1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 4 years old, PR3 CityWallpaper.org

Discussion in 'Sites' started by bigu, Mar 28, 2014.

bigu, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  2. Razvan92

Razvan92 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Can you attach Google Analitycs traffic stats?

Razvan92, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  3. bigu

bigu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please check attachment image.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
    bigu, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  4. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Has it made any Revenue? If yes then show the proofs. Thanks

jazzyjmnote, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  5. bigu

bigu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Less than $5 / month. Do you want to see?

bigu, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  6. freeday

freeday Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What is the CMS used in this site?

freeday, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  7. freeday

freeday Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    and... how much wallpaper / post inside?

freeday, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  8. bigu

bigu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Gallery3.

About 2200 HD wallpapers in total.

Thanks.

bigu, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  9. yener

yener Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you tell me thye price?

yener, May 29, 2014 IP
  10. bigu

bigu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $500

bigu, May 29, 2014 IP
  11. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'd pay $500 for your site if I had it. It's current value is $4k + on every domain value checker tool I have run it through.

Nice looking site btw.

Jameyson MacDonald, May 29, 2014 IP
  12. grafx77

grafx77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Not sure how you came up with the price of $500 when the site only makes $5 per month. I think you need to be a bit more realistic with your pricing here bud. If you'd like to sell it for around $100, let me know.

grafx77, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  13. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Estimated price is not determined by actual sales and never has been. The value comes from visibility and traffic and the potential to make money. This website has a lot of potential and if he were asking for $1,000, it would be worth every penny. It is a popular concept, well put together site, with a lot of traffic, a Google pagerank of 3, and a MozRank (which, in case you don't know, is difficult to obtain) of 4. Anyone with even the slightest business sense could easily turn his site into a money-making machine. Just selling link space on his PR 3 site would net him a pretty decent income...

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  14. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    LOL....this is extremely humorous. People don't purchase websites off potential earnings my friend. If that were the case, I could easily spend a few hours developing a website, with material, and sell it for $1000 off the "potential" that it would make $100 per day. Anyone "with the slightest business sense" realizes that nothing is purchased off "potential", but cold, hard facts and data to back it up. That's probably the most idiotic thing you could say.

PR doesn't mean a thing. Its all coming from 1-2 sites, like most of the sites on DP that have PR with no ranking, backlinks, or any merit to the site. DP is full of sites with PR that has only been online for a few months and have no backlink portfolio. Their called "hollow PR sites". PR will disappear within the next update.

As for its backlinks and SEO.....there really isn't much to go off there either: http://www.majesticseo.com/reports/...er.org&oq=citywallpaper.org&IndexDataSource=F

I have sites that are less than 3 weeks old that have a better rating and have accumulated more backlinks than that.

The rankings? Dismal at best! Take a look" http://www.semrush.com/info/citywallpaper.org
    2 keywords ranked at 20 and one ranked at placement 19.

Again, all the facts of this site warrant a fraction of what your asking. Your potential earnings theory will only work for someone who isn't educated in business or online real estate.

grafx77, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  15. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LMAO this certainly is funny!

First off, sem rush will only provide complete stats to the verified website owner, so referring to your analysis of this site via sem rush is a complete waste of time. And actually, there are over 360 external backlinks to citywallpaper.org. Check this out: http://www.majesticseo.com/reports/...er.org&oq=citywallpaper.org&IndexDataSource=F

Potential earnings is actually the #1 selling point on every single domain auction site out there. Show me one single domain auction site that lists anything but estimated profits and I'll show you a site that is full of shit. The bottom line where domain value is concerned is potential earnings based on traffic flow, authority and page rank. If I bought this domain name, would I be able to make a profit from advertising, sales or whatever?

Now, I have a challenge for you. You stated you have "sites that are less than 3 weeks old that have a better rating and have accumulated more backlinks than that". I'd love to see them. Anyone can say anything, but if you do indeed have a website that is less than 3 weeks old with over 363 backlinks and at least a Google PR 3, I'll give you your props and admit that you are a pro at this. But if you cannot provide this and it turns out you have made bullshit claims that cannot be proven, do yourself a favor and stop posting in this thread. That's the deal.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  16. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    1. SEMRush does provide complete stats to paid subscribers only. I never stated otherwise. However SEMrush will tell you how many keyword phrases the sites ranks for but will only allow paid members to view the keywords past 3. Anyone can evaluate a sites overview standings with rankings on SEMrush, just not details of these rankings. Again, it's a great indicator on what to look for.

2. There is a MASSIVE gap between potential earnings and a continuation of earned revenue. Some may deem them the same, some may deem them to be different, so I will clearly define them for you here.

Potential earnings - an earnings claim on a site with no history and/or proof of revenue that claims it can earn XXX amount for anyone who has a basic understanding of SEO or online marketing.
    Example: abc.com is being sold in an auction with $10 revenue per month, for 3 months. The owner claims the site could make $100 per month in the future with generic methods and is selling for $700.

Now as you can see this is an unrealistic expectation as the site owner is literally requesting to be paid 70 months worth of revenue from a site that is new, which has no revenue proof, and is solely relying on "potential" to back up his claim for requesting $700. As you can see, this makes no sense, as any webmaster can take any site and generate a site producing $100 per month revenue if he/she puts the work, time, and effort into it.

Continuation of earned revenue - A realistic price would be to take the total revenue earned (which would need to be proven) and multiply it by 6-18 mths. This will vary on how long the site is active. 6 months for newer sites (1-2 mths) where as a site that is active for 6+ months could warrant 12+ months of revenue.

In the example above - 10 per mth for 3 months would be $30 X 6 additional months of continuation earnings (fair assessment) = $180. Other factors that would raise this figure would be site design, layout, backlinks, rankings, Alexa rank, PR, traffic access, etc.
    Now if the webmaster was making $10 per month off of Adsense with 1k in visitors per day, high keyword rankings, and a great backlink portfolio, then that would definitely make the site worth more as the webmaster is not properly monetizing the site, but then this will be HIGHLY RELATIVE to the individual and can be scrutinized to death.

Some may think that PR3 is worth $500 extra dollars,while others may think it's only worth $50. PR is NOT a good indicator of value, nor is it a great indicator of rankings. There are sites with PR1 that produce more traffic and revenue than PR 4 sites and vice versa. What truly matters is your backlinks structure, rankings, traffic assessment (bounce rate, time on site, pages viewed, etc). You see these are solid metrics of measurement.

Anyone here can take a look at sites selling on DP that are brand new, have 50 backlinks, and are 2 months old, yet have a PR of 3. This only means that the webmaster has 1-2 sites that has true PR ranking (tons of valid backlinks+SEO+rankings) and is linking to the site sold and passing all this PR through 1 or 2 links. As soon as the site is sold, the links can be taken away (and are taken away) leaving the hollow site with no PR, only 50 backlinks and 2 months domain age to show for it all.

As for your backlinks, again, I never stated you DIDNT have 360 backlinks, I only stated "there really isn't much to go off of", which stands true. 360+ backlinks is not a lot of backlinks at all. You can build that many backlinks in a single day. If you truly think that is a great amount of backlinks, then you truly are a newb.

As for your challenge, I can take YOUR site....yes YOUR site and produce 3X that many links in 1 week without breaking a sweat. I can show you an entire portfolio of sites that I have or sold for X,XXX to XX,XXX within several months. That's not a problem at all, however your diverting from the point with your own personal challenge, which doesn't has nothing to do with the topic at hand. My credibility is not on the line, your sites value is what is on the line.

My tip to you would be, if your going to request that much out of your site, then at the VERY LEAST, post adsense screens, analytic screens, analytic access to for interested buyers to view, and other selling points of your site that may help raise the value a bit more. Simply stating it makes $5 per month with a no data to backup claims as to why you seek 50 months of profit from such, is simply ridiculous.

grafx77, Jun 6, 2014 IP
    Anterr likes this.
  17. Jameyson MacDonald

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So basically, according to you, a website must have AdSense, or some other profit generation system already in place or it has no value? That is laughable. Potential profits have nothing to do with what the owner of a website claims. By "potential profits" (and I thought I was being very clear about what I meant) I am referring to what a domain name could earn at present, based upon traffic, rank and authority. In other words, if I have a five-letter TDL that is about 4 years old, has verifiable natural traffic in the thousands per day, good PR and a decent amount of quality backlinks, the potential earning of this domain name is much greater than a 3 month old 32-letter domain name with 0 PR, little traffic and no backlinks. I don't have to be making any actual money off this domain name for it to be valuable because anyone who buys it will generate a profit.

As for the challenge, your offer is baseless because my site is personal and I am using it as such. It would be easy for anyone to do what you claimed with my site because I really don't put a lot of time or effort into generating traffic and/or rank for my site and I'm certainly not trying to sell it. My challenge had to do with your claim that you had websites with less than three weeks age and better rank and more backlinks than citywallpaper.org.

People have this tendency on here to make bullshit claims to prove a point, but when called on their claims, they cannot or will not generate proof. That was my challenge to you. You said you had websites that were less than 3 weeks old with better rank and more backlinks than citywallpaper.org; I simply said prove it...

P.S. You seem to think that I am the one trying to sell citywallpaper.org. I am not, nor am I the one who posted this thread. But I do have a bachelors degree in web development, 13 + years experience in the industry, have both GAAC and WOAC certifications, and have built up and sold over a dozen domain names in auctions over the past 5 or so years.

Additional note: No SEM Rush will not provide complete stats to paid subscribers for sites they have not verified as their own. The only website you can obtain complete stats for is your own verified website.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 6, 2014 IP