1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Qadabra.com popup virus, is there any other ones who got infected?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by metros, Apr 11, 2014.

I came across some post that explain how to remove virus that Qadabra popup sends.
    Link: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-you-supposed-to-remove-ads1-qadabra-com-from-your-computer/

Is there any one else affected?
    How on earth can I use this ad-network if Qadabra advertisers sending viruses?? this is absolutely ridiculous and absurd.

Having that simply means, losing traffic on your site.
    If you give your visitors malicious to harm their computer, they will not visit your website again.

And here is again the debate, why AdSense is always better.

I am very disappointed from Qadabra, even tho I wrote only good stuff on them.
    Another ad-network to go in my blacklist.

There is even a video that explain how to remove the virus:

Be-aware!

metros, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clicksor were well known for such ads and now Qadabra has them too, this is not first time I am heard they have virus ads, no doubt adsense is best

aassociatehit, Apr 11, 2014 IP
    metros likes this.
  3. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Clicksor as well? damn.
    At least Quadabra have good RPM, Clicksor was really shameful in terms of revenue in my opinion.

But good to know, clicksor got into my blacklist as well, thanks @aassociatehit

metros, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  4. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    clicksor had dozen of such ads for always . i am also using qadabra and this is bad news in my view . time to move to other network seems like

rajin, Apr 12, 2014 IP
    metros likes this.
  5. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We should make a list of all the networks that support virus and or malicious files..

metros, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  6. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    few weeks ago i had got malware cookies msg from 2 of my visitors and i ran malwarebyte and kaspersky bu found none and even used few available online tools to catch the culprit. then i came across adversal virus thread[it was mostly about mobile ads] and now this one surely we should make a thread specific for this purpose because it really -vely affect site. loyal visitors get away.

rajin, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  7. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Metros,

Thank you for this post. We want to clarify this issue, since the post you were referring to has many misconceptions.

Qadabra is a monetization platform. We are not a program or something you can download onto your computer. This means that we provide the code which delivers the ads. We have no connection with the program or "malware" itself that takes over the browser, and certainly do not encourage it.

Using Qadabra as a monetization tool cannot cause this to your users.

I want to help clarify the steps users needs to follow in this kind of situation. They need to "remove whitespace" or remove the product that is downloaded on their computer. Qadabra is not a program, they will not find the solution this way. They should following the steps below.

How to remove unwanted programs:

1. click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel menu option.
    If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel” .Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there.

2. When the Control Panel window opens click on the Uninstall a program option under Programs category. If you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the Programs and Features icon instead.

3. When the Programs and Features or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall RightSaver, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YutubeAdBlock 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, QuickShare and any other recently installed unknown program from your computer.

4. Depending on what program has installed adware infection, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Qadabra, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  8. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thank you for the long post, yet it has nothing to do with the original thread.
    Of course that Qadabra are not the ones directly installing those virus/malware/malicious apps, but you have advertisers that do.
    You tell me if it make any sense to use Qadabra that have advertisers who send virus/malware/malicious to our visitors?
    If that make sense to you, to accept this situation and simply to ignore it, that's absurd.

According to your suggestion, we should simply allow Qadabra to display virus/malware/malicious to our visitors? and what then, we should have a "clarification" page to our visitirs? "Click here if you got infected by a virus/malware/malicious supplied through Qadabra.com tunnel" and to give your tutorial of "How to remove a virus?"
    Come on, I thought you're better then that.
    I never came across any thing like that. this is some thing that I have never seen when I used AdSense/TribalFusion and tons of other ad-networks..

And instead of dealing with the problem (Like removing those advertisers to clear your name and reputation) you suggest "Hey, who cares if we provide a platform to advertisers to infect you with malware, you can always remove it .."

Good job Qadabra.

metros, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  9. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Metro,
    We are investigating the advertisers in question, Qadabra does not accept by any case malicious software nor hostile advertisers, it is important for us to support a clean environment for our pbulishers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Qadabra, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  10. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.
    Please keep us all updated, we are worried.

I am the one who recommended my friends Qadabra, so now all goes back on my face. hopefully you can fix that absurd situation.

metros, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  11. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Qadabra made me scan and reinstall my whole website script, my friend told me about it but he said 'I GOT A VIRUS FROM YOUR SITE ' later I got to know that it was actually an ad by Qadabra, I had received payouts as well but after that I removed Qadabra

And I would say to QADABRA that Ads accepted should be carefully reviewed before placement, Once a user gets infected it spreads the world out, I have a downloads site and its hurts alot when this happens, I know its not intentionally but still its a mistake

danyalsadd, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  12. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    So now I know why my visitors dropped :(

Have no choice, I have to removed their ads also or else my site will ruin and lost visitors

charice.preston, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  13. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the same issue my friends facing.

metros, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  14. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey all today 16th isn't their payments delayed?

rajin, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  15. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Rajin
    Please contact the support with your account details:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Qadabra, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  16. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any news with your infected/malicious ads? (via 3rd party advertiser)

metros, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  17. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Our tech team investigated this issue. The Malicious was found and has been removed and blocked from the Qadabra tag.
    Qadabra does not tolerate this kind of malicious activity. We do our utmost to maintain a clean atmosphere and we want to make sure our users are well taken care of.

Qadabra, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  18. lover1

lover1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi. On my domain not see the Qadabra ads. I sent mail support 3 days ago, but no response.

lover1, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  19. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Which domain?

metros, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  20. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Please contact with the details of your account.
    You'll get a respond within 48 hours.

Qadabra, Apr 20, 2014 IP