1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to generate traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scott2342, Mar 3, 2014.

1. AventadorBoy

AventadorBoy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i've just launched my new blog and i've have two article posted already and i'll post more.... my question is, how do i promote a twitter account dedicated to my blog site? Also is it a good idea i've i put ads in my website or should i wait a little longer?

AventadorBoy, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. Destabel22

Destabel22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All you need do is to login to your twitter account and use your blog URL as the site signature, you are going to type that @ where you see about box on your account settings. Something of this nature is what you will type there:
    ""My name is Okku and I am from Edinburgh. I am the owner
    of <a href=”http://www.example.com”>My Blog Title</a>."". If you have an ad from any other link you can place them on the blog but if you want to use adsense, it won't be possible. You can check out how to qualify for adsense here: http://destabiz.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_13.html

Destabel22, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  3. Destabel22

Destabel22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All you need do is to login to your twitter account and use your blog URL as the site signature, you are going to type that @ where you see about box on your account settings. Something of this nature is what you will type there:
    ""My name is Okku and I am from Edinburgh. I am the owner
    of <a href=”http://www.example.com”>My Blog Title</a>."". If you have an ad from any other link you can place them on the blog but if you want to use adsense, it won't be possible. You can check out how to qualify for adsense here: http://destabiz.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_13.html

Destabel22, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  4. Simple Programmer

Simple Programmer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best way to generate long term traffic is to write quality content and to promote that content via thoughtful comments on other blogs and forums.
    The better the quality of the content you write, the more likely people will share that content, which will result in backlinks.
    You can also utilize popular news type of sites like Digg--and in the tech community Hacker News--to try to get something to go viral.

Most traffic will come from Google, so you have to have SEO and the best way I've found is through quality backlinks.

Simple Programmer, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  5. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys have said some interesting things. When you say promote via twitter, are we talking numerous posts with hashtags or following loads of people?

I did just list all the ways that i thought was important but we all know the typical ways to market. But does anyone have any unique ideas? Marketing Stunts??

Also quick question, how hard would it be to rank for a competitive keyword even in the first few pages?

scott2342, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  6. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    About your first question - posts with hashtags AND following people, so they follow you and see your posts.

About the second part - some keywords and combinations are very competitive and backlinks for them cost a ton of money. Others do not, so choosing wisely can boost your traffic without huge expenses.

H0stZealot, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  7. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Scott, you are trying to do way too many things and you are right, this weakly deals business is tough market, what you can do is focus on inbound marketing and avoid spending too much on CPC (you can burn lot of money very fast), start with blogging and hang out at small business forums, leverage social media etc, and yes SEO will also help you a lot too though not sure how well you will rank. For content marketing, you can do blogging, reviews, forums etc (check out http://www.inboundio.com/blog/23-ways-to-do-content-marketing/ to find more such ways to do content marketing too)

Feel free to message me if you need anything specific

neest321, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  8. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @neest321 Thanks for the advice, i'll get in touch if i need something! :)

scott2342, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  9. AventadorBoy

AventadorBoy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well i just created a twitter account just for the site alone @christologic and i have a youtube channel. i had it a long time ago even before i've thought about blogging, but im planning to post more videos that leads to my blog

AventadorBoy, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  10. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried classifieds sites like backpage.com

briguy, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  11. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @briguy yes my uk ones are sites like gumtree etc. i think joining lots of facebook groups in your area will work well

scott2342, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  12. wennykev

wennykev Member

Best Answers:
    If you want traffic then you should optimize your site for search engines with good lengthy and quality content. You should target specific keywords and build a page separately for each keyword rank for them. As you build a webpage for each keyword your traffic increases. Or you can use twitter or facebook to drive traffic to your website by gaining more followers and friends you can tell them about your website and they will visit your site. you can also buy traffic from freelancers from SEOclerks at cheap rates.

wennykev, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  13. Rob Montgomery

Rob Montgomery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need backlinks, some high quality backlinks is essential so start working on your SEO, if your not sure where to start you can always hire someone that does know.

Rob Montgomery, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  14. Az Wan

Az Wan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think the best way to generate traffic is by using fbads. Create also fanpage related to your website and drive traffic from there. Just my 2 cents. :)

Az Wan, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  15. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Az Wan Hey man, I've done that with all my businesses, I never really get anything from it, especially when i get clicks on my ads. People click but they don't convert, adwords is the same but has a little higher increase as its traffic actually searching for what i have. I'm going to try SEO boosting my facebook page for my keyword to see if that does any good next. Has anyone heard of BuyFastWebTraffic.com?? I'm not going to use them but i'd like to know what the deal is.

scott2342, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  16. Kaleemahmad1

Kaleemahmad1 Member

Best Answers:
    I mean to say that if have any website and blog, you have to need creativity and good quality content with images and banner support able for your website earning traffic than you can grow in your website organic traffic through social media website like as twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, linked In, tumbler, Pinterest, apsence.

Kaleemahmad1, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  17. Ana-NETCreator

Ana-NETCreator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create an e-mail group for sending newsletters and promotional messages.

Ana-NETCreator, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  18. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    PPC can be tricky if you don't have much experience with it but if you can tweak it to convert at a profit, then it's only a matter of reinvesting those profits and scaling things up.

SEO on the other hand can be quite time consuming and a search engine algorithm update can pull the financial rug out from underneath you with absolutely no warning.

PPC is can be controlled and can yield super targeted traffic (if you know your audience), especially with FB ads.

SEO is very appealing because it's free. But when you consider all of your time, is it really? Plus, building backlinks is not all that exciting.

safetynetzero, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  19. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is best service for you or you can buy traffic for your site from which you can get more traffic easily.

dipal76, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  20. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is very important, because the amount of traffic you receive from it is really a lot, if done well and it's free targeted traffic. Yes, PPC is great if you are good with advertisements and you can find the way to earn from the invest-costs-earning loop. Actually, these 2 are the top ways to have targeted real traffic. I don't suggest to invest money or time in anything else, initially.