1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Boost up

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nalimakk, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the point John, it does NOT show you the traffic stats of your website, just the one received from users who have the Alexa Toolbar installed. So you can have thousands of people visit without the toolbar and still be falling behind websites that have a hundred visitors but all with the Alexa toolbar. This is why it is so easy to boost the rank for new websites - just have 5-10 people install the toolbar, set your website as a homepage and click around during their normal activities.

The only thing Alexa is useful for is showing the people with outdated knowledge that your website is popular. But even with those people I prefer educating them on how Alexa works, instead of trying to blow dust into their eyes with falsely achieved metrics.

Rado_ch, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, Now i get it this is what others are doing I've been onto some sites that doesn't looks so good !! But their Alexa is quite to the top .... :O and every time I feel like why my Alexa is not upto that mark.

John Dave, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  3. Mainak Halder

Mainak Halder Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh that's the reason I see my Alexa rankings aren't lower even though I have enough traffic to my blog. So, only if one installs the toolbar, the rankings shot up.

If that's the case, then this can be manipulated. Then what's the point of calculating the Alexa rank when measuring the SEO of a site?

Mainak Halder, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excuse me... But this is NOT true! You can get 10,000 visitors per day and still be OUT of even TOP 1,000,000! Those Alexa rank depends on the number of people that have ALEXA toolbar installed! And while most of people even don't know about it, then we could say there is no reason to pay attention to it as it is NOT accurate! ;)

patco, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  5. sinip

sinip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you really want to see the amount of traffic you're receiving, you will look into Google Analytics. Alexa, unless you turn Pro, which costs money, doesn't come nowhere close to the Analytics.

sinip, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly...there is no point :)
    Its just for old-timey visitors that judge a website by the few known metrics of their past.

Rado_ch, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  7. evilwarlord

evilwarlord Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't bother about the Alexa ranking just put quality and unique content in your blog and share it into the social networking sites as much as you can..... and for the traffic records and reports of your blog just go for Google Analytics, it will show you the proper and accurate metrics of your blog :)

evilwarlord, Mar 30, 2014 IP