1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion We need more ways to report user for scamming

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have a recent user I met from here I made a contract with, sent payment, have a chat log, and still work was not done after a few deadlines offered from the user, user said he would refund, but nothing still!

I have posted ads to hire someone for a job and over the last few years I still run into users who take longer then agreed, dont complete work, wont refund, and like. I think a user rating is something we should have so ppl can see before the are hired to avoid the loss of time, money, etc.

I did not see ways to report ppl, did I miss this ? If not this is my suggestion that we add user rating and maybe even you guys can take a small percentage like fiverr to keep the peace or something else because I wish I new what I know now before I sent him the money and paypal does not work with services really its easy for ppl to scam other on here.

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Currently the best thing to do is to use an escrow service.

That being said, there are some plans for some additional stuff in the future here.

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  3. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do u have a suggestion on this ?

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... Always use an escrow service.

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  5. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not a good idea, you can not always use escrow, especially for small deal/simple task - due to high fee and complex procedure. I agree with OP's idea about a rating system/scammer report OR you can made something like a "blacklist/dispute" page, in which, people who got scammed by sellers LISTING service/product at marketplace can come to dispute scammers.
    Just few ideas of mine.

mrgadget, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  6. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earlier DP had Itrader rating , where you can place negative feedback for people who dont provide service that is promised & agreed between the seller & buyer , but that was withdrawn recently .
    So functionality similar to that will help both good & bad service providers to display their reputation here in DP.

phptechie, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can, but only for transactions that genuinely took place (i.e. through instant pay). iTrader was stupid as anyone could make feedback and it could be fiction, there was no way to tell. If you look back at some of the threads that were created in Support & Feedback at the time, there were negative iTraders for transactions that never took place. Which system would you rather have - one easily open to abuse or one validating a transaction actually took place? I know which I prefer.

ryan_uk, Mar 4, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. phptechie

Best Answers:
    I just gave my suggestions based on my experience in the past, as I had genuine feedbacks from DP members for whom I served earlier.
    yes I do understand it has certain level of unauthenticated feedbacks , thats the reason I said something similar to that would be helpful.
    I too prefer the best system to authenticate valid feedback.

phptechie, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Fortunately the authenticated system already exists (since 2010). See: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/marketplace-instant-pay.1913920/

Albeit feedback has only been available through it since the move to Xenforo (but I could be wrong).

ryan_uk, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  10. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just my 2 cents. Keep the amounts you are paying low. When I pay a job to someone under $25 I just consider the money gone. So if it is a scam it's not a big loss. I've used escrow(dot)com before for amounts over $150. I guess if you pay using paypal you could try to file a charge back or complaint. I always pay checking the service button, not gift or whatever it is.

Lex350, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  11. phptechie

Best Answers:
    Yes paypal provides better security or atleast hassle free process in making payments & claiming disputes , anyway this is my personal experience & suggestions.
    I have served a lot of clients in the past 7 - 8 yrs & used Paypal without any problems , only 2 - 3 clients placed disputes , but even that I won after providing all the chat logs / mail logs & agreements details to Paypal Dispute resolution team.

phptechie, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  12. 1234nasir

1234nasir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For services deal, partial payment according to the work done is also a secure way to avoid from big loss.

Dealing with trustable and old dealers you can pay full or more than half as upfront, but to the new dealer its better you should pay in different parts. This is a little bit safe for you.

1234nasir, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  13. hnicolassuero

hnicolassuero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of time dealing in Digital Point and I'm always accesible through several ways. I have made a deal with this DP user:MichaelAaronTaylor who is not interested in negotiate any situation only to make damage. If you continue trying to affect my image and not considering that I did my best in trying to solve your insatisfaction, I'll be obligated to do it in other way.

I had inconveniences to solve a task and I asked more time and MichaelAaronTaylor only have tried to say I'm a scammer.

Have a nice rest of the day!

hnicolassuero, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  14. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    You said you would refund me my money a few weeks ago, why haven't you done this ???

MichaelAaronTaylor, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  15. hnicolassuero

hnicolassuero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately you were very inflexible and I never denied to refund money and even to complete tasks. You started making damage; so you must await until I complete the process to refund the money. Thanks!

hnicolassuero, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you guys want to work it out, start a conversation.

digitalpoint, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.