1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas for new website/business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jedineka, Apr 16, 2014.

Hy all ,

If you want to help with some good ideas for business, or ideas for sites, good niches ...
    I want to start something new but donno what to start :)
    So, any new idea is welcome.

Jedineka, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  2. dthoai

dthoai Member

Best Answers:
    I have an idea: freelance marketplace for censorship. In some countries like China, Vietnam; website owners must censor contents created by their users to make sure their sites will be allowed to alive. It requires a lot of effort to do censorship so it would be great if censorship can be outsourced. A marketplace for this activities will help much.

dthoai, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  3. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i really don`t know nothing about how that works and i am sure that i don`t want nothing to do with censorship. But, thanks anyway for the idea. I guess it is great for those who understand how those countries work. Thank you again.

Jedineka, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  4. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do something that your passionate about and you can create a good business model around.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  5. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't agree more, because at a certain point, after a huge failure, there are strong possibilities of giving it up, unlike if it was something you are interested and
    passionate about, it would not take long until you get up and get back to the track.

HomeDesigner, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  6. skift

skift Banned

Best Answers:
    You can make online shopping mall site or software sites

skift, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    nich0las likes this.
  7. AaronHarris

AaronHarris Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing more powerful than your own will and passion. Even if you enter to an existing niche, if you are so passionate and focus on it you will reap all your hard works eventually. The key is to know your passion and always go for the extra mile with every products or services that you offer.

AaronHarris, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  8. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are your values. What makes you happy. How about you focus on something that you enjoy doing, as it will give you the motivation to work hard and through the tough times.
    Answer these questions with 3 responses each and you will figure out what really gets you ticking and after that you can focus on building a strategy, goals and the business in the niche that you are most comfortable with. Good Luck
    1. How do you fill your space?

When looking around the your house or space what do you see the most, pictures of family, posters of cars, souvenirs from travelling overseas?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. How do you spend your time?

Do you spend your days reading books, spending time with family, researching?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. How do you spend your energy?

You always have energy for things that inspire you. Could be cooking, exercising, and cleaning your home?

4. How do you spend your money?

You always have money for the things that inspire you. What do you always look forward to buying, what do you save money for?

5. Where you are most organized?

We tend to bring order and organization to things that are important to us and to allow chaos and disorder with things that are low on our values.

6. Where are you most reliable?

Look at the activities, relationships, and goals for which you are disciplined, reliable, and focused – the things that nobody has to get you up to do.

7. What dominates your thoughts?

I’m not talking about the negative self-thought or the things that distract you. I’m not talking about the fantasies, “shoulds,” or “Oughts.” I’m talking about your most common thoughts about how you want your life.

8. What do you visualize most?

Again, I’m not talking about fantasies. I’m asking what you visualize for your life that is slowly but surely coming true.

9. What do you most often talk to yourself about?

Again, I’m not talking about fantasies. I’m asking what you visualize for your life that is slowly but surely coming true

10. What do you most often talk to others about?

What are the topics that you keep wanting to bring into the conversation that nobody has to remind you to talk about? What subjects turn you into an instant extrovert?

11. What inspires you?

What inspires you now? What has inspired you in the past?

12. What are the three long-term goals that you have focused on that you are bringing into reality?

Again, I’m not talking about the fantasies that nothing is happening with. I want the dreams you are bringing into reality slowly but surely, the dreams that have been dominating your mind and your thoughts for a time.

13. What do you love to learn or read about most?

What are the three most common topics you love learning or reading about most?

Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    Jedineka likes this.
  9. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @KonRadicool - Really great and usefull quiz ! Thanks man !

Jedineka, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  10. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @Jedineka I have found that in the past I really struggled with figuring out what a good niche for me was because of the fact that I didn't really know my values and then I came across this and it just completely shifted my view. Might take you a few hours to complete it but if you do then you will save yourself years.
    Good luck
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  11. SKMoe

SKMoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    It takes time and this form will definetly help. I would suggest really thinking about what you would want to spend your time doing. A website takes a lot of work and time, make sure its something you want to do.

SKMoe, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

If you already don't have a special idea or some interest than I advise you to start working on creating something unique!

VukasinI, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  13. shortgigs

shortgigs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Write down what your passion is.
    Think of 5 online jobs you can create from that passion.
    Google your passion + jobs you have thought of.
    Combine 2 or more of them.
    Execute.

shortgigs, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  14. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think anyone will give you their profitable ideas. Like what the other DPs mentioned, you should work what you're good at or passionate about.

May you can list your skills here and the other DPs can help.

Ethan Alvin, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  15. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    @Jedineka Hey was just wandering how you were going with figuring out your next business, website?
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  16. twothirdsreturn

twothirdsreturn Active Member

Best Answers:
    no one really answered the question. (except the censorship guy)

either they dont want to give you an idea or they dont have any.

we need to think of our brains as idea muscles. like [​IMG] James Altucher, author of CHOOSE YOURSELF and awesome blogger says, your brain is your idea muscle, and if you dont use it, it will atrophy within two weeks.

so heres what i am going to do, im going to do exactly what James Altucher says to do every day. come up with ten ideas, then five more, then five more, until 'the brain starts to bleed' and it is exercised. he suggests waiter pads, but i guess this DP forum will be just fine. after this potentially painful experience, i will close my remarks with a mindset concept that i have thought of recently. ok heres here we go.

1. an app for posting what you need to people around you. filtered by 5 miles. 'hey we need sugar'!
    2. a device for keeping my wifes tea at perfect temperature for a few hours.
    3. professional keyboard cleaners? yikes
    4. a photo app that automatically stores photos in the cloud. with a web service.
    5. a network of barometers, like ones you can buy and set it up and we create a network of weather stations (mini) around the world
    6. time capsule app. you store digital goods in a specific physical location that is only unlocked by a certain person at a certain time.
    7. facebook for the dead.
    8. a 3d painter. a painter for your 3d printed stuff.
    9. a way to send gifts to your friends via 3d printer. so your friend has a 3d printer. so u purchase an object and it remotely prints on their side.
    10. send a coke by drone. send any gift by drone.
    ok getting warmed up! (maybe they are getting worse! haha)
    11. a marketplace for drone operators.
    12. an underwater camera drone.
    13. an app for a star registry.
    14. an app for rewards if people keep their cellphone off during the theatre.
    15. a company that plans secret trips for couples. pay the money, but no idea where you are going until you land in a new place!
    ok brain is bleeding!
    16. create niche knowledge markets, use the wplms theme for wordpress, create a udemy for a specific niche.
    17. pets, something about pets. a pet sitting app, for pet lovers! only trust this cat lover with my precious cat!
    18. create an iphone cover that is made out of eink and controlled by bluetooth. (i tried this, its beyond me) but think about it!!! an infinitely customizable iphone case!
    19. create a honey do list that your wife can post to. actually, please dont do that. or at least dont let my wife do it. haha
    20. ok here is my most recent awesome idea: this one i cringed because i love it, but i must follow my own doctrine below. create an alternate currency. this currency can be bought for us dollars. create a digital tipping pot for digital content. videos, photos, articles. when someone likes the content, they can tip with the alt coin. this way, creators of content will get reimbursed for their work, but it will cost fractions of a penny from each liker. creators get what they deserve, no more pay walls, authentication of digital content, its awesome.

ok time really tired now.

haha.

my closing remarks.

you can choose your mindset. either the abundance mindset or the scarcity mindset. they are simple. abundance means there is enough and to spare in this world. if i share we will all eat and survive. scarcity is the opposite and it ruled by fear. the scarcity mindset will say: i cannot share this idea because someone else will take it and i will be left with nothing. this is flawed for one specific reason: YOU ARE NOT A 1 IDEA PERSON.

remember, you are not a 1 idea person. you are a many idea person. one idea will come, one idea will go, many more will come.

now, heres the deal children,

work your idea muscle everyday, preferably not in public like i just did, but do it everyday, and think like abundance, share, be free with your ideas, push everyone forward. our lives are measured by how many we help in this life. there is no line of possessions behind you on your funeral procession, just people. just people.

go. be amazing. come back when u have executed something awesome.

-twothirdsreturn

twothirdsreturn, May 21, 2014 IP
    Samsom and SKMoe like this.
  17. CurrentNews OfIndia

CurrentNews OfIndia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A cash cow for the enterprising, the Internet is littered with opportunities to make a fast buck. While it rarely qualifies as a solitary source of income, the Net can easily help you supplement it. However, the amount you earn depends on the time and effort invested. Go through these 20 options and find out which ones work for you.

Blogging
    If you're a passionate closet writer who wants to be published but can't find a way to do so, make each keystroke your way to wealth by penning your own blog. Starting a blog doesn't require extensive technical skills but it's important that you have expertise in the field you are writing on. This will attract visitors to your site. Building a large following will enable you to earn profit by luring advertisers, writing paid reviews or getting commissions for promoting other people's products.

Paid Writing
    If maintaining a blog is difficult for you but you still want to indulge your passion for writing, you can jot down articles for other blogs or sites such as Weblogs, Helium or PayPerPost. Writing an e-book can also be a good option. E-books are investment free, with no cost for printing and shipping. If you have a strong command over languages, you can become a copy editor, where Webmasters will pay you to read articles and correct grammatical errors, sentence fragments, etc.

e-tuitions/Webinars
    The demand for tutors is high and growing. So, if you like helping others learn, e-teaching could be the earning ticket for you. All you need to become an online tutor is expertise in your subject and a few spare hours per week. TutorVista, e-tutor, SmartThinking and Tutor.com are some of the sites you can enroll with. If you gain a good reputation as a coach, you could even conduct Webinars-lectures or seminars transmitted over the Net. College and university students are willing to pay to gain entry to a well-respected Webinar.

Affilliate/Reseller
    For those who have the knack of selling, one of the best ways to make money online is to become an affiliate/reseller. An affiliate is a person who gets a commission for selling every product that he promotes, whether on his Website or through any other avenue such as eBay. You don't have to own the product. You only need to sign up for an affiliate program with a company and start selling its products under your referral link. Firms such as Commission Junction or Click Bank have a large pool of products.

Buying/Selling domains
    Buying and selling domain names is another way to make money from home and requires very little investment or time. You can buy domains at their registration prices or even cheaper and trade them at a profit. However, always research on sites such as sedo.co.uk, afternic.com, ebay.com or other domain auction sites to get an estimate of the hottest selling names. The best way to find good ones is to use terminated domain lists, which contain several expired names that are back in the pool.

Freelancing for Professionals
    Freelancing is a great option for professionals who are experts in their respective trades and know how to ensure customer satisfaction. Various freelancing and project-oriented sites allow companies that need help to describe their projects. Freelancers and small businesses offer bids, ideas or proposals, from which the buyers can choose what they find most suitable. Websites such as Elance cover everything from programming and writing to data entry and design, while RentACoder focuses on software programming.

Advertising
    You can sell space on your Website or blog for advertisements and you earn when these ads are clicked by visitors to your site. The sorting and placing of ads is free. The profitability of pay-per-click advertising depends on the traffic level of the Website and, most importantly, on the clickthrough rate and cost per click. Google AdSense is the most popular option, while others are BidVertiser, Text Link Ads and Blogads. Direct banner and RSS feed are some other forms of online advertising.

GPT Programme
    GPT or Get-paid-to sites are becoming increasingly popular among teens. You get paid for signing up for free Websites, newsletters, playing games and filling out online surveys. These are suitable for people who don't have a skill set but want to earn extra money. Taking online surveys is simple- register with a few legitimate, paid survey sites and answer questions. The topics range from shopping to politics. This might not help you make a living, but you can earn good pocket money. Contests2win is one of the trusted GPT Websites.

Online Marketing
    Once a Website is created and optimised for search engine (SEO), the SEM or Search Engine Marketing begins. A treasure trove lies hidden here. An SEO/SEM expert, who is responsible for marketing a Website, can promote it in various ways. These include article marketing, writing press releases, forum posting, blog posting, submitting your site to directories and search engines, social bookmarking, etc. Most companies don't do this in-house and pay you to conduct the SEM for them.

Making themes
    As more and more people seek an online presence, the demand for Website templates and WordPress (Blog) themes will keep increasing. If you are good at Web designing and coding, you can earn a lot from designing Web themes. In this segment, there are mainstream Websites, such as TemplateMonster and ThemeForest, which act as a marketplace where you can sell your themes. Templates are sold and priced depending on the rights and features that are bundled with them.

Selling photos
    If you enjoy photography and are good with a camera, you could be sitting on a huge reserve of revenue. There are people who will be interested in your collection of images. Nowadays, it's easy to take your photos to the public, providing a convenient way to build a secondary income stream. Many stock photo agencies, such as Fotolia, Dreamstime and Shutterstock, offer incentives for people to earn from their photos.

Support & service
    Providing coding or fixing other Webmasters' issues is another great way to earn extra bucks. There are simple jobs ranging from adding a script to setting up sites, but knowledge of Web coding is essential. One can offer support for Web CMS (content management systems) like Drupal or Joomla. After you are comfortable with your own installation, you can help other people to set these up and configure them.

Stock/forex trading
    Joining the stock/forex market may seem a bit risky. However, you can start small and continue researching till you gain experience in this area. Once you do, it will be easy to earn from exchanging foreign currencies and/or stocks. Their rates fluctuate depending on supply and demand, and economic and political influences in the world. The aim of any trader is to spot which currency/stock is likely to rise or fall in value against another. The more time you put in, the more you will earn.

Selling your own brand
    If you have a flair for designing cool images, don't bother about creating your own inventory. As long as your design can be printed on a product, you can pocket some money. You can upload designs on various Websites such as CafePress, and if somebody orders these designs, the company will print them and distribute the products. It could be designs for T-shirts, hats, bags, books, posters, calendars, greeting cards, etc. You will receive a commission for each sale. Other such sites include Lulu and Zazzle.

Virtual Assistant
    Small businesses always need help in running their processes, but may not be willing to hire a full-time employee. As a virtual assistant, you are expected to perform practically any administrative task that a traditional secretary or assistant would, such as make travel reservations, handle expense reimbursements or pay bills. You can do it from the comfort of your home, interacting with clients either online or by phone. Your expertise will decide how much moolah you rake in.

Inbound call centre
    Many companies, who are facing space constraints, especially those in metro cities, prefer to hire workers outside their offices or outsource certain processes. You can set up an inbound call centre at home to handle such jobs. Research different companies that are outsourcing their work as they may have opportunities for inbound call centre agents. You can work for more than one company. This can be either a part-time or fulltime engagement, depending on your need.

You Tube
    If there's a dramatic performer hidden inside you who craves applause and adulation, upload yourself on YouTube. You can be a filmmaker, musician or comedian who wants a wider audience. Your earnings will come from ads displayed on your video page. This process is similar to the pay-per-click advertising program common to other Websites and blogs. Sites such as Flixya and Mediaflix can be helpful in this regard.

Researching for others
    Don't be morose if you can't write, design or code. Lack of talent cannot stop you from making money online. If you're willing to work hard for a few hours a week, you can take up simple research jobs for other people who don't have the time to do it themselves. You could search for opportunities in organisations that provide funding for research and offer to assist them through online investigation.

Building Applications
    With smartphones gaining popularity, the demand for their applications, or apps as they are popularly known, has also shot up. There are over 3 million apps for the iPhone and over a million apps in Google's Android market. Most of these are selling like hot cakes. Developing and selling your own smartphone app is becoming a lucrative way to make money on the Internet. Apps cost virtually nothing to develop and entail no storage or shipping costs. So they enjoy the best profit margins.

Transcription
    Medical transcription involves making written copies of oral material dictated by doctors or other medical experts. These may include history and physical reports, clinical notes, consultation notes, reports, letters, psychiatric evaluation and so on. The dictated material needs to be transcribed swiftly and accurately, which is the most challenging aspect of the job. To become a medical transcriptionist, you need to have a good knowledge of medical terminology and a high typing speed along with accuracy.

CurrentNews OfIndia, May 21, 2014 IP
  18. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is better if you search it out in Google, lots of new ideas are there about new Business and website.
    Because nobody will give you ideas which are profitable to themselves.

janinaherz, May 23, 2014 IP
  19. Rocawear

Rocawear Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are best sticking to things you are familiar with and have interests in to begin with, once you get more experience and confidence then you can tackle harder projects that have more potential for making more money

Rocawear, May 23, 2014 IP
  20. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Cool thing is to start with some really narrow and less-known niche (like find lovers of same rare kind of snails and make a blog for them), where there's still few competition. Find some affiliate business that you'll use for advertising, make your resourse perfect, well-known and authoritative in this niche. You'll get to know the basics of IM while practicing, and then could go for something of greater scale having backed yourself up with a project bringing money with almost no supervision

Karuna17, May 23, 2014 IP