1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My idea to make some honest money online and actually help people

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ana Pereira, Apr 1, 2014.

I am trying to work with people from my country. Usually I dont, because Portugal seems 20 years late when it comes to internet, SEO and stuff. But I had this idea to make websites for free for small business. I just registered with comission juction and join fatcow, godaddy and hostgator programs, that offer 100 usd for each sell. I offer the website but i recomend this companies for the domain purchase and hosting plans.

Ana Pereira, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  2. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how can your affiliate site 'help people'? is this in term of providing information or money ?

charlesgan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. nicbos

nicbos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Ana, that business model is quite "old" but I think it can still work. The only difficult I see is that your customers won't maybe able to register domain+hosting theirself, asking you to do that phase. So - if you are asked to do that - you must pay care to NOT break merchant rules while self-purchasing their products with your affiliate ID.

nicbos, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. Ana Pereira

Ana Pereira Active Member

Best Answers:
    I design a professional website for free .

Thank you Nicbos for the advice. I try that clients do all by them selfs! Is not easy because is chinese for most of normal people, but I am afraid of breacking the rules.
    Is it old? Had no idea. lol Maybe the older ideas work better since the new ones doesnt seem to work...!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    Ana Pereira, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah the idea is quite old, but still works! Well, business is about to offer something valuable and help people. This business model can't go wrong!

How do you reach the SB ? SEO? Face to face? Social media?

iodalg, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  6. Ana Pereira

Ana Pereira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Iodalg, I use free ads websites, similar to Craiglist, to reach people. It works very well, but people are so diffident...! I think I'm going to try adwords too....

Ana Pereira, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  7. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, local classified ads do work for SB! Be careful with Adwords, you can burn a lot of money without seeing results. Download a course or something to learn your way around it first. I would recommend FB ads, works quit well with SB's! Small business owners often don't hang around forums etc...because most are new to internet(at least in my country), but everyone is on Facebook!

iodalg, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  8. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ana
    I would probably suggest creating a website with tutorials on it, step by step with how to purchase all the individual products using your affiliate links and then offer an additional service of creating their websites for them at a nominal amount. I found that if you give away things for free such as your services then people do not appreciate it. But if you charge them something then they value it better and appreciate your work.
    What you can do is entice them into signing up to your website to get a free video tutorial on how to create their own blog and then charge them for any extra services
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  9. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this can work, stop researching and asking questions now and just start and try doing it. We all talk and think more than we do, hope that helps :)

prozeal, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  10. JoshuaAdwordsElite

JoshuaAdwordsElite Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ana, making money online through this system of affiliate marketing still work up-till-date but, you need to be sincere with your audience most especially when it comes to re-directing them to affilaite landing page.

Like someone suggested earlier that you should creat a tutorial video explaining what you intend to offer to customer's in clear manner.

Just create a tutorial video, explain to them that you have experience when it comes to website development and that you are will to create five page mini site,blog or landing page for any one who is willing to purchase their hosting service through your affiliate link.

Now, the good thing about such offer is that most new home based business owner's will be happy with such offer since, it will take away the hussle of designing website from scratch by themselves.

Thanks
    Joshua

JoshuaAdwordsElite, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  11. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with Hostgator, when I looked at their affiliate rules, quite some time ago, they had restrictions on giving incentives for signups. "I'll build a website if you sign up with this link" might violate their rules. It can still work if you are careful, you might need their approval or something.
    An alternative, might be to get a reseller account and build a website for free if they purchase hosting, say for $100 a year. You break even with the third sale and it's all profit after that.

RobinInTexas, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  12. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    RobinInTexas is right, make sure to check the terms and conditions before you begin working on it. But in all honesty the best option would be to sign people up to your website for tutorials on how to build a website providing them with all your affiliate links that you have and then also allowing for them to purchase your services if they feel lazy or find it difficult to build the website themselves. Providing them with tutorials will give your clients a sense of trust towards your business as you are willing to share information with them :)

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
    RobinInTexas likes this.