1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Keys to Getting More Google Search Traffic To Your Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jukebox9988, Apr 24, 2014.

I know a lot of people are struggling to get traffic in Google ever since all these Panda, Penguin and Hummerbird updates. Even one of my authority sites got hit pretty hard, but recently I've noticed a BIG shift in how much traffic Google sends me. These are screenshots from my Google Webmaster Tools

2014-04-24_0336.png

As you can see, Google search impressions are up 243% and clicks are up 452%. The numbers are pretty small, but this is a website that I recently relaunched after being offline for over 8 months.

Just look at the trend! So how do you get these results....

1. Update Your Website Daily

Studies prove time and time again that daily updated website get more traffic than more static ones. If you can create at least 1 piece of content (article, video, infographic) on your topic niche, it will help you get a lot more free traffic. Google LOVES fresh content :)

The more, the better. In fact, QUANTITY is more important than quality. Here's proof: http://www.quicksprout.com/2013/10/...lessons-learned-from-20-of-the-top-100-blogs/

Every big website (Yahoo, Bloomberg, CNN) is updated CONSTANTLY. Not every update will hit it big but you will get more search traffic over time.

2. Write headlines for people, not Google

People read your website, not Google. Your website won't get search traffic if your page titles are boring. Make them more interesting to attract clicks in the SERPs. Study headlines from Upworthy, ViralNova, CNN, and Huffington Post to get a good idea of what drives traffic. Better headlines means more eyeballs and more clicks in Google to your site. Here's some headlines tips: http://www.quicksprout.com/the-definitive-guide-to-copywriting-chapter-3/

3. Build High PR backlinks to your website

Once you've got some good content, you need to build some high PR backlinks. Look for websites with at least PR1 and ask for a link exchange. You can also get links from directories, social networking sites, blogs, etc. Consider building your own private blog network too. Always build links and spend a little time every day or outsource this. Here's how to get good backlinks: http://source-wave.com/seo-backlink/

Conclusion

Using these 3 strategies, you will definitely get more Google traffic immediately. Start doing the things that successful website dos. They do all 3 and that's why they are big and profitable.

What strategies do you use to increase your search engine traffic?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    jukebox9988, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  2. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree to the 2nd part i.e QUANTITY is more important than quality , quantity is important but quality is very important , you can write a HIGH QUALITY article in a day , so instead of posting low quality 3 articles a day, you can post a nice article and it will benefit you more

danyalsadd, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  3. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, quantity is not more important than quality. Search engine ranking coming because of quality backlinks not of quantity backlinks.

smithrick, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    A good post, thanks.
    However "Look for websites with at least PR1 and ask for a link exchange." sounds a little out-of-date. I know many webmasters consciously neglect PR1 links. Even PR2 don't look really worth these days, if the are not exactly your niche. It makes more sense paying real money for PR5 links

Karuna17, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  5. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My research shows the opposite. Quantity gets more search traffic, period. Check the link I posted in the article. More content = more traffic.

6. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    Check the link in the original post. You may been in a for a surprise.

7. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    Just paying for PR5 links looks unnatural. You need a wide link profile. Isn't this why many sites got hit with penaltities? Forget what SEO says. Go with as many PR links as possible. Build your website like CNN.

8. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I won't agree with your points on quantity either! I will agree if you meant get quality backlinks and increase the quantity of the quality backlinks! I feel that will make more sense!;)

Pillai.G, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  9. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with the 1 (daily and with quality contents) and 2 strategy,
    also on 3 obviously but... really... is not easy build high PR backlink to a little or medium blog...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    carlo75, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  10. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Superb post!!! All the three strategies are working well for my blogs for the past three years.

kittyluver, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  11. IJustLikeWriting

IJustLikeWriting Peon

Best Answers:
    Its easier to start from higher PR in my opinion. Its not about quality or quantity, its about the balance of both.

IJustLikeWriting, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing new, I guess. Same old:

-Publish great posts
    -Build quality links

Also, link exchange? Social Bookmarking? Are you out of your freakin' mind?

And by the way, updating website won't bring you higher rankings. If you notice increase in traffic from Google (and you were posting on a daily basis) that just means you start ranking for more keywords which is logic because you are publishing more.

VukasinI, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    Publish lots of posts, not necessarily great. Plenty of great posts sit on pages 3 and 4 of Google. It's really competitive.

Build LOTS of links like a major website has. Link exchange works great. Just got a nice PR3 link that jumped all my target keywords in the SERPs.

Not true. Google SERPs is weighed towards recent content. You don't have to publish content to rank higher. All you need is backlinks for that. BUT More content means AUTHORITY and you also get more potential keywords out there.

14. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? I think we all abandon that strategy back in 2010 when Google start changing the algorithm more and more.

VukasinI, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    To quote @Agent000, "I hope my competitors listen to your advice."

I feel like I have stepped back in time to 2006 (or even earlier) to read such terrible advice. Your focus is on manipulation, whereas it should be user-experience. Have Panda, Penguin and all the manual penalties taught your nothing?!

Crap content won't gain organic links and building "LOTS" of links will just get trouble.

ryan_uk, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    Agent000 and malky66 like this.
  16. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Three Keys are:
    (1) Quality content, no big matter if you write new content in even 1-2 weeks.
    (2) Quality references. I am not saying links, references means natural references (genuine links)
    (3) Social media reputation. Not necessary to participate in 100 social media websites, just 2-5 top sites will do the job.

Mr_Kumar, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  17. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ---> QUANTITY is more important than quality.

TOTALLY NOT TRUE! Proof -> BLOG COMMENTS! ;)

Also, I would not only add fresh content, but would optimize it better, also will share the article in the Social Media sites... And so many other tactics, but this is a short, good strategy for beginners. :)

patco, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  18. beenashir

beenashir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of great experience I have. I have a own blog and I can prove this.

beenashir, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  19. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your aim. I'm personally for good-content blogs. However most financially successful blogs out there work for quantity, spamming the web with crappy rewritten content:(. It's SEO that rules moneyflows, man, seldom content

Karuna17, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  20. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is just plain wrong... I have a website PR0 and I have people ready to pay over £50 just for a single guest post.
    Don't think about PR or links but think what you'd get from working with a particular website.

praetserge, Apr 25, 2014 IP