1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to generate traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scott2342, Mar 3, 2014.

Hi Guys,

My site is nearly done. It focuses on my weekly deals that i sell in the UK, retailer deals and a few other things. I have put adsense in place for two of my pages and have businesses ready to advertise with me so i can earn commission off sales. Also on a few things a advertise i will get a affiliate commission. I'm hoping to earn around £5-10/ per day in a few months down the line.

However, what do you believe to be the best way to generate traffic in the UK or a single country that you are targeting. A few things i've looked into is:

- Adwords, It's looks like i can get around 100 visits for £3.40 for keywords such as deals, offers and sales etc
    - I started a competition which i have received around 2000 emails for a email list. They were taken from a experience day venue so they are the target market. So hopefully i should get a good response
    - Organic SEO, Being that my keywords of VERY competitive i'm not sure i would be able to rank very well at all. I've looked into SEO companies and they tell me they would be able to rank my site and work on a 4 month then work for free guarantee.
    - Leaflets, I am considering leaflets for my local areas that i'm starting off in, such as experiences near by or local deals etc. What do you think? It would work out at a cost of around £280 for 5000 delivered.
    - Another is just general banners, car advertisements etc which i doubt would generate much traffic.
    - Gumtree & eBay, I looked into marketing the site on these kind of sites to try and generate some traffic which might work but i think will be very low.

I wanted to try and think of some sort of marketing stunt i could do to get noticed either in a local area or national. That way getting instant exposure of the site, but it's much easier saying it then doing it.

So my question is, how would you go about getting a good amount of traffic to a site that needs UK visitors? What techniques would you use? Also if you think organic seo is the best do you have any advice or any material that could help me get started. I currently pay a company for another local website service that i do but really would like to do it myself, it's been a month with them and the results have been fluctuating a lot for my keywords so i don't know how it will do.

I do believe SEO is clearly the winner here but how do you rank in such a competitive market?

Thanks,
    Scott

scott2342, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  2. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regularly promoting your site in forums in your niche and on blogs in your niche.

Dionne Taylor, Mar 3, 2014 IP
    scott2342 likes this.
  3. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great, that's something i missed. I'll note that down, i can already think of some great sites/forums to boost it with.

scott2342, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  4. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how far into SEO are you. SEO is an art as others here will tell you. I changed course, SEO is not my primary concern now. It just changes to fast. But if you are for long haul you should do you own SEO for a while at least. Other "services" will eat your cash flow. And this is not good for business.

content4cool, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  5. AffEngineer

AffEngineer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forums for sure but what about social media? When it comes to 'deals' social media works real well. Maybe you could do some paid posts? Meaning pay a page admin of a 'deals type' page or with a buyer demographic about $20-$50 to post your deals through?

You could do paid advertising but this is difficult if you don't have much experience with it.

Also post your page in different groups. Have social share buttons so your page gets around more social media sites. Pinterest, twitter, fb, etc. This has worked wonders for my page ranking on my personal blog :)

AffEngineer, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fast results: Blogs & Forums
    Long term: SEO

Ethan Alvin, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  7. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions or good material for learning SEO?

scott2342, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  8. Johnolo

Johnolo Member

Best Answers:
    try viperchill / source wave / smartpassiveincome
    these people are revealing some golden nudgets when it comes to seo

Johnolo, Mar 4, 2014 IP
    scott2342, diggyisking and Focl like this.
  9. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers @Johnolo I'm currently checking out source wave now.

10. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build traffic will not happen in one night only.
    so you must patient and still build your backlink
    surely, you need to learn and learn again so your method will always work and up to date.
    But I'm prefer to promote on your niche forums so you can get direct sales too

bizacquire, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  11. letsdothisthing

letsdothisthing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Another option for you would be looking into Facebook ads. They are relatively inexpensive and you can narrow down the demographics to you area as well as their specific interests that may coincide with the deals that you offer.

letsdothisthing, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  12. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @letsdothisthing I've done facebook ads before for getting likes and links to my site which worked relatively well but yet cost quite a lot. It might be worth for it for promoting products that i am actually selling so there is a greater chance to earn commission. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. derrick sanders

derrick sanders Member

Best Answers:
    create your own affiliate program and pay for leads that register,
    or pay customers credit who invite friends that register.

derrick sanders, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  14. xcorner

xcorner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use Social Media, Facebook, Twitter, Forum and SEO

xcorner, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  15. deepsk

deepsk Peon

Best Answers:
    Try facebook promotion, Twitter, google plus, pinterest, reddit and post in ur same niche sites and have patient..

deepsk, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  16. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, another idea is commenting on CommentLuv blogs. You need a blog next to your main page, of course. Anyway a site with deals only but no content, no articles... Can be boring, and a blog will solve this.

17. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    The UK is a country with reeeeeeally wast dependence on TV, music and festivities. Even a single mentioning of your website in a popular TV show could do a miracle. Of course, you have to order several ads and it can cost quite a sum... so the choice is up to you.

As for the Internet - SEO promotion, social media, partnership with bloggers (many popular bloggers write on different thematics, why not mentioning your webbsite in a couple of their articles?). This will definitely cost less then TV ad campaign and can be much more efficient.

Your keywords seem too competitive - use alternatives or synonyms, you never know what people put into the address bar...

I sincerely wish you good luck on your journey!

H0stZealot, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  18. Johnnygood

Johnnygood Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can as well try out TrafficVance or Leadimpact those are really affordable traffic sources for UK.

thanks,

Johnnygood, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  19. Destabel22

Destabel22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are other easy ways you can generate thousands of traffic per minute and these include following some of the simple guides like
    1. Visiting a place like Ehow to create an account with them and gain a backlink from there. The backlink is what will generate you as much traffic as you want.
    2. Try to list your website on blooged.com or Superblogdirectory, and many more.
    3. Create a backlink with your twitter to also generate traffic, but there you will have to be twitting always.
    Read more: destabiz.blogspot.com,

Destabel22, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  20. Destabel22

Destabel22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are other easy ways you can generate thousands of traffic per minute and these include following some of the simple guides like
    1. Visiting a place like Ehow to create an account with them and gain a backlink from there. The backlink is what will generate you as much traffic as you want.
    2. Try to list your website on blooged.com or Superblogdirectory, and many more.
    3. Create a backlink with your twitter to also generate traffic, but there you will have to be twitting always.
    Read more: destabiz.blogspot.com,

Destabel22, Mar 24, 2014 IP