1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Blog Posts Be Done on a Daily Basis? What do you think...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Eddie Phillips, Apr 4, 2014.

I've just finished reading an article titled,

How To Lose Your Readers In 30 Days Or Less By Posting A Blog Post Everyday

What did you think? Should we post daily or only a few times a month?

Just wondering -- thanks for your input!

Eddie Phillips, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  2. hendra saputra

hendra saputra Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's a good post done continuously so that your readers feel at home in your blog every day or once a month is not anything important to continue and themes that are not drab

hendra saputra, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Posting can be done weekly or monthly... just make sure that the content is well-researched and quality content.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 6, 2014 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Agree, quality more important than quality but of course, no point having a quality post every 5 years :) . Try to balance, I think weekly should be nice IMO.

wisdomtool, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  5. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    I agree too with both comments. It would be good if you can post daily. But it's hard to post daily quality content. So instead of publishing daily posts that are not good enough, it's better to make a better research and publish a good content in a weekly basis.

gknugurlu, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the right question you need to ask yourself is if you have anything valuable and relevant to say? If you have such information every day then sure, go ahead and post daily. Still, there will be days when you are too busy or just don't have the muse to write and you can safely skip. Point is that you shouldn't base your work on time limitations. Same is with social networks. I am still a fan of groups who post daily, or even 2-3 times and I don't get tired of reading what they have to say. I've seen many articles on this particular subject but at the end of the day, if you know your readers than you would have no problem serving what they desire ;)

Rado_ch, Apr 6, 2014 IP
    luanatf likes this.
  7. luanatf

luanatf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it boils down to two things:
    1. Your ability to come up with good, researched material every day
    2. The needs of your real readership
    Because not everybody is able to do #1, and not all readerships require daily reading to keep updated on the industry.

If your readership needs frequent material to consume AND #1 applies, by all means that won't result in a loss of readers.

luanatf, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  8. langau

langau Member

Best Answers:
    daily or not doesnt matter too much, the thing which matters is the quality of content which you post.

langau, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not right to post on a daily basis and this is also not required. You can maintain a specific time interval between your posts, say 2-3 days. Posting on a daily basis also does not look natural to Google.

MilesWeb, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  10. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    That again depends on the case and the type of blog/website you are building. What if its a hot news blog? In this case posting daily is something that your readers expect and the search engines are well aware of that. It all comes down to content - if you are not spinning the same information over and over just so you can update your website daily, then Yes, Google is very likely to spot that and take measures. But should you post relevant and interesting content then you can only gain more readers and followers. ;)

Rado_ch, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  11. Afsary Junaid

Afsary Junaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will say it doesn't matter u post regularly or weekly. If your readers are interested in reading your materials then why not regularly.Quality matters in case of continuous posting.

Afsary Junaid, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  12. cbhattarai

cbhattarai Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really doesn't matter how many times you post. The thing that matters is what you post. If you are posting an article that you can see on number of other blogs, then that might not be that attractive to the audience, then it is better that you post something unique and something that is going on trend. even if you post an article 2se a week that will help.

cbhattarai, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  13. Muzikayise

Muzikayise Member

Best Answers:
    you must always Keep your attention focused obsessively on your customers,Take some serious care and time with your posts, to post quality content on a daily basis is a very big part of growing your audience,but in any case the more great stuff you post the better, always remember that people are looking for a way to solve a problem very quick or get some entertainment while they at it,so posting about these will really benefit you alot.

Muzikayise, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  14. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    If there is possible with maintaining high quality of your content, sure - post on daily basis. However, if you will have problems with new topics or time to write quality posts, stop doing it. Post only when you know your post is interesting and informative.

kenzo22, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  15. Abdul Malequr

Abdul Malequr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on your available time and the resources in your hand. Nevertheless, I think it is better to post more frequently as and when you get time and energy. Cheers!

Abdul Malequr, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  16. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do semi-daily, meaning I try to do about 5 posts per week. In my case, I am covering events that are time sensitive and will change quickly. For example, right now we have the NBA playoffs in basketball and the Stanley Cup playoffs in hockey. If I only wrote once I week I would miss the game-by-game stories that make the playoffs interesting. So in my particular case, I think daily is better.

I'd still be interested in reading the article mentioned in the original post. Where can I find it?

Foxxy, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  17. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    http://www.shadeofinfo.com/how-to-lose-your-readers/
    I think this is the one, along with some opinions and in-depth thoughts of the matter ;)

Rado_ch, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  18. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the exact topic you write about. And of course you should provide good quality content.

Sam42, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  19. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have the time, the skills and inspiration to provide GOOD quality articles, then posting daily is a great way to boost traffic and readership. For someone who has less of these 'resources', posting 2-3 times/week does the job. The important thing is to provide a constant flow of content and get your readers used to the schedule. Which reminds me I haven't posted in 2 weeks :D

SuperiorWD, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  20. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I appreciate the fact that my topic was interesting enough to make it onto Digital Point. My main point of the article was really that I just don't think posting everyday is a wise choice if you're not planning to spend enough time to promote the blog posts you're writing. Now if you have a news blog of a sports blog you obviously may need to blog everyday or multiple times a day.

However, most people don't have those types of blogs. They have blogs on various niches and the need to post everyday really makes no sense ... at least to me. That's just information overload for the reader. The focus should be on writing quality content ... always.

Andrew M. Warner, May 29, 2014 IP