1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did You ever try Buying Facebook Fans? Share your experience!

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by avatar33, Sep 17, 2010.

1. hmua012

hmua012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone!

I saw this forum and wanted to respond to it with my experience.

Someone said they used Seototal.net and had a good experience so I went ahead and gave them a try too.

I had such a TERRIBLE experience with them so I wanted to inform others to stay far away!

First of all, ALL of the fans you will receive are from Turkey and their profiles are completely in that language. They advertise them as real people and guarantee quality traffic but they didn't look real to me. They looked very fake... just a notch above being bots.

After about 50 or so fans with this same pattern, I messaged them to please stop the order and asked if I could receive a partial refund. They quickly responded that they don't give refunds. Without arguing I said okay but I'd still like the service to stop and they could just keep the money. No response but the "fans" kept rolling in. I just unpublished my page to get it to stop. I had also requested the same service on my Twitter but it hadn't started yet. I set up protected tweets, just in case.

I followed up with them the next day. No response.

Since I payed via PayPal, I went ahead and submitted a dispute for the Twitter one that hadn't started. Then, magically, they responded to my e-mail stating that their website says all sales are final and that they are not responsible since I didn't read their policies... and that PayPal can decide because they escalated it to a claim from a dispute. I responded and said that all I asked for was a confirmation that the order was cancelled and they can keep the money... but that Twitter never started so it seemed reasonable to request a refund. They just said PayPal can decide.

Wow. Who treats customers like this? Haha... anyway, I figured I'd share my experience with everyone! Best of luck out there!

hmua012, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  2. hmua012

hmua012 Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought I would update my situation to let you all know that SEO Total has now threatened to spam my pages with 10k people a day until I get banned because I filed the PayPal claims. In order for them to not spam me, I have to cancel the claim. Definitely not someone you would want to work with :/

hmua012, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

Please post said correspondence with those folks. There are a few us with enough time on our hands to actually vet this sorta thing and do what is right.

If what you are positing is accurate, the internet will sort those folks out quickly.

That said, you get what you pay for. You paid for a bunch of fake shit so you sorta reap what you sow here.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  4. hmua012

hmua012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your response. I honestly don't know what to do :/ Not to sound stereotypical or anything, but I'm just a girl who has no idea what she's doing. I just started a business and thought I found a cheaper way to advertise instead of using FB/Twitter. Lesson learned. I thought I was paying for them to advertise my FB and Twitter pages to their audience and it'd be real, "quality"/targeted people... which is what it states on their website. It says my satisfaction is guaranteed and that they'd work with me on defining an audience, none of which happened, obviously. Here is the screenshot of SEO Total threatening me and then saying I have 24 hours to comply before they start spamming me. The FB order wasn't filled as he states, since I unpublished my page after about 50 of their fake accounts. Currently, my FB page is still unpublished to prevent more of their spam followers and my Twitter is also locked so I have to approve everyone (they haven't sent any my way, thankfully). I am going to contact FB/Twitter too and let them know of the situation in hopes that they will help protect my accounts. Let me know if I can post anything else.

Attached Files:

hmua012, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "we prefer not to threaten our customers...."

but collectively, we have the social prowess of a sock puppet.

Give me like 10 minutes to sort something real fast unrelated to this and I will propher about 10 things you should NOT DO. I think I got this one though. This is easily dealt with but the web will typically not care if you were clueless when you bought this service.

6. hmua012

hmua012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nigel,

Thank you so much! I would appreciate any advise you could give me. I'm not sure how to respond to SEO Total (or if I should respond).... and if I should request to get my money back for Twitter ($20) and accept the loss on Facebook ($40). I'm also concerned that, no matter what action and/or response I give, they might spam me anyway or something X_X The guy is clearly not respectable. It isn't even that much money we're talking about but yeah. I completely agree that it was a lesson learned on my part and most likely many people will not care :( I have already contacted FB and Twitter explaining I was scammed and threatened and to please understand/help if I am to receive spam but who knows if they will even respond. I assume baby accounts getting 10k+ likes a day will automatically be put in some kind of ban quene that I will have the option (hopefully) of repealing. Anyway, I hope by posting here others won't make the same mistake I did.

I look forward to your response, Nigel.

hmua012, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look. On one hand I sorta get it. I sent a guy a report a day late here and I found myself in their situation. My response to it was equally as stupid as their's was.

With that said, you are entirely right here. I will sort a few things for you.
    Nigel

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  8. hmua012

hmua012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: I didn't respond to them nor did I drop the PayPal claims. They said they would automatically refund me for both and start spamming me after 24 hours. After about 28 hours, they didn't respond, didn't refund me but began spamming my Twitter account. I unpublished my FB account again so they are at least not able to touch that but... yeah. I have contacted Twitter support for a solution and awaiting a response.

hmua012, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  9. MickJagger

MickJagger Member

Best Answers:
    I've purchased Likes several times before. The only downside is when I stopped paying attention to one of my pages and a potential client came to me and said "You've got several hundred likes but only a handful of posts. I'll pass.".

MickJagger, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  10. Jenny Roberts

Jenny Roberts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are REAL people, but i think they are just being paid so they are not real fans.

Jenny Roberts, Jul 9, 2017 IP