1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Sell My Domain Name Fast?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nicolasmd2112, Apr 7, 2014.

Hey guys, i'm looking to sell my domain name. Anyone of any ways to sell it fast? Within the week?

If you have any ideas, please let me know!

nicolasmd2112, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    List it online and slash the price. You aren't "established" here so you'll either need to go premium or sell elsewhere but there are lots of options - it will all come down to how much you are willing to sacrifice to get a quick sale.

sarahk, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  3. nicolasmd2112

nicolasmd2112 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Where can i list it online? I've tried, GoDaddy, Sedo, and Flippa.

nicolasmd2112, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you've tried sedo and flippa and failed then you have your price too high.

Everything has a value. The sale will only happen when the value given to your domain by potential buyers matches the value you have given it too.

Case Study
    The domain I have my blog on isn't great but it's my work email too and I've used the name in twitter and countless other sites and if I didn't own it I would feel odd continuing to use the domain name.

Last year I was contacted by a prospective buyer who offered me $300 for it. In all reality that was probably very generous but my time is worth more than that and it would take me a very long time to disentangle myself from a domain I've been using since 2006.

My value didn't match his value so no deal was made.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    sarahk, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  5. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    What type of domain do you have? Actually, you could sell some here on DigitalPoint as well. I have sold a few of them. ;)

Lavonta, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  6. shabash786

shabash786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, To sell the domains fast, Flippa is the right place. I am doing for 2 years with Flippa. 7 days are enough to sell a quality domain name.

shabash786, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  7. ineedfreedom

ineedfreedom Active Member

Best Answers:

Exactly, Sometimes you have to list your domain at the time a potential client is looking for a good domain name, i have had to list some of my domain's four times to even get a bid on them through Flippa,

Sometimes it is even worth paying for the premium listings, or at least selecting the option for them to tweet about your listing to potential buyers.

Hope this helps.

ineedfreedom, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  8. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you have a generic name or a LL.com, LLL.com, etc.. etc... There is no such thing as selling a name fast and all the advice above is terrible advice, no offense, but selling a name takes time.

winnerdomains, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  9. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Selling something fast means that there is a certain demand and you just change the terms and prepare to lose some $$$ to make a fast sale. If this is not the case, fast is not inside the terms of a domain sale. Flippa is nice but not so good for medium, low value domains.

gigalicious, Apr 19, 2014 IP