1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I decrease page load time of my blog?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jobsbywork, Apr 11, 2014.

Hello guys,

I own a blog and its working fine but page load time sucks I wanna reduce it but not much familiar with the w3 total cache or wp super cache.Currently I am using w3 total cache so is any one out there who can help me out with best settings.

Solved! View solution.
    jobsbywork, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. submission_webkul

submission_webkul Member

Best Answers:
    use external css file and if you use function then use external function file and use small size image and batter server is play most important role for a good loading time.

submission_webkul, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please analyse my blog and let me know thr procedures step by step. I am not so familiar with these terminologies.

4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Try Total Cache, and if you don't mind spending a bit more, maxcdn with Total Cache seems quite a good combination. But do a check first and see the analysis results if you really need the CDN.

wisdomtool, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  5. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've installed w3 total cache and its working well I guess, but I think there is lot scope on my blog where some techie guy tweak and decrease more the loaf time.

6. lucabrasi

lucabrasi Member

Best Answers:
    CloudFlare has some free accounts if I am not mistaken. give them a shot.
    If you have images on the site use a plug in called Smush-It. (for Wordpress)
    Take a look at this site:
    http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
    It can show you what areas you are having trouble with when it comes to speed

lucabrasi, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using wordpress fastest cache plugin for my wordpress site and its works like a charm. By the way if you put your blog url here then we will check it and throw you some precise suggestions.

iwebsocial, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  8. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without looking at the blog itself (no URL?), my guess is that all you need to do is switch on the page caching in W3 - all my blogs run with just that and the basic setup, and they're all fine.

Other options to improve speed will depend on what you're running. If you're on shared hosting, nothing you do will improve your site speed beyond that of a three-legged, half-asleep tortoise. But you can still dump all the massive bandwidth-eating crap that so many people put on their blogs: sliders, dumbass widgets, pointless huge graphics, multiple video/music/iframes/flash, "clever" layouts (i.e. artsy nonsense that is very pretty but takes 20 minutes to load) and so on.

TIEro, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  9. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Images and Javascript codes are an important thing to check -> Try to make your images (banners, logo, ESPECIALLY big one's!) load faster. You can do this by using a tool like the one in Photoshop where you can lose some quality of the pic, but make it 2 or 3 times less MB's. Also check your Javascript codes which can load slowly especially if there are many things to check in the script! ;)

patco, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  10. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    My blog URL is commonstupidmandotcom.kindly check send me some good suggestions friends

jobsbywork, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  11. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    First things I noticed: pointless slider, too many categories in the nav bar (should NEVER be more than one line, especially when the dropdowns overlap other options) and you're all over the place for subjects.

Sites that deal with such diverse subjects as travel destinations, technology and a "student corner" rarely do well, because there's no focus. Pick a subject, or a couple of related subjects, and focus on those.

Single post pages are far too busy as well, with all the widgets and addons. The content all but disappears under a flood of tags, ads and other crap.

TIEro, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  12. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Default developer tools for Firefox and Chrome provide information about loadtime of each element on your page. You can check which things are loading for a long time.

kenzo22, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  13. James101

James101 Member

Best Answers:
    Best ways to decrease page load timing
    1 Decrease image pixels
    2 Don't use Java script
    3 Don't Flash files
    4 Don't use Iframe tags

James101, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  14. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    U can use tools.pingdom.com to see what is loading slow. For example u have alot of JS that i loading very slow. The page size is ok, is only 2.1MB but u have 201 requests ! ! ! That`s huge. Kill some js and other files that is loading hard ( maybe u are using plugins that are bad written ) .

Jedineka, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  15. ansaripk

ansaripk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometime page load speed depends on hosting server behavior while we're searching some other methods to improve page load speed. First make sure that the server where your website hosted is responding faster. There are few tips you should follow to improve your blog page load speed.
    1. Use a simple theme, which more dependent on CSS instead of images.
    2. Use optimized and lightweight images for your posts. Dont use large or extra large images.
    3. Avoid to use images in a post as much as you can. It doesnt meant that you shouldnt use images at all.
    4. If you know CSS then estimate the images used in your theme and make a sprite image of all of them so all the images will download in a single http request. Remember more images in theme will require more http request, one request for one image thus you can reduce http requests by using css sprite in your theme.

These are some advises, i hope this will help you. :)

ansaripk, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  16. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot buddy..I am changing my Nav bar now ..

jobsbywork, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  17. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys is there any wordpress plugin which is able to combine external cs and jss script together ??

jobsbywork, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  18. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The page load time is highly dependent on the web hosting server you are utilizing. Check the bandwidth of your website and see if suitable bandwidth and other hosting resources are offered by the web hosting platform. If you have hosted heavy files on the website, then it is important to find alternatives for them so that the web pages load quickly.

MilesWeb, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  19. jobsbywork

jobsbywork Active Member

Best Answers:
    I installed Autoptimize WordPress plugin and guess what it worked like a magic but still there is something called "Combine external JavaScript" which is creating prob for me ...can any one sort it out?

jobsbywork, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  20. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    If you make different-different Style sheet so combine in 1. also decrease Images Sizes..

scottgerri, Apr 16, 2014 IP