1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Social Media Automation Tool are you currently using?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nicbos, Apr 16, 2014.

Hello DPers,

after looking here and there for the best way to use Social Networks, I ended to think that automation is necessary: both for personal profiles and client's profiles, the quantity of daily tasks is growing day by day and I feel that - to keep active ALL accounts - I need to embrace an automation tool.

Now the question: which one? I selected those ones:
    • sendible.com
    • syndicationmasters.com
    • onlywire.com
    • hootsuite.com
    Do you have any personal experience with those tools? Would you mind to share your ideas here?

Thanks in advance.
    Nic :)

nicbos, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  2. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen this question pop up a lot today. I normally use Hootsuite. However, if any of the other ones connect with Pinterest without having to have a Viraltag account, that'd be one I would want to try.

BoostSoftware, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  3. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    HootSuite for Twitter. It automatically posts pre scheduled twitter posts.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  4. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what kind of automation you are looking for.

• buffer for filling up the funnel for regular posting to Twitter, Facebook and G+Pages, free version with up to 10 per outpost, pro version unlimited, including automatic bit.ly shortening
    • hootsuite for timed postings as well as keeping track of certain searches (much easier than on twitter)
    • ifttt and zapier for more complex operations
    • if you have to work with others, it depends on your requirements which tool works best for you
    hth.

nixande, Apr 18, 2014 IP
    nicbos likes this.
  5. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need Hootsuite for that. ads.twitter.com schedules them just fine.

Personally, I use no automation except for twitter reposts. I like to reword my main tweets and schedule them to go out during my sleeping hours, just because I've found that it hits an entirely different group of people. But for the most part, I prefer to be hands on with social media.

Foxxy, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    nixande likes this.
  6. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hootsuite for simultaneously managing twitter, facebook, g+ and linkedin accounts.

Sam42, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  7. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For people with only one account that may work fine, I just by myself am juggling about a dozen - login in and out of ads.twitter.com really does not work for that. But thanks for the hint, I had not looked into that.

nixande, Apr 23, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  8. ukgamblingforum

ukgamblingforum Member

Best Answers:
    Hootsuite is okay, but I don't think it's as powerful and dynamic as using the APIs and your own code.
    I've read that power social media automation marketers really need to be using the API (according to digitaldestinymarketing.com/blog/why-strategic-social-automation-should-be-a-part-of-your-online-marketing-strategy ) - rather than a tool to do dynamic social automation (like pulling latest data from a website database and conditionally creating tweets / fb posts on the fly). The obvious downside here is that you need a server to run all your own scripts from I guess.

ukgamblingforum, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  9. seosanjayupadhyay

seosanjayupadhyay Member

Best Answers:
    i am using Hootsuit . Its really very simple and easy to use.

seosanjayupadhyay, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  10. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was using hootsuite until I started working with UBot Studio to create my own softwares for the different platforms. That way I can automate exactly what I need - no more or less.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 28, 2014 IP