1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upgrading To Win 7? Stay Away From MS 128 Updates

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoshuaAdwordsElite, Apr 24, 2014.

Hello Dpointer's, i would like to quickly share my recent experience with your guys.

I've be in the computer IT stuff for about 6 year's.
    Recenly, i had a terrible experience after upgrading a client's operating operating system from XP to win 7.

win updates.jpg

The upgrade was carried out successfully with the aid of a cracked win 7 image (iso) file.
    The activation of this OS was also successful without any complication.

Shortly after these upgrade i started recieving multiple updates notification from microsoft. I accept some of the updates request for security purpose.Most of these updates are time comsuming (last for about 30-45 mins when each time i want to shut down this computer)

This updates notification continues for about 3-7 days consecutively.This made me suspect that there is something fishy about these consistent system updates notification knowing that the OS was cracked.

To my greatest surprise the laptop fails to boot after one of those 1-128 updates which took about 30 mins complete.

Every effort to boot this computer fail, i try to reinstalled the image iso file but, this time i got an error message which says"invalid image blah...blah...blah"

After much effort, i was able to reboot the laptop with a universal cd.And, i have no choice but, to quickly disactivate the MS automatic updates.

Point Of Note : Stay away from MS automatic update if you are using cracked software/program in your system. These update has been program to detect if the copy of the OS is original.

In my next post i will post how to dis-enable MS auto updates and update your system using a third-party tool without any system failure.

Enjoy
    Joshua

JoshuaAdwordsElite, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    heartnet02 and pitdark16 like this.
  2. pitdark16

pitdark16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is quite obvious that you need to stay away from cracked version of the software/program you are trying to install. it will only give you a headache trust me.

pitdark16, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I use open source software but I'd never use cracked software - the inherent security risks just aren't worth it from my point of view. How did they convince you do be so unethical?

sarahk, May 11, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, let me see if I got this right: you are a 6-year IT professional who is paid by clients to maintain their computers/networks? These folks have the funds to pay you and, ostensibly, buy legal software to keep their businesses running. Your approach is to foist illegal software on your clients and then complain when you have problems caused by a software company trying to protect its IP? And your next post will be about helping others to do the same illegal activities a bit more successfully?

A true IT professional would provide his or her clients with a legal solution to their needs. A true IT professional understands the need to protect vendors' IP because said products are the tools of the trade. If everyone cheated and stole like you do, these companies would go out of business and these tools would disappear or, at a minimum, not be as good as they could be. If a client does not have money for software, a true IT professional would point that client towards legal, open source software. There are some really good options out there for such situations.

You may have been doing this for six years for money, but you are not an IT professional. Your types shame the entire profession which is mostly comprised of good, smart people trying to do the right thing by their clients and business world, in general.

Just as disturbing, the OP has received two Likes for this post!

jrbiz, May 14, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.