1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is hidden pages are good?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 17, 2014.

HI All,
    how hidden pages are profitable in seo??

Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  2. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's Blackhat technique..

scottgerri, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  3. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by hidden? NOFOLLOW/NOINDEX?

DiggitySEO, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what's hidden? :D

If this is your way to increase your post count, then you should change it! ;)

For me, a hidden is something that's not visible. So, I hope you mean something hidden in the background... Something like a pop-up or what (which opens in a new window after people visit your website...) :)

patco, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  5. zunnunahmed

zunnunahmed Member

Best Answers:
    What type of Hidden. Keyword Staffing , Doorway, Link Firm etc are black hate.

zunnunahmed, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  6. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, Its black hat seo techniques So avoid it. can you please explain which type of hidden bridge pages, or Cloaking? @Rajesh Galgalikar

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  7. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    Hidden links means i try to say that, one html page listed on sitemap.xml but that html page don't have any internal linking with website. Still it is black hat tech???

Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  8. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    nope it's not. black hat means you have links or content in your page source code for search engine only, you are hiding those via css and user won't able to see that content. and what you are saying is not a part of black hat. :)

Kartic, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  9. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.jaipurart.com/marble-card-holder-manufacturers.html in this website, this page listed only in sitemap.xml this page does not appeared in sitemap.html .. if i want to do like this way so is it black hat activity or something bad activity??

Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  10. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.jaipurart.com/marble-candle-holders-manufacturers.html
    http://www.jaipurart.com/marble-clocks-manufacturers.html
    http://www.jaipurart.com/marble-card-holder-manufacturers.html

these are the URL's which contains same content mostly and according to me their is nothing to do these pages with user or user interface. but you may ignore this because sitemap.xml is tools to tell search engine that we have these pages and crawl these, we are not hiding anything from search engine but hiding from user, and this could be because of another reason.

so don't be feel you are in action, it's safe. cheers :)

Kartic, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  11. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe this is considered at least Grey Hat by Google.
    If you have content that can be crawled, written as though it's for an audience when the audience cannot see it on the site, Google will likely penalize you for it. I have seen eCommerce sites doing this and I've seen the impact it has on their organic traffic too. I have also seen it stated by Google in information and quality control pages that if it's not visible to the user while containing information that should be you can be impacted by this.

Everything on your site needs to fall into two categories:
    1. Information visible to your audience
    2. Administration pages not visible to your audience

There is no in-between. If it can be crawled and is clearly intended to be information to be read by an audience, it needs to be visible on the site and linked to from appropriate pages.

Conran, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  12. laila jonero

laila jonero Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    don't use blackhat seo its harm your blog:eek:

laila jonero, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  13. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    okay this is not Gray hat even!.
    Is this content crawl by google ? Yes.
    is this content viewable by user ? Yes, by visiting directly to page.

then what hidden links are ?
    hidden links or content are those things which is viewable in page source code via browser and crawl-able by seach engine but can not viewable by user in any way to brose any page. like is you hide something in your page with the help of CSS and still is exists in your source code and transparent or hidden on page. this is called black sometime gray, depends on situation.

Kartic, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    Kamaldeep Singh SEO likes this.
  14. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    have you read that thread actually ?

Kartic, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  15. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    so what u will suggest ?may i create these type of pages or not? is it harmful for my site ???

Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  16. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    yep, you may process with these type of link including in your sitemaps. however is there any special meaning to have these that why ? i mean you can show your links to users, interlink those but don't creates lot of URL's with same content (this is not black hat but it's spam :D ).

Kartic, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  17. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is what Google itself states about such content:

"Don't fill your page with lists of keywords, attempt to "cloak" pages, or put up "crawler only" pages. If your site contains pages, links, or text that you don't intend visitors to see, Google considers those links and pages deceptive and may ignore your site."

If it can be crawled, and it can be viewed by visiting the site, it should also be linked to clearly on the site for visitors to see. If you are not linking to this content on your own site then Google will deem it to be "crawler only" content, which is at least Grey Hat SEO.

You can disagree with me if you like, that's fine, but all I can tell you is that I have seen this for myself on eCommerce sites of clients, and it's a bad idea.

Google looks at these pages and questions why you have no links to this content on your site. Google states over and over again that you need to create content for your site users, not for Google. If you are not linking to this content on your own site then why is it there? Google will believe that you are creating this content just for SEO, not giving more information to your customers.

I can guarantee you that if you start creating content solely to target keywords with Google and don't provide links to it from other pages on your site you will start to see the impact of this in your organic traffic.

Conran, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  18. Kartic

Kartic Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should read some posts. there is no rule that page should be linked. I'm not disagree but not agree too.

http://searchenginewatch.com/articl...t-the-White-Hats-Gray-Hats-Black-Hats-Asshats
    http://www.seo-news.com/what-is-gray-hat-seo/
    http://www.wordstream.com/gray-hat-seo

there are many site which have admin pages and sometimes google crawl it but these are totally hidden in website and user can't open it, and not mentioned in robots for security risk. but google found it because of some little mistakes. i know this is not right way to promote site, but if someone include links in sitemap only and telling search engine to crawl it, there is no bad effect.

admin pages was just example not think much about it, there are more other kind of pages that is not viewable by user but still crawlable. sometime some forums sites require user to register first to view content, but they allow crawler to crawl there pages. if you view via cache pages, content is available there but not for logged-out user. is this a gray hat or black ? one word "Nooooooooooo" and always will be.

Kartic, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  19. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google can easily tell the difference between an admin page and a content page. A content page with a few hundred words will not be even remotely similar to an admin page with little textual content and more considerable code. It uses the same methods to filter out duplicate content. An admin page would be "boilerplate" content at best, something Google already works to filter out of crawling.

Google can also see pages intended to be accessed by logged-in users, in the same way it can view nofollow on links. There are plenty of key words and phrases Google can use to see when content is secured behind a log-in. In addition, your comparison to a forum is irrelevant. If you can view content as a logged out user, so can Google. If you can only view content once logged in, Google will respect that and not display it in search results, primarily because it's crawling is halted at that log-in.

If you create a members only site and only have one external page for logged out users, that is the content that Google will crawl and display, it will not crawl secure pages and provide access to those pages without you having logged in. This is a fundamental aspect of site security.

Despite this, your comparison has no relevance to the discussion. We're not talking about secure pages and member content, we're talking about webmasters creating content solely for Google, while not obviously intending it to be seen by site visitors.

Again, you are wrong if you think this is okay in the eyes of Google. It is stated over and over that Google does not support SEO intended for Search and not for Users. That's the core of this discussion. Creating this content and not making it obviously available for users of your site can and will be deemed to be devious. If you're not willing to show it to your visitors, Google will wonder why.

Conran, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  20. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    yup!! thanxs!

Rajesh Galgalikar, Apr 23, 2014 IP