1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upgrading CTR and CPC for Better Earnings with Google Adsense.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Ahmed Zain, Mar 14, 2014.

How may ways to increase Click Through Rate(CTR) and Cost Per Click(CPC) for search keywords of our websites. So that our Google Adsense earning will terrifically increase...

Ahmed Zain, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  2. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best way to increase CTR is to better place your ads. For CPC it depends a lot on the keywords you target.

ash1ey82, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  3. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Place AdSense text ads within your articles, next to the top, and blend the colours/fonts with your content.

e.g. Pat Flynn's site securityguardtraininghq.com he makes $2-3k/month with AdSense on it if you read his income reports.

baldonius, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  4. convert

convert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your allowed 3 ads per page with adsense.

convert, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  5. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of think how to increase your CTR and how do I get a money, I suggested you to think and focus how to make your site valuable for your visitor and when it done, you will get your hard work paid.

SoniCute, Mar 20, 2014 IP
    mahnazkut likes this.
  6. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    To improve the CTR and CPC, you can do AB TESTING with the location of banners in the website, change the banner size, colors, text, etc. Also, you can try other systems besides Google Adsense.

WMADV-Webmedia

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  7. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Incorrect... it has very little to do with your content, ad's are not chosen based on your content or text within your content... ad's are shown/displayed to the user based on the internet patterns, ie. shopping patterns, sites they visit, ad's they may have clicked previously - ad's are specific to each user now. This stops key word stuffing & mfa sites. Ad's are displayed to the users/visitors interests.

thsadmin, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  8. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ad placement will do some help but Most important thing is your content. If your content is about a commercial thing then you can have higher clicks. You have to give visitor what he searching for and also advertiser to sell its product. You are a middle man.
    I only get Organic Search traffic by SEO and my CTR is %20 -%30 with average $1 per click.

For this you have to take courage and compete with companies that selling real product and outrank them , let them sell it on your page. Not very easy but rewarding.

mahnazkut, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  9. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well said.

mahnazkut, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  10. 9bilry.com

9bilry.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can block low paying cpc ads from your blog to increase your Adsense CPC rate

9bilry.com, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  11. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to give a detailed reply in this discussion

Many Adsense Publishers believe that increasing CTR will increase your revenue and others believe having a good CPC will increase their revenue.

Lets move with increasing CTR ,

Adsense is very smart when you do AB testing as someone already pointed out, Adsense will deliver lower CPC ads when your CTR goes up, so when ads are at good places CPC will go down.

A good parameter to look at is RPM , and if you have Google Analytics connected , Revenue per 1000 visitors is also a good stat when seen in larger context of increasing revenue of whole website.

My advice would be stay Balanced when you place your ads, I prefer to have ads like one unit having high CTR and two High CPC and at different positions of Page so if a user skip one ad unit and follow your content they should go on lower ad units and as a rule adsense gives High CPC ads on lower ad units as they get lower CTR at the end you get a very decent RPM.

As CPC depends on your Topic and RPM depends on CPC and CTR therefore it a good RPM might be different for different websites.

but there are some ways to Optimize CPC, one of them is to have Enough no of Targetable Custom Channels.

Now I hope you understand how to increase your revenue , Goal is to have higher RPM with Best Positions, Layouts and custom channels.

Waqar Akram, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    vola likes this.
  12. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Waqar Akram, Apr 6, 2014 IP