1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Problems?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ethan Alvin, Mar 26, 2014.

Thought of starting this thread to help the newbies with some problems they might be facing right now.

1. Information Overload
    2. Lack of Programming Skills
    3. Do Not Know How To Create a Landing/Sales Page
    4. Do Not Have Money to Invest - E.g. Autoresponder + Hosting +....
    5. No Direction

Maybe the experts could share on methods to circumvent.

Cheers!

Ethan Alvin, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. biz939

biz939 Member

Best Answers:
    no, normally

biz939, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What do you mean?

Ethan Alvin, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The usual problem whether you're a n00b or an experience marketer is not having enough traffic.

Ethan, what are your methods for getting traffic?

qwikad.com, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  5. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    But
    I think Ethan summed it up right though with giving reasons why a newbie doesn't get enough traffic. You have to have a plan and you have to stick with it, or be willing to make changes when they're necessary.

BoostSoftware, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  6. Surajit Roy

Surajit Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i am also facing same types of problem. I am not new here. But started posting newly. But i want to learn from all of the old member. Please guide me. Thanks

Surajit Roy, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that this is a great thread and that the experienced posters have hit it right on the head: traffic is the issue. However, that idea needs to be merged with what the OP listed as #4, which is "Direction" or what I would call "targeting."

I cringe when I see a new poster to the forum desperately asking how to get more traffic without any comment as to the "type" of traffic s/he needs. What good is it to develop traffic from teenagers in the U.S. if your product or service only would be of interest to senior citizens in Australia? How can any marketing professional recommend a course of action for that newbie without such knowledge? Yet, time after time, I see a question asking about more traffic and the "expert's" answers coming in like "good content", "SEO", "affiliate marketing", etc. Targeted traffic is what is needed.

Let me take it a step further. In my business, I sell Ethernet cables in the U.S. I do not want to sell outside of the country because shipping wire through Customs with the additional costs and paperwork is not worth it. I also, very specifically, do not want to sell to an individual consumer in the U.S. The hassle of selling a single Ethernet cable for $1.74 to a 14-year-old or 74-year-old idiot who then expects me to troubleshoot his/her network over the phone for half an hour because s/he believes that the cable is the problem (99.9999% of the time it is NOT the cable) is a nightmare for my company. So, my targeting of traffic is not just the specific niche of cable buyers, but an even more targeted niche of "corporate cable buyers in the U.S."

This is the level of targeting and traffic generation that I would like to see more of in these discussions when a noob is looking for help. OP, thanks for starting this important discussion.

jrbiz, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for sharing! It is true that targeting is essential and will bring you to the next level.

For myself, I'm currently using:
    - Forums
    - Solo Ads
    - Social Media

I think it is good to share how we are targeting. I'm currently promoting an all-in-one marketing system that has an autoresponder, tools to build lead capture pages, email capabilities and contact manager. It is easy to just target anyone who wants to do internet marketing.

However, as this is a genuine marketing platform, doing so might dilute its value. I love what jrbiz mentioned about not selling to individual customers due to the hassles. What I'm doing now is to target small business owners to help them save costs. In addition, I'm also targeting list builders who can add this product as a sales funnel. If you don't do targeting, you end up beating the air. I learnt this the hard way.

Ethan Alvin, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  9. kainer

kainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am in no way a professional but I think I can put something in here.

Getting traffic is the main big problem next to aligning all the learned stuff in a useful and useable roadmap. That is why this '10 Steps to...' headlines do work so well. People need step by step explanations. Because they/we are lazy.

1) Accept basic things (You need a list, affiliate programs or other ways to make money from other peoples product or work, things to white-lable... like Amazon or any partner networks e.g.)
    2) Learn how to get/make landing-pages. (learn Wordpress, check Fiverr.com, check Odesk, check Elance...)
    3) Get traffic <-> Get leads (get E-mail-addresses through opt in forms or other ways and sort them in niches)
    4) Sell this people products that solve this groups problems. (Advertise via email, social media, -groups, youtube, blogs, forums...)
    5) Don't be spammy, be helpful. Means: Sort out your niche/lists and advertise only things you are 100% sure it is worth for the targeted people.

kainer, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  10. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No worries. I'm not a professional but just hoping to help some newbies here, as well as pick up some nuggets for myself :)

I think only by truly providing value can you really stand out and succeed.

Ethan Alvin, Mar 30, 2014 IP