1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submit a sitemap for my blog

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Anjana Narayanan, Apr 23, 2014.

So I have submitted my blog to the Bing Webmaster Tools a long time ago. Twice a week, I am receiving a message that I should submit a Sitemap, which I have already submitted. I would like to know if we need to update the Sitemap link per week.

Anjana Narayanan, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do. The sitemap often needs to be regularly updated such as weekly. Weekly is the way to go, sometime people even do monthly and that doesn't work very well. The sitemap is there so that bots can get every links/contents we have and add to their search engine. So sitemap is important therefore you would need to keep the sitemap updated regularly otherwise the search engine bots wouldn't find new contents on your website. Even they are able to index your new contents but sitemap just helps them to index them quicker and it's more easy on search engine my opinion.

Joshie, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  3. Anjana Narayanan

Anjana Narayanan Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Joshie. I just simply copy paste the Sitemap link (/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500) and click the submit button. Do you have any other suggestions for me? Thanks.

Anjana Narayanan, Apr 26, 2014 IP
  4. Louis Porter

Louis Porter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It all depends, how many pages are there on your site? how often do you update your website content? and do you include individual blog posts in your site map?

Louis Porter, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  5. Anjana Narayanan

Anjana Narayanan Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a blog with around 100 posts and once in a month I create a new post. I have only this link (/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500) under Sitemaps.

Anjana Narayanan, Apr 30, 2014 IP