1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your opinion about SEO professionals?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cowboy1015, Apr 29, 2014.

I'm a website owner and never really relied on SEO professionals. It takes me a lot of effort to develop useful services on my websites to generate traffic.

So, as a website owner, I have negative sentiment to SEO professionals who offers backlinks and link wheels. These backlinks that they create often ends up on my websites which has totally nothing to do with what their posting. And the problem is, they don't quit! You block their account, they'll just create another and another.

Just search for SEO backlinks on google, you will find lists of websites with PR ranking, which is basically a target for SEO professionals to spam! And right now you see a lot of them spamming .edu websites. It's like a cancer. They are spreading so deep.

These people often wastes a lot if my time maintaining my sites.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    cowboy1015, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's two types of SEO "professionals" and it's important to be able to differentiate between the two.
    There's the first type who will be somewhat cheaper, provide almost immediate results, and you'll be happy. For a while. But then their work goes to waste, because the links they got you were crap, worthless crap. Basically the consequences of these "SEO-masters" could be anything from wasted time/money, to a ban from Google.
    The second type is the good type. It's the long term SEO professionals who spend weeks getting one link, but damn that link will get you what you want. It'll be on a relevant site, with a high PageRank. Yes, you have to wait at least 6 months to really notice the results of their labor. Yes it can happen that after these 6 months you'll see nothing and realise that you've been, basically, scammed. However, if this type of SEO does what you expect them to do, this long-term investment will definitely pay off.

Again, this is for big businesses that need consistent results. People who have long-term plans for their projects. Otherwise, it's just best to do your SEO work on your own.

YJunK, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    I hired some independent SEO packages on other sites and they harmed my entire website network... Hence going to do this on myself for time-being.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have hired a wide variety of SEO professionals, some well-recommended. Have never experienced positive results from any of these efforts and did experience some bad results.

In fairness, the search engines do not want SEO to work so they constantly change the hidden rules that no one can figure out anyway. So, it is really difficult for any consultant to provide consistently positive results.

jrbiz, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  5. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. The difference between the good and bad SEO pros is just that... the one is good, the other is bad... for the clients. But for the site owners, they are both spammers! I see the good ones you talk about a lot of times on my website posting a long content, pretending to be posting something related to the topic when they're obviously building a link wheel or back link for their clients.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    cowboy1015, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  6. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    I received many emails from fellow site owners asking me to remove their links on one of my forum sites which was obviously placed by those so called SEO pros in the past. This is why you should not hire SEO professionals.

cowboy1015, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO should be done naturally, not needing help from anyone. But these so-called "gurus" appeared to squeeze some money, invented this service. Everyone would gain without these SEO services, google would genuinely rank sites upon quality of content.

webcosmo, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  8. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think people are trying to hold onto a system that is no longer as powerful as actually networking with people in networks, blogs and forums. I have a lot more fun chatting to everyone in these forums and blogs as opposed to clicking a button to spam the internet with useless backlinks that can harm your SERP.
    Focus on the people and not the ranking, Give them an experience that they can't get anywhere else and in no time you will begin to build loyal fans. SEO experts using spamming techniques are there just to scam money out of your pockets for their own gain.
    Regards
    Kornad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  9. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. I know a lot of people would sign up for free automated backlinks, and all it was...it was just a bunch of automatically-created fake profile pages -- just blank ones not even filled out.

BoostSoftware, May 2, 2014 IP
  10. Write_House

Write_House Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A good SEO prof will cost you money... because good SEO takes alot of time. Quick fixes tend to go down the path of a google penalty.

Write_House, May 3, 2014 IP
  11. Gary Solomon

Gary Solomon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO Professionals buy links w/o really really understanding the company that is selling the links to them, a major Don't, the quality of the links and the risks associated with the potential outcome of buying those links. Talk to an expert or get a second opinion before committing to such tactics.
    Don’t trust any SEO Professional or Agency that promises a #1 organic ranking. A #1 organic ranking is completely impossible to guarantee because there are so many external variables beyond the control of the SEO Professional. Variables such as Google’s always-changing algorithm and competitors’ websites just to name a couple.
    Don’t be afraid to ask your SEO Professional what their backlinking strategy is for your web presence. Or better yet, tell them you want a backlinking strategy outlined, before it is implemented.

There is a professional way of going about building back links,
    It is really about producing content.

Gary Solomon, May 3, 2014 IP