1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think is a good content?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AaronHarris, Apr 22, 2014.

Hi,

Someone asked me "what is a good content?"

For me "A good content is something that can engage a reader to move or to have an action. Let us face it, we write and create content to influence, to sell, etc. You will know you have a good content when someone made an action based on your content."

Your thoughts?

AaronHarris, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  2. carlo75

carlo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what your site/blog is focused.
    In my specific case, a good content is providing a simple and affordable solution to my users with problem. When they solve their problem, I've made a good content ;-)

carlo75, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  3. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A content which can solve the problems in actual and help the readers to take quick decision.

kulwantnagi2003, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Content Maestro, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  5. ryanmacca

ryanmacca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good content has nothing to do with driving the reader to action. I read great content all the time that doesn't require my action, it is just entertaining for me (eg. My fav YouTube channels).

Good content SERVES ITS PURPOSE AND GIVES THE USER EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. No more - no less.

Let's take a really indepth article on Topic A.

User 1 may love the article and see it as great content because they were looking for a long entertaining read whilst in bed, and they wanted to know about the topic indepth.
    User 2 hated the article because they just wanted an answer to a question and the answer was hidden somewhere in 3,000 words with no subtitles.

So understanding user intent is vital when trying to craft great content.

ryanmacca, Apr 23, 2014 IP
    TIEro, Rado_ch and Content Maestro like this.
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because there are so many people trying to provide "good" content, genuine good content would require practicality and insights (which cannot be found in other 'Wikipedia' sources like most blogs).

Ethan Alvin, Apr 25, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  7. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Content which is practical, to the point, informative, backed by facts, passes copyscape and interesting to read in addition to other factors makes a SEO content. After-all most people write online for SEO purpose.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  8. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking generically, I will say that good content is typically written by someone writing in their native language. It should have proper grammar, punctuation and sentence structure. It should be unique; not copied or scraped. And above all else, it should inform, educate or entertain the reader.

Foxxy, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  9. seovinod86

seovinod86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    according to google unique content is good.Content is king. Show a little respect for those of us who are providing it to you.

seovinod86, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  10. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, good content is the type of content that holds the attention of the readers and does justice to the title. You can make the content interesting by adding images, infographics and videos wherever possible.

Resource9, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt uniqueness of content is the most important factor. But that does not always imply that the content is good. Is it engaging and informative? Does it have a noticeable impact on the reader and make him/her think earnestly about what's written? IMO, questions like these should go into deciding whether the content is of good quality.
    That's exactly what I have written in my sig here. Can you please explain how it's relevant to the question this thread deals with? ... which is -

Content Maestro, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  12. Justine Circleline

Justine Circleline Peon

Best Answers:
    A great discussion - My thoughts on good content is that it has to be original, straight to the point, suitable for your target audience and it also needs to grab the readers attention such as using catchy headings, images and infographics.

Justine Circleline, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  13. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    This.

Personally, I love clients and sites who define what they consider to be quality content. It's not that difficult, assuming they have a clue themselves.

TIEro, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  14. seovinod86

seovinod86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i mean unique content.

seovinod86, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  15. tulipweb

tulipweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Uniqueness of content is not a grade to engage readers, your content should be beneficial. Most of the time we read unique content on blogs or websites but it has nothing to do with our queries so its not helpful. I rate good content on the basis of its usability as most people visit our websites for solutions, they are not looking for entertainment.

tulipweb, Apr 29, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  16. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If a general use stays for more than 30 seconds on your website, find interesting and read it, then it means you have really great content in your website.

eric_wahlberg, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  17. TheMonkII

TheMonkII Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm of the mind that "good content" will contain a few key elements;

- It will answer a question for the reader, or provide them with valuable information.
    - It will be properly written. Punctuation, spelling, and structure.
    - From an aesthetic point of view, I also think that "good content" will be "done up" properly - Headings, Images, etc.

TheMonkII, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  18. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the content that you present to the audience that you are trying to engage. It's all up to you to present the right time to find the right customers for your product.

Also...

I think that good content is something that your audience can relate to in their real lives, that pertains to their every day being alive and appreciate what they have.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Boost_Software, May 2, 2014 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In your particular case I would suggest that any content that doesn't get you banned, should be considered "good content".;)

Spoiltdiva, May 3, 2014 IP
  20. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does the good content is judged by indexing? If it so, let find out for more one step back deep in the detail related, site index is from organic traffic from internet users.

They, internet users, is searching for what they are interesting in with the potential keyword. Then, the SE will show up whatever the page, which is containing the relate kw and content.

If the site that they have visited can fulfill to their expectation, they will come back to re-visit again and again. The re-visiting is leading organic traffic.

Thus, begin with keyword and content that the people are interesting, will bring the traffic and eventually page rank.

Michael Leng, May 3, 2014 IP