1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any good way to earn money online for someone who is not particularly good at anything?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Garry Sidhu, Apr 2, 2014.

Hi

This is my first post. I am a student from India who has about an hour or two of free time. I was just thinking if I could put this time to some good use online. Can you suggest any kind of work that a guy who knows well how to operate a computer, has a decent typing speed and good command over English do?

I don't think I have a 'niche', and I don't believe in shortcuts. I want some honest and legal work that would earn me some money.

Time: 2 hours daily
    Target: Anything above 1500Rs per month (30$) will do.

Actually I don't know how much someone like me can earn so the target is more of what I think would be worth spending 2 hours on.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Garry Sidhu, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you could try your hand at copywriting. You could easily earn $30 a month with just 2 hours of work per day. Your English isn't perfect, but it's definitely good enough for you to land some decent gigs. Cruise around freelance job-offering websites and see if you find anything you're interested in.

YJunK, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. Garry Sidhu

Garry Sidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok. Thanks for the reply. English is my third language. So I'm still improving.

What do you mean by gigs brother?

Sure. I'll take a tour around freelance job websites.

4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Gigs" is slang for, like, job offers. It comes from music, where "getting a gig" means "getting asked to play a concert at a club". Something like that. :) Sorry if I was confusing.

YJunK, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. Garry Sidhu

Garry Sidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Got it. Thanks.

6. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as not good at anything. All you have to do is do something often enough and you will be good at it.

You can try what I did. Look around for interesting forums. Join them. Lurk around for a while to get the feel of things. Make some posts. See how people respond. Adjust your posting style. Make some more posts. See how people respond. Repeat the process.

Eventually you will improve your posting. At the same time, if you have been posting useful information, people will begin to notice you.

When that happens you will be on your way to making some money.

ThisOldMan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  7. Garry Sidhu

Garry Sidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean
    Yes. Practice.

You mean there are people roaming here who would hire me if they see something of value?

8. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    Well, this forum is the place where I got my first writing contract many years ago. I wasn't actually looking for a job at that time. I was just doing what I do all the time, which is being a general busybody.

Then I saw a 'Buy' thread asking for writers with excellent English. However, it's obvious from the OP that the buyer is somewhat less than excellent in his English. Actually, a lot, lot less than excellent. So being the general busybody which I was, and still am, I asked something like,

"How are you going to tell if your potential writer has excellent English or otherwise?"

Surprisingly, the buyer contacted me, asked for an evaluation article. I sent him one. He gave me a writing contract which lasted for about a year, followed by another one which lasted for about another year. After that real life issues - mine - took precedence and I couldn't write for him any more.

Seriously, he was a good paymaster. I am not sure if he is still on this forum.

So, @Garry Sidhu , yes, this forum is as good a place as any to showcase your writing skills. Writing is not something which you just talk about. It's not something you make claims about either. As they say, the test of the pudding is in the eating.

To paraphrase, the test of the writer is in his writing.

9. shriya.mishra.144

shriya.mishra.144 Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Fiver ....Create a Gig... sell 4 manual rewritten article in 5 $ .... Buy some review ...and count your $$..

shriya.mishra.144, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  10. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    Why do you make it sound like doing a gig on Fiverr is as easy as falling off a log? I have done gigs on Fiverr before and it wasn't as simple as you made it out to be. I don't think it's fair to mislead someone who is totally new to this kind of thing.

11. Garry Sidhu

Garry Sidhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Thisoldman, I see now. That all makes sense. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll be in busy mode from now on and see what develops.

12. BenBlurr

BenBlurr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would start a blog about something you like. Once you get the visitors you''ll be able to generate the cash you need :)

BenBlurr, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  13. Aff_Fan

Aff_Fan Member

Best Answers:
    1. Make good blog (SEO, PHP, Java, Android, etc) with your banners (Adsense).
    2. Find 100 popular SEO, PHP, Java, Android forums.
    3. Post 100X100=10,000 good (really-really good) posts with your blog links.

Aff_Fan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  14. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    Don't limit yourself to only this forum. Yes, this is a good forum but the internet is a very big ocean. So there's nothing wrong with casting your net far and wide. You never know what you may catch.

15. shriya.mishra.144

shriya.mishra.144 Member

Best Answers:
    You mean anything else would be easier than rewriting articles ......
    @Garry Sidhu You pls create a gig see.. buy some reviews and see magic. Its is tested and proven method for starters..

shriya.mishra.144, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  16. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    @shriya.mishra.144 , one of the very first things I learned about making money online is NOT to have to spend any money upfront. Anything that requires you to spend money upfront is not quite right in my book.

ThisOldMan, Apr 3, 2014 IP
    Aff_Fan likes this.
  17. suraj kumavat

suraj kumavat Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can start ecommerce business online...

suraj kumavat, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  18. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a hobby? Something you know well and love to talk/read about...start a blog and start writing. It isn't an easy task but it's a fun process and you could start monetize your blog. I see you don't have a high target, so $30 is easy achievable!

Good luck!

iodalg, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  19. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone can sell all their crap they don't use on eBay. Try it.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  20. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    This is a workable idea. It costs nothing to start a blog. Just get one at Blogger or Wordpress. Of the two, I prefer Wordpress because there's a lot more room to grow. Then make your blog like your digital diary. Don't worry about whether anyone is going to read it. I am sure out of the hundreds of millions of netizens online everyday, there will be at least one who is interested. Just go ahead and do it.

ThisOldMan, Apr 3, 2014 IP