5- Enable Grouping and private messaging (this is a must).
    ======================
    Down the road
    6- Enable webcam communication, a lot of people rather be on video chat.
    7- Have your own hone chat app separate from the actual site app.

You must
    1- Have a legal team of more than 1 person.
    2- Have a very stable server and maintenance crew.
    3- NOT require phone authentication, some people value privacy, and will not ever give their number and would rather not join, instead use the normal email authentication method, and if you had security/privacy issues, then use a phone number verification as a back up.

Toufelious, May 16, 2014 IP
  15. Ananda Chakim

Ananda Chakim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    increasing number of new and emerging social make us confused about which one to use.

Ananda Chakim, May 17, 2014 IP
  16. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    What your buget on this? If you don't have some xxxxx $ i would suggest you to find something else to invest to.
    1) you will need own powerfull servers
    2) you will need a great IT team( otherwise the hackers, spammers ...and ecven small issues can and wil bring you down)
    3) you will need some unique features in order to have peoples willing to sign-up

yanpub, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  17. FPM2K

FPM2K Peon

Best Answers:
    I second not requiring phone verification. That probably annoys more than a few people.

FPM2K, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  18. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on connecting service providers in your country... like with similar interests about a work field. Like find a carpenter fast , something like this.

webcosmo, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  19. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give you a promotional tactic...

When it comes time to promote your social media platform... Promote it via PPV popups.

:)

PPV Popups will allow you to pop up on *any website that you want*...

So you could promote your social media platform ON TOP OF sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus; literally any social media platform.

:)

PPV is the way to go... Just my $.02...

CandleKeep, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  20. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Do a case study on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and other notable social networks. I am hopeful that you will surely find many new features for your new social networking site to incorporate as I did for my new social shopping store http://www.etoot.com.

Etoot, Jun 24, 2014 IP