1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comprehensive list of free alternatives to Copyscape

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Jan 3, 2014.

PLEASE NOTIFY OF ANY INFORMATION THAT IS MISSING OR INCORRECT.

Plagiarism is one of the biggest challenges content writers face. So, its very necessary to check your content for originality.

One of the most popularly used online tools for this purpose is Copyscape, which offers both paid and free services. However, its free use has some limitations. The search is not as deep as that conducted by the premium or paid version and you can only search for 10 results at a time. Offline content can't be searched by copying and pasting with the free version. There are many other powerful features that the premium version offers which charges 5 cents per search.

There are available a few other tools that are able to check for duplicate content really well and can be used by anyone. Though there are some restrictions on usage, they are really good free alternatives to Copyscape. Here's the list!

The following can be used mainly for offline text:

1. www.plagiarismchecker.com – A box is provided in which you can paste your text and search. This tool basically uses Google and Yahoo search engines. An option to create a Google Alert is provided, which sends you an instant notification when a copy of your work is detected by Google. For this, you have to submit your e-mail.

2. www.duplichecker.com - With this tool, you can search for offline text by simply copying and pasting it in the box provided. The limit is 1500 words per search. Duplichecker renders results quite fast. You also have the option of uploading a .docx or .txt file. Without registering, you can use this tool only 2 times a day.

3. www.plagium.com – You can paste up to 25000 characters in the search box. Also, advanced options such as how strong the relevancy should be, pages in which languages should be searched and how should the results be displayed can be configured. You can perform a 'Quick Search' with the free version, while the 'Deep Search' requires registration. Without registering, you can only use this tool once per day.

4. www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ – Simply paste your text in the provided box. The results are displayed for each sentence individually. You can conduct two searches per day with free usage.

5. http://plagiarisma.net – This tool uses Google (only for registered members), Babylon and Yahoo search engines. You can use either Babylon or Yahoo at a time. An option for exact search is also provided. This tool has support for more than 190 languages and you can also check online content by entering the page address. For offline text, you have the option of uploading a file. PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT, TXT and HTML formats are supported. The count for each sentence and the domains that contain the sentence are displayed in results. For free use, you can use the tool only once per day.

6. https://www.plagtracker.com/upload/ – You can paste a large amount of text in the provided box. (I am not sure of the word limit though.) Results are rendered fast. You can only use this tool once daily without registering.

7. www.articlechecker.com – Paste text in the provided box.

8. http://paperrater.com/plagiarism_checker – Paste text in the box. You need to enter a captcha and agree to the terms of service.
    The following can be used only to check online text:

1. www.plagspotter.com – You can check for copies of your web page by entering its url in the provided box. After you press the search button, the results are displayed very quickly in two tabs. The 'Sources Report' tab displays the list of urls on which a copy of your content exists along with the percentage of matched content. In the 'Originality Report' tab, you can find the duplicate content highlighted. When you click on a particular line, the pages that contain the line will be displayed at the right. For using the batch search feature, registration is required. I am not sure about the limit of pages you can search at a time, but I was able to check 8 pages (each page individually) at once after which the tool did not allow further checking.

2. www.copygator.com – Just enter the url of your blogpost and this tool will scan more than 2 million blog-feeds and RSS feeds to search for plagiarist content. You receive notifications via email when duplicate content is found.

3. www.virante.org/seo-tools/duplicate-content – This tool searches for the copies of the url you enter based on different techniques such as headers and Google cache checking. It seems that this tool only informs if a duplicate page exists or not, but does not the retrieve the links of those pages.
    The following tools require registration, so I have not yet checked how they work. Any information about these is highly welcome.

1. http://plagiarismcheck.org/

2. http://en.plagiarismdetect.com/

3. http://doccop.com/index.html
    When using Google or Yahoo search directly for checking plagiarism, there are some limitations we come across. The queries are limited to 32 words in Google and 50 words in Yahoo. Also, if a copy of your work already exists and has not yet been indexed, it will not be detected immediately.

Content Maestro, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know about more FREE online plagiarism checkers that do not have any limitations imposed upon their usage and which are able to catch duplicate content really well?

Content Maestro, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  3. dp general

dp general Member

Best Answers:
    thank you..
    It helps me

dp general, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You are welcome dp general.:) Do you have more to add to the list? I intend to make this thread as comprehensive as possible.

Content Maestro, Feb 7, 2014 IP
    briguy likes this.
  5. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really helpfull stuff Maestro

Constructor Decasa, Feb 17, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks Constructor Decasa. :) Do add more to the list if you know.

As I have mentioned ....

Content Maestro, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  7. techtiplib

techtiplib Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use this tool for checking the article's contents from my writers: http://smallseotools.com/. It does not limit anymore and totally FREE!

techtiplib, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  8. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing techtiplib.:) Can you mention some more details about this tool - like the number of words you can check at once, how many times you can use it per day for free, how fast are the results fetched etc.?

Content Maestro, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  9. techtiplib

techtiplib Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I use it everyday! It limits maximum 1500 words/per search. Previous time you do not need to type captcha, but now must do. It takes about 150 seconds for checking 600 words.
    Some tools that you mention above have limited features: IP (location), time per day,... I don't like that, and I love http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks. How many times can you use it per day.
    Know any more not covered here?
    I understand. Nobody likes limitations. However, what comes FREE is most of the times limited.

Content Maestro, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  11. techtiplib

techtiplib Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree!

12. tristanperry

tristanperry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently contacted Content Maestro about my service, called Plagiarism Guard: https://www.plagiarismguard.com/ . He suggested that I post up a link as a reply.

Plagiarism Guard is like Copyscape/Copysentry in that it proactively monitors and protects your content, although we (now :)) also support a range of offline content methods such as Word documents, PDFs, Powerpoint presentations and text files.

tristanperry, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  13. techtiplib

techtiplib Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want me to make a review for your service and publish on my site (techtiplib.com), contact me to discuss!

techtiplib, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  14. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    That's right. I tried to add Plagiarism Guard to the list above almost 3-4 times but the first post in the thread can't be bumped or edited for 30 days after you do it once. That's why I suggested to add it as a reply.
    Plagiarism Guard is actually a very nice, effective and fast plagiarism checker. I have used it quite a lot of times.
    The problem is I had to edit the opening posts in some of my threads in BST. I even waited for another 30 days two or three times to be able to edit this thread, but something kept on preventing it. Guess I will have to buy the Premium Membership.
    Anyway, support for checking offline content is what I have been dying for and looks like you have included it recently. That's great. Will check it out and send my feedback. Can you provide some more info like if there are limitations on the free usage, how many words can you check at once etc.?
    Cheers.:D

Content Maestro, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  15. tulipweb

tulipweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will rate Grammerly.com one of the best tool we can use for plagirism check and it is also an helpful tool to catch your grammatical mistakes. we use this tool for grammer and punctuations proofreading, but it also shows us if our content is duplicate or not.

tulipweb, May 1, 2014 IP
  16. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info tulipweb.:)
    I haven't used Grammerly.com till now, but it's good to know that there's a tool that can catch duplicate content as well as grammatical mistakes. It would be great if you could provide more info about this tool - like the limitations imposed upon its free usage, no. of words you can check at once, how many times can it be used per day, whether support for checking offline content is offered etc.

Content Maestro, May 1, 2014 IP
  17. tulipweb

tulipweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Content Maestro, grammerly.com is used for Plagiarism check, Spelling Correction, Sentence Structure, Punctuation and there is no limit of words. It can be used many times a day without registration and it also supports offline content, as we can copy paste our written article in given box and it will give us detail information about writing mistakes and duplicate content.

tulipweb, May 1, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  18. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I used to try unplag.com when it gave free trial membership to everybody. Not sure if they do it anymore.

Karuna17, May 19, 2014 IP
  19. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You have to send a request to their support if you wish to try their service.

Content Maestro, May 19, 2014 IP
  20. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Content Maestro, Jun 23, 2014 IP