1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by dedideals, Apr 3, 2014.

What are the real pluses of backlinks and directory submissions?

Over time what should I expect, we have a lot of backlinks already but are still a PR2 waiting for the next update

dedideals, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  2. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better backlinks = rankings = traffic = sales = money?

I mean that's their only purpose, they are the building block of SEO.

nightwolf909, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  3. malteseo

malteseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you expect to see in rankings when Google's PR is updated in public? Nothing! Your rankings will stay or flux as they are today. Google evaluates (or devaluates) backlinks all the time and your current rankings reflect this already.

Keep publishing unique compelling content, promote it in front of the right audience (thus earning links naturally) and the rest will follow :)

malteseo, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    evelinawilliams007 likes this.
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I think Google has more or less deprecate Pagerank, and I doubt the usefulness of PR, though good backlinks can still help drive traffic.

wisdomtool, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  5. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's true. The source of backlinks matter very much, especially if you are optimizing for Google. I concur with Malteseo, high quality, unique content that is regular works. The content should be more targeted to your particular audience. Otherwise, if your links are legit, that's a very big plus. And something to really keep in mind- how are you monetizing your site?

doktu, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  6. khushboo rani

khushboo rani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are also known as incoming links,inbound links,in links and inward links of a web page.if backlinks are better then is good,more traffic and business will grow.

khushboo rani, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  7. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Expect nothing, or maybe a penalty.

SearchBliss, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  8. CrazyBuddy

CrazyBuddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No backlinks = No SERP = No money
    Backlinks = SERP = Money = Bikes Girls and Beer :)

CrazyBuddy, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  9. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You really think so, huh? Good luck with this theory.

Foxxy likes this.
  10. nightwolf909

Best Answers:
    "Theory"?

You rank in SERPs with some magic? Share with us sir, I'll like to get your secret method.
    Because I see that you think that backlinks are some voodoo black magic and that people shouldn't see anything from them? (here is a shocker: you rank in SERPs with backlinks! Mind blowing!)

I see you offer some SEO services. So you are not using backlinks? If you would make a WSO with your method, you would be a millionaire and Matt Cutts will wear you on a shirt.
    edit: just checked your services, you offer only basic onpage SEO which can be learned in 5 min max on any basic SEO tips blog and few other things like adding authorship which takes like 3 minutes. Also after that:

"I see too many SEO's trying to "get backlinks" to increase Google PageRank (PR) which results in their client's websites getting penalized by Google."
    and in next paragraph:
    "my SEO services include slowly and safely building quality backlinks"

Contradiction much?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    nightwolf909, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't pay attention to your PR. Concentrate on the QUALITY of those backlinks as you should pay more attention to your SERP! You'd better use different methods like Social Bookmarking, Directory submissions, Social Media sites, blog comments, forum marketing, etc. ;)

patco, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  12. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I admire your furry. Slowly and safely building backlinks is merely a small part of effective SEO, and it's getting even smaller now that guest blogging is a bust. As far as the other on-page aspects listed, yes, it's kept "basic" in description for a reason. If I spell out my proven methods or "secrets", then anyone would be doing them. Anyway, I've waisted enough time. Back to work for me (I'm a millionaire, but love the work), and I'll tell Matt you said "hello".

13. Remmywilliams

Remmywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are very essential for a good SE:confused:f a website..Google determines the Ranking of a Particular webisite by submiting it to backlinks with high PR..i offer this service on fiverr..all my clients are very satisfied.

Remmywilliams, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    • Good backlinks from reputable sites in your niche? Valuable!
    • 99% of directory links? Worthless! And if you have too many of them, you can count on Google deciding that you have an "unnatural link profile."

Jim4767, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submissions? Nothing. Backlinks? It depends (kind of answered below).

Why are you waiting? PR is constantly updated internally. The numerical export seen in the toolbar (the same as what is returned by all of those PR-checking websites) is outdated and meaningless. There are more credible metrics such as: traffic; revenue; social following and engagement; ROI; and similar. Yes, there are metrics such as Moz's Domain Authority and Page Authority, Majestic SEO's Citation Flow and Trust Flow, and various others, but they are all (just like Page Rank) open to manipulation (either faked or spammed) and therefore shouldn't be relied upon too much. That is, don't just look at the numbers, but do an investigation of backlinks, social media, etc.

Built links = crap links with the potential to hurt, or at the very least be nullified for ranking purposes. Earnt (Earned), as in organically/editorially gained links are worth far more. Too many people don't take their online businesses seriously, take shortcuts and then cry like babies when their spam stops working (or worse, their site is penalised or algorithmically demoted).

ryan_uk, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  16. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Good backlinks provide good traffic to the website.Due to this the sales of your product is also increases and you get more money to it.

Pooja Gupta, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  17. nightwolf909

Best Answers:
    Good to see that you found a way to rank that no one else knows, not even Google because what you are saying goes against every algorithm they released so far.
    And congrats for your secret methods of utilizing basic onpage SEO and probably some social signals that you can buy on Fiverr to rank for zero competition keywords and making millions from it. Impressive.

Say hello to Matt, by the way if you didn't know Google earns from Adwords, they would be happy if all SEOs stopped working because they couldn't care less about them cuz they are taking the chunk of their Adwords traffic, so listening to Matt Cutts about how to rank in Google is just like asking some girls dad how to get in her pants, it ain't happening.

And people seems to be confusing safely building links with spam; spam for me is taking Scrapebox or Xrumer and blasting 24/7, I never mentioned this anywhere, so read more carefully before replying.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    nightwolf909, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  18. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Page Rank is still important otherwise google would have discontinued it. Nautral backlink is the only way to go higher in search engine ranking.

pradip200, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  19. SearchBliss

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Believe and assume what ever you wish. I still think you're swell.

SearchBliss, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  20. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quality backlinks are important because they are a gauge of "trustworthiness" and relevancy to the search engines. Typically, the more quailty backlinks (I say "quality" because many people use these automated backlinking programs to generate hundreds or thousands of spammy backlinks, which over time actually hurts your website visibility) you have and the higher the PR of the websites linking in, the more relevant your site seems to the search engines and the greater visibility you gain. But as with anything else worthwhile, this takes time. just be patient and keep working and you will reap the benefits.

Jameyson MacDonald, Apr 5, 2014 IP