1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use Jekyll?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by KewL, Mar 14, 2014.

Does anyone here use Jekyll to manage their sites? I discovered it recently and am using it for my blog. It's pretty cool, if you just want a simple website. I've always used wordpress in the past, this might be my new thing

KewL, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  2. Anorios

Anorios Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have used it. I have also experimented with some different Python(django) blog scripts(even wrote myself one). The ability just to serve some HTML content instead of making hundreds of database requests is just great if your posts receive thousand of hits at the same time.

Right now I play with a different PHP blog CMS - AnchorCMS, it is pretty lightweight and has some amazing themes for it. It might be the one. The new NodeJS platform Ghost looks interesting too, maybe will try it once I have some free time on my hands :)

Anorios, Mar 17, 2014 IP
    Foxxy likes this.
  3. gphillips_nz

gphillips_nz Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it for our site. Definitely think that static sites is the way a lot of people are heading. Just so much more flexible than the typical CMS site.

gphillips_nz, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  4. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the way it was before we had these CMS options. Maybe we've come full circle, but it seems like a step backwards if that is the direction things are going.

Foxxy, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  5. gphillips_nz

gphillips_nz Peon

Best Answers:
    What if a CMS could be built that gives the power of the typical CMS systems but works with a static site. No databases just static content all the data is the content. The sites data is already in the files making it a lot more light weight.

gphillips_nz, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  6. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Assuming you could still edit the file once the html/php/whatever had been compiled, I think it would be great. I'm on a VPS with "root" access and I still have my limitations when it comes to concurrent MySQL connections. I was surprised at how few visitors it took to burn up my database connections to the point of generating error 500 pages. Something more static would solve that issue.

Foxxy, Apr 22, 2014 IP