1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it okay to do link exchange?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by SEOBusiness, Apr 28, 2014.

Hello everybody, is it okay to do link exchange with other website with the same niche?

SEOBusiness, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  2. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I do not see why it would be a problem as long as it is relevant. However, if you want to be safe you could do no follow links. Keep in mind no follow links has no effect on whether readers will click on the link or not. Therefore, no follow links still hold value.

funmom91, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  3. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but no follow link can not improve the ranking, right?

4. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    But you are getting visitors. That matters a lot.

sumdor, Apr 28, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch and SEOBusiness like this.
  5. Dragon Knight

Dragon Knight Peon

Best Answers:
    It's ok but don't be too obvious. Do follow or no dofollow backlinks are important because it make look more natural in the eyes of google. If you only have dofollow links to your site may google slap you. So be careful.

Dragon Knight, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  6. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay.

7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Therefore, visitors can make engagements, conversations, sharing, and as a result it will produce leads and conversions of sales in the product and services of the website.

KylieSweet, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  8. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't place other peoples link on yours if they are going to make your link nofollow, it doesn't pass link juice.

Only benefit would be potential traffic, but that's questionable, depends on the quality and traffic of other sites doing link exchange.

nightwolf909, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Invest in a good link checker, so you can remove dead links on time.

Guide, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  10. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is okay, but make them no-follow and don't be too blunt about it. Try to make the links relevant.

YJunK, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  11. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see the reason not to exchange links however it does depends on how many you want to exchange links because Google don't like a website that has too many backlinks. I'd say 10 tops, maybe then you should be fine as long as they match to your website. For example if your website is about technology then you should exchange link with someone that has website about technology.

If you have a lot of people who want to exchange links with you then you should set a certain duration of exchange links with people, for example exchange links with someone else monthly. Exchange links for a month then erase it and exchange links with someone else as long as they can relate to your website. I think this could work as I don't see any harm however if there is harm then please do correct me, and please don't do this until people with knowledge can tell you if this could work or not as this idea is only my idea/opinion.

Joshie, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  12. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a problem if your is relevant with the other websites

ActionEstore, May 7, 2014 IP
  13. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    With google released a update to fix up link exchanges on websites and this penalty still exists, hence I would suggest that stick to contexual link exchange with others and not the entire site and never link exchange with websites on same IP's Class.

jazzyjmnote, May 7, 2014 IP
  14. diabetics helper

diabetics helper Active Member

Best Answers:
    i personally dont think link exchange is working now - and my suggestion is just concentrate on quality content in the niche - hire AWESOME writers - get some SEMRUSH.com premuin membership - get keywords which are less hard to rank and start with it and TAKE MY WORD - u will win !

i tried 100 niches with 200 sites and this statement is from this experience ! all the best bro !

diabetics helper, Jun 17, 2014 IP
    sizzler_chetan likes this.
  15. stechweb

stechweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    link exchange is a dangerous topic under modern SEO. If you want to develop a do-or-die mission, this option may work.

On July, 2013 Gogole updated their webmaster guidelines. It saying,
    "The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
    2. Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you") or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking."
    So, No chance and road is narroved.

stechweb, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  16. jackkarter

jackkarter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reciprocal linking is no harm in itself. Doing so excessively will breach Google's terms and conditions and will be seen as a "link scheme". Personally, I don't believe in the "resource page" full of reciprocal links, it's far to spammy.

If you really want to exchange links with a website, each site should embed the link in a page or post surrounded by relevant content and only do it once.

Bill Slawski has written a pretty indepth article on the subject on his blog, SEO By The Sea. http://www.seobythesea.com/2009/01/what-are-reciprocal-links-and-what-do-search-engines-think-of-them/

Jack Karter

jackkarter, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  17. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can do it, but its effect has been reduced.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  18. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you doing a link exchange to boost Pagerank? - Bad idea

Are you doing a link exchange because the traffic is likely to convert - Good idea

Are you doing a link exchange to boost your rankings - Bad idea

Are you doing a link exchange because it provides a relevant resource useful to your audience - Good idea

Most people that do link exchanges are using an outdated seo mentality from 10 years ago. They can't accept that things have changed and will continue to change. Links are still valuable (just look at how much referral traffic comes through relevant links) but Google is no longer a simple formula that is easy to trick. You need to be careful and make smarter business decisions. Not every link is a smart link but there still are many good opportunities.

webcosmo, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  19. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's good to do exchanges with websites in the same niche. There visitors are most likely to look for content that is related to the subject and it can increase your SERP a bit (not as much as it used to be but linking with websites in the same niche can still increase your rank).

quiz, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  20. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a fan of link exchange, I would only consider it if it is 3 way links exchange.

maddenitrous, Aug 22, 2014 IP