1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense recuction in payout

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by CrazyMom5, Feb 25, 2014.

I run several sites that are for FB pages. Because of FB's algorithms my traffic (which is organic and very real) fluctuates depending on when page owners post site links. In January Adsense reduced my payout by $300 for invalid clicks because of a spike in traffic. I am emailing with them now to let them know I am very capable of providing proof of the validity of clicks, traffic and spikes in my sites being seen but have heard nothing back. They won't even tell me (as of yet) which website it was so I can make a reduction from that site. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what more can I do?

CrazyMom5, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    in eyes of google, facebook traffic is purchased traffic, repeatedly

you will end up losing your account, if you continue with it.

competent123, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  3. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm sorry but you mean, Adsense hasn't allow publishers to send traffic from Facebook? (no purchased traffic, just organic traffic from Facebook via link share)?
    Please explain more if you don't mind,
    Thanks!

mrgadget, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  4. competent123

Best Answers:
    i dont' mean that facebook traffic is not allowed for adsense, what i mean is , repeated spikes of traffic from similar facebook page/pages is frowned upon,because its non targeted,non converting traffic

advertisers complain to google, and google takes action by reducing payouts to publishers.

5. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't AGREE when you say traffic from fanpage is NOT targeted (if NOT targeted, fans will NEVER click on links). But I do AGREE such traffic will be repetitive, so the Adsense ads will become more and more familiar with them OR people will not click ADs OR people will click ads but will not BUY.
    So, you just drive organic traffic from search engine to your Adsense site?
    Do you have any suggestions for the use of Facebook/Twitter in monetizing with adsense?
    Thanks!

mrgadget, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  6. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    yeah, I agree with the others, watch out for FB traffic ;)

sundaybrew, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  7. competent123

Best Answers:

i did not literally mean that the traffic is useless , what i mean is that the traffic is very very low converting from facebook fanpages , as used by certain type of advertisers, they just put a hot pic with an assumed promise of showing something more on the link, that is junk traffic, traffic is targeted if you are showing them something related to the fanpage itself, like for ex, if its a cooking related fanpage, you put link of to your recipe site, it will convert like crazy!

but not for say, cooking to cars niche { cars + hot girl pic}

and this particular situation is related to repeat traffic from same source that has low conversion ,that is why google had reduced the payout, he's lucky he didnt' got his adsense banned

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/0TBMoY2VPX0
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/dKikH7p2rAY

there will be traffic to the advertiser site, but not the conversion, or conversion will be too low. to justify the ad impressions. for google.

hope this makes sense.

apply brain according to situation, dont' take everything literally, works is not black or white, its all grey!

Regards

8. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from social media sites is generally very poor traffic for those that pay for the adverts. Google will have data that the behavior of those that clicked on the adverts on your site were outside statistical norms and therefore of low value to those that pay the money. Its simply no longer worth it to pay for advertising on your site. Would you pay for adverts on a site if you got a poor return on your investment. Its a simple business decision. Consider yourself luck that they only reduced the payment and did not ban the account (which will happen if this continues)

Agent000, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  9. CrazyMom5

CrazyMom5 Peon

Best Answers:
    After a lengthy conversation with a Rep at Adsense so far none of the feeback here seems to be accurate. (sorry :( ) My traffic is NOT considered paid nor is it considered useless. They seem to be very happy with the traffic and actually agreed that FB is a great source. She did tell me that it was NOT the spikes in traffic that caused the invalid clicks and reduction of revenue for last month. She pointed out one ad on one site that could have been causing invalid clicks and I agreed and removed it. (I placed it there during testing and forgot to take it down) I do extremely well with my sites (revenue wise) and they are all direct traffic from FB and other social networks. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond tho. Very supportive group. Much appreciated.

CrazyMom5, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  10. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to say the same thing with CrazyMom5 that social media traffic are safe. I use pinterest and I earn mostly from that traffic. I get only around 10% search engine for my ranking sites and the rest from social media traffic.

So i guess now, we all know that social media traffic are safe. At least CrazyMom5 post gives me more relief..

point2, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  11. Crispin O.

Crispin O. Peon

Best Answers:
    My adsense account increase every month , so the payments are better and better

Crispin O., Mar 2, 2014 IP
  12. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WTF has that got to do with the issue of this thread?

Agent000, Mar 2, 2014 IP