1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seeking Idea For A New Domain

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xXxpert, Apr 23, 2014.

Hi all,
    I have bought a domain "webpagecoders.com" now i am confused about what should i bring on it. 1st i thought of making a FORUM but worried about management as you know forums are kinda big things. so i am open for ideas that can suit this domain and will be happy if you guide me a direction

xXxpert, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  2. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are you interested in doing?

KonRadicool, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  3. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As i am Developer i can build any kind of PHP application but i cant give much time to manage i wanted to build something like community type where peoples can create/share content

xXxpert, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  4. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you answered your own questions there :)
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  5. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But this covers many more things "community" is a big word :p but as i already said i am open to ideas maybe someone have better idea for this domain :)

xXxpert, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe some sort of freelancing site would suit that name, or some sort of portfolio/community for coders to offer their services.

webcosmo, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  7. Steve Ducan

Steve Ducan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Web Page Coders ! very Interesting ! and the answer is very simple, if you have time, you should put videos to teach peoples how to became programmers, also you should put some codes that you have programmed by yourself.
    Or maybe make it a market place(themeforest for example), where you can bring coders and make them put what they programmed over there and bring client to buy those codes.
    Good luck

Steve Ducan, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  8. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Why not using it as your own webdev site with tutorials, blog, advertising and stuff?
    In "webpagecoders.com" - the "coders" part sounds very professional -- such a name would suit a webdesign or web-programming studio

Karuna17, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  9. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can run a business where you can offer services to people who are in need.. Like converting PSD into HTML, PSD into WordPress site, HTML into WordPress site and many other options are there.. As @Karuna17 said that "coder" is a very professional word, so you can start professional business on this domain...

kulwantnagi2003, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  10. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    I think it will be better to make your own website with coding information. Adding extra options with regular updates like tutorials, videos and blogs will be helpful for visitors will be very helpful and enhance traffic for your website.

varindia, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  11. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I am also thinking about this to make it a business site where I can offer coding services like PSD 2 HTML, WordPress etc..

But I am also suggested by someone to make it a "Coders" community where coders can show off their work, peoples can search for coders and rate different projects posted by others.. something like cssdesignawards with more options like profile pages of coders, friendship and massaging options

xXxpert, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  12. SKMoe

SKMoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like the idea of having video for support to show people how to code. Have you thought of making a blog with guest bloggers? That domain name is strong.

SKMoe, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  13. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I already have blog and Video Tutorials websites i am planing something different for this domain

xXxpert, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  14. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make it as business site and earn some good money with it.

Running a community will not be that hard at the same time not easy as well. getting your community built is the first step. So you may want to spend some time choosing deisgns, forum software, and etc. Once you are done, you should pay some people to make real looking posts on your forum. Slowly and slowly your threads will get indexed and you will start getting visitors. Once you have some number of users signing up, you will have the most common thing on your forum "SPAM" which you may hire moderators to check on it everyday. They can be paid or willing to help you.

From there you can just leave it running and sit back and enjoy.

if you are choosing a forum, then i will request you to choose xenforo, it will ping your site with search engines and your forum gets indexed in no time. It alo has some awesome addond that can lower your burden of having spam on your site.

Hosting will be good with a share dhosting at early stages and then a vps. Once you have a big community, then you can choose dedicated servers.

Sugavanas, Apr 25, 2014 IP
    xXxpert likes this.
  15. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I really do like your idea, but i already have a community forum running http://www.xitclub.com and i have handsom amount of visitors and do have paid posters and moderators and a High specs VPS..
    I ma thinking of making it a community like Stackoverflow or marketplace like FIVER, but as i am from Pakistan i have difficulty in building payment processing as PayPal is not available here and credit card processing also does not supported by banks..

xXxpert, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  16. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you forgetting to make sites alike which are already here. Try to think about a new idea. There are already a great numbers of visitors to stackoverflow and you can't take them as competition as they are free with high number of memebers. users will go there instead of your site.

You may however start a site like fiverr, but you need to pay your sellers more than fiverr does so they will choose you intead of fiverr.
    Fiverr net amount of payment to paypal is around 3.92 USD.

I see, that PayPal is not fully supported in your country. Try to ask any of your friend overseas to sign up for a account for you. And then load it with cash by doing 1-2 web developing services and with that you can start making your site.

Sugavanas, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  17. xXxpert

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great, maybe i should go with idea of making it as a business site and start providing services of Coding like PSD 2 HTML, PSD 2 WordPress etc.. and invest some money on AdWords to get clients

xXxpert, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  18. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmm,

Upload educational on a weekly basis, teaching users on web hosting techniques and specifications.

Host a community blog and promote questions and answers.

Create awareness by linking up social network sites.

Market yourself by offering freebies and tutorials, capturing a community upon signing up email address!

Anymore To Add,
    Commoner

Commoner, Apr 28, 2014 IP