1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone created 50 websites?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rgblogs, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Mijendra k.c.

Mijendra k.c. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i don't think i could do so..

Mijendra k.c., Mar 10, 2014 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I make websites when I have extra time, just to test out seo theories and test out the waters in certain niches. I only keep 10 at a time, just keeping up on updates, keep content current, adding a few backlinks every few months, etc is a decent amount of work. If you just let stuff sit ignored it turns worthless.

I good site is better then 50 neglected worthless sites, 50 neglcted sites will probably make 50 x .00 = .00 - hosting - domain registration = negative

averyz, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  3. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    would never be worth.
    As many have said before me, try to build 4-5 sites in some popular niche and try to manage them everyday.

If you look to create 50 websites and get 1$/day on each.
    You need to work hard on all 50. including seo work.

Let seo work cost 50 usd [cheapest on dp]
    let each domain cost 10$.

10x50 = 500 usd
    50x50 = 2500 usd
    then maybe for articles on all the site aroun 100-300$.

You will have to invest more than 3500 usd [after including hosting].
    and of-course, you won't get 50$ a day once you start with it. it would take time, maybe some months. Till that you have to waste time on all 50 websites, doing the same thing you had done.
    To invest this big cash, you can easily buy a earning website on flippa and generate revenue from it.

Sugavanas, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  4. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Let's see,

Don't need to test the system by creating MNS anymore, it does work but certainly gets penalized over a period.
    It is fine to have some 50 websites but it does take time and extra care to handle the projects.

All The Best,
    Commoner

Commoner, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  5. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Focus all your energy on one site, and keep it updated with content on a daily basis if you want to see good earnings. Better pick a topic you enjoy and run with it, otherwise you will kill yourself trying to maintain 50 sites.

Create social media profiles for the site and just go all out with promotion until you get the earnings you want to see, then you can expand and hire help for other sites.

cronik, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Lots of people have, they've created farms, you'd need to set them up in different accounts, different I.P addresses, different hosts, etc. etc. many people used to do this back in the day of MFA (made for adsense), where they'd slap together a few articles, a shit template & link them (the 50 sites) together - with a link farm. Google cracked down on this years ago & slapped the shit out of MFA's, Unless you can avoid Google's detection & they can't pin 50 sites down to you/1 account for example - then you wont achieve nothing... Google know's that 1 person can not maintain 50 sites & accordingly they'll penalize them all (& you).

thsadmin, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  7. Nipun Tyagi

Nipun Tyagi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's not good idea if you realy want to earn at small efforts than visit it Money making Tricks : http://nipun-frendshipspot.blogspot.com. Must visit it u will be get more than you think.

Nipun Tyagi, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to have some type of IP misconception going on....
    You will not be penalized for having xx number of sites on a single IP...
    It does not matter if you have 50, 500 or even 1000 on the same IP...
    What does matter is what you do with those sites on the same IP...

Can you imagine how many sites there are in the US on shared hosting
    in the US that are on the same IP? It is not how many sites on 1 IP that will
    get you in trouble, it is what those sites do on one IP that can get you in trouble.

If I were to have multiple IPs, then it would not be fear of google, because there is
    no reason to fear if you are doing nothing wrong; I would simply have multiple IPs
    in case one IP block goes down for whatever reason, then you do not loose
    your entire site network, so you split them up to minimize your down-time.

Some say it is not easy to have 50 sites; well hate to tell you guys this; business
    is never meant to be easy, and it can be a what seems like a long term venture
    just to get one site to even produce, and I see no evidence of setting up a site today,
    and that site hitting it big tomorrow, next week or even next year, and having 50
    sites would require nothing less then a VPS which can be $35-$50/mo, then year
    50 domain renewals, content updates, site updates, etc..etc...Can you say
    long term investment? Do you have the time, energy and funds for long term?

I ran across a site forsale the other day...The op said the site was 4 years old, and from
    time to time he would put content on the site, get a few backlinks, and nothing more...
    He said the site was making $200/mo from organic traffic, but it took him 4 long years
    to get to that point. Is one site making $200/mo going to do anything for you? probably
    not, but if you had 50 sites making even $50/mo 4 years from now; But when payday hits
    then payday hits big...Do you have what it takes to wait 3-5 years for potential payday?

dscurlock, Mar 12, 2014 IP
    Sugavanas likes this.
  9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    really? I guess that can depend on the site...I have a site which shows in google tools of having 4 backlinks...
    but yet the site continues to grow in traffic, my last check was sitting at 500/v per day, and I pretty much do
    nothing to the site other then let it do whatever. I have another site which you mean deem "worthless" and
    it made a sale the other day, more then enough to renew itself yet again for another year, of course it is not
    a site high on my list to work on yet, in fact, it has below avg design, etc...then I have another site that is not
    more then two weeks old that made $100 in a single day, of course, it maybe going through what you may call
    honeymoon period, but that alone just paid for my VPS for the next 3 months, not including other sales...
    So i may keep that domain a little while longer :) So yes, the long term potential can pay off...

10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Multiple I.P's was just so you don't get busted as easy... Matt Cutts had a write up some time ago about it's unrealistic that one person can maintain a shit load of sites, a shit load of sites that would live up to the quality & expectations to remain in Googles good books, it's obvious really... no one can maintain 50 sites & keep them regularly updated to a quality that Google perceives as worthy.

I wouldn't tackle 50 sites, I might set one up & move on to the next, but I make games & managing 50 sites with 50 games, that's a tough task - for one person anyway.

thsadmin, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  11. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I really do not care to much if google thinks I can manage 50, 500 or even 1000 sites...
    It is not really their concern if I can manage them or not, even if they are on the same IP
    does not really matter; It would only matter if I decide to use those sites for spam purposes
    on the same IP, then google may step in and say that IP of sites are being used to
    manipulate search engine results by linking them, linking schemes, but if your sites have nothing
    to do with one another, and they are not linked, then you are safe being on just one IP....
    If that was not the case, then you would have many 1000's if not more sites that would
    be penalized just being on one shared hosting IP account. Would it be uncommon for one
    person to handle a fairly good sized network of sites, yes, would it be uncommon for the
    owner to have hired help to maintain his sizable network of sites, no, and how the hell
    would google know who manages what? I am pretty sure that are network of sites out
    there that are ran by merely one person, or even hired help in order to run their business.

For the most part, people want to see instant returns, or instant profits...they do not want
    to update anything, they do not want to put anymore money into their business, then they
    start having a lack of interest when it does not produce as fast as they would like...
    you can guess what happens next, their domains end back up in the recycle pool again....

BTW, would like to see that article. How many sites "he" feel is too many...
    then again he has opinions just like everyone else. If he cant not run xx
    amount of sites, then I guess he just cant do it; I wonder if he has even tried other
    then spewing his google fear all over the internet on what can and cant be done....

12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, but if you have 1000's of sites on a server, the thing will get pretty damn slow, one good site can crash a server - especially if it's not optimized... there's one simple factor that can have a baring on SEO. I like how you say they want a simple site with no effort & expect results... you see such blogs on here all the time, asking why they are not getting traffic or not accepted into Adsense (& they haven't blogged for a month). Instead of 50 sites though, it may be just as beneficial to have several sub domains with inner pages... that way interlinking can be legal, and successful.

thsadmin, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  13. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I never said it would be easy, in fact if you cant run your blog in an effective manner, then I think it would
    be safe to say that one would not be able to effectively carry out a business plan for 50 sites, and those sites
    that can not get into adsense for one reason, they "borrow" content from other sites, then try to game
    the system on content that has already been introduced into the system, and no matter how I view running
    50 sites, it is not going to be cheap to say the least, however if you are a good content writer, then
    that surely will help you at the very least to reduce your content costs, and I have no doubt at all that
    if anyone should try, they will be in the red, and most likely in the red for sometime in the future....

14. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Woah!

This is a tremendous debate. Yes, a single website with quality traffic and high influx of visitors may cause the server to load slower than usual hence inevitably affected other websites (49 or more) entry speed. The permission being requested by far exceeded the maximum allocated bandwidth which will have a negative impacts on every other websites.

What I humbly recommend is that the maximum websites to be inserted per server is 25 for MFA types and 5 for Authority types. The current sever host provider I utilized is Hostgator as it has both reputation and proven its worthiness.

Thank-you,
    Commoner

Commoner, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  15. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Well, that is a different debate :)
    Was honestly talking abut running 50 (new) sites...
    Really did not factor in if each site has lots of traffic...
    however, if the 50 sites are new, then VPS will serve
    fine until more resources would be required...no different
    then shared hosting really, why get a vps for 1 new site? Of course
    you cant run 50 new sites on even shared hosting...I got to
    around 20 sites when resources started to max out......

dscurlock, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  16. Rakesh doddera

Rakesh doddera Member

Best Answers:
    Google actually wants quality not quantity.If you can handle 1-2 site with good quality that is more than enough rather than maintaining 50 niche sites.This is the reason why google carefully examines the quality of your site.

Rakesh doddera, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  17. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    It is up to the site owner to provide quality vs quantity...
    If the owner wants to be cheap, and sacrifice quality so
    he can put up 50 sites, then shame on him.

If your business can only do one thing at a time, then
    your business is probably going to fail, so no doubt if you
    have many sites, then you probably have outsource employees too...

dscurlock, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  18. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But that's the thing, the whole debate, those of us that are saying that it's not going to be a viable exercise are saying just that, the majority are going to be junk & eventually outdated, Google doesn't rate stagnant pages/sites any more. I very rarely see single page sites or sites that are based on a few pages in search results. Google wants widgets, gadgets, activity on your site & pages - be it comments & social activity or/& new content. Imagine trying to cope with 50 sites with social activity... what happens when you decide to connect the said 50 sites with app's or even FB? SSL cert's cost a shit load these days... there's another $20-$50 per site that you need to add security to. It's just stupid.

thsadmin, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  19. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see both sides of this argument. Setting up and managing 50 different sites is a lot of work -- very time-consuming. Some people hire entire teams for this sort of thing. However, you're right about it providing you more income, which of course is most possible if you keep your costs to a minimum. You do have to keep them up or they won't make you much money, too. If you don't have that high of a budget, I would stay start with one or two and see how that goes.

BoostSoftware, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  20. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is very fruitful debate....but I'm more confused than before :(

rgblogs, Mar 21, 2014 IP