1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long before you expect to see income?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian123, Mar 22, 2014.

When creating a new site/product or service, do you set yourself a target of when it starts to generate money?
    How long before you expect to see your efforts generating cash?
    I created a site last week, and it has already started to generate a couple of $'s through advertising.

Brian123, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  2. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good work, it takes a while, I submit to several different types of directories (templates, games, apps) & I see more action on the products & games once Google starts to index them on each site, can take weeks or months, but (I just started to) if I keep submitting stuff frequently, eventually I will have a lot of products & stuff in the public - hopefully more sales & traffic eventuate. I don't concentrate on single products though, ZI normally make a new project every 2 to 3 days.

thsadmin, Mar 22, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  3. Jeremy Physician

Jeremy Physician Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just getting into business and wonder the same thing? would you say you are making money relatively quickly?

Jeremy Physician, Mar 22, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    We can really only speculate and guess. Are you saying your site has started producing income without any advertising. If that's the case, it's really good. Ultimately, it will all depend on how hard you want to promote your site. It's no-brainer: the more you promote it the more income it will make for you.

qwikad.com, Mar 22, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  5. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has started generating an income without paid advertising - it has the usual twitter posts and forum links etc... I guess it depends on the niche of the site/product.
    I have crated sites before now that haven't made a penny in months! lol.

I think you can make money 'relativity quickly' if you find the right/unusual niche. That is the hardest part.
    The second hardest part is putting in the effort to create a site, product or service based around that idea - and not to give up if you don't see instant returns.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  6. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Brian, I was thinking that right and unusual niches are no more. there are millions of websites on any kind of topic and product. So this niche "search" is an utopia. what you can do is finding a workable niche where you can earn some money... anyway, my two cents, just my opinion...

Brian123 likes this.
  7. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of true, I guess... However, you just have to keep your ear to the ground when new trends happen, take the necknomination trend or the sexting trend... get on this sort of thing quickly, and you can build a site around them.

Read papers, watch the news and listen to the kids on the street!

8. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nah... that's not true, whilst the niche subjects are getting more sites that are related, so are the common search terms, in other words everything's growing, but naturally the popular niches will grow faster & the uncommon niches will grow slower... But there's several different aspects, one is like Brian mentioned aboved & that's trends - like neknom & the current trend posting selfiesforacause - these are trends & will only last or benefit you while they trend/the trends life span, and then there's long tail search terms that are popular niches of a subject - these may be popular over a longer time & whilst they may have a growing number of competition - the popular niches will still out grow them & be more competitive. There's even a third niche - that's a popular niche, that's harder to establish & requires a skill set - a skill set that is harder for the normal webmaster to comprehend or execute - one such topic is the mobile web, it's growing ultra fast, includes app's, games & social portions of the web - yet it's not overly saturated when compared to blogs & run of the mill websites.

thsadmin, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  9. zenplus

zenplus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the biggest earners take the longest time to get off the ground. So don't be too concerned with making a quick buck.

zenplus, Mar 25, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The speed with which income will come in depends upon several factors, including product/service, price tag, market, etc. For example, when I first launched my network cable business, I ran tons of auctions on eBay selling a single cable for as little as a dollar. We started getting revenues within the first 24 hours or so. We grew quite big, quite quickly (20,000+ customers on eBay and Amazon) but got tired of the consumer market so we stopped that and focused on corporate sales to data centers, systems integrators, etc. Now, the average revenues per corporate client are quite high, but the sales cycle is equally long. It can take months to close the first deal.

jrbiz, Mar 25, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the type of site you`re launching, it`s a different scenario and can`t be generalized.

webcosmo, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  12. ferenod

ferenod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to share my experience with you.

I've created 2 big websites (8k visits a day) in 6 months: 40 articles and a lot of SEO and I've also created small websites in 24 hours: 3 articles and almost no SEO.

The results?
    The small websites earn $100 a month and the big websites about $50 a month! It's crazy.

Here is my opinion:
    Find the right market, deliver what people want, create a mini-test and only then you can do SEO and various tweaks. Today, we need speed of implementation to be competitive and earn money online.

That's just my 2 cents.

ferenod, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    Brian123 likes this.