1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing all backlinks of website will effect page rank of that site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by devieye, Feb 24, 2014.

Hi

I have a website having unnatural links or low quality backlinks. But i am unable to find out unnatural links or low quality backlinks on my website from webmaster tool and google analytics.
    If anybody suggest me to solve this problem

thank you

Solved! View solution.
    devieye, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Detecting spam link is just simple while going through you back links look out for the links that is of no use and are dropped in the form of comments, articles, directories etc....

You can remove all your back links but in that case you have again start from the fresh, I will suggest you this only when you are confident that previously you have worked on the rule that Google doesn't accepts. Otherwise, removing all the back link is not suggested.

John Dave, Feb 25, 2014 IP
    You should find unnatural links through manually,
    Should keep in your mind while checking back links
    Is back links are relevant to your site?
    Dofollow or nofollow?
    Page rank?
    is referral back links?
    these are the points you should consider. finally keep quality and healthy back links.

maddy.n, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to do it manually. I would suggest compiling an excel list of backlinks and checking their page-rank/moz-rank/alexa. Delete anything that seems EXCEPTIONALLY trashy. After that, though, you will have to manually go through the rest of the links to separate the trashy ones from the good ones. There's no way around that.
    If you don't want to do it yourself, I'm sure you could find some freelancer to do that for you in a day for a more or less reasonable price. Really, though, it's best to do it on your own.

YJunK, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  5. Rajesh Galgalikar

Rajesh Galgalikar Member

Best Answers:
    you should check your backlinks manually, it is related to your site or not. make it txt file. and use Disavow Links tool for removing your poor backlinks. no need to remove all backlinks..

Rajesh Galgalikar, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  6. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    Answering title:
    Yes it will affect your pagerank - negatively.

gorrior, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about them, and just create natural, good backlinks if you cannot remove the bad ones. Time solves anything.

webcosmo, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  8. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    Disavow tool doesn't remove backlinks, it just makes google to ignore them. If you want to remove bad backlinks then do it manually by contacting website owner and ask them to remove the link. You can also use services that does this for you.

As said if you still cannot remove backlinks create new quality ones to compensate the problem.

dailycoins, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Removing these low quality links will be time consuming and needs effort to contact the administrator or owner of the site and tell them to remove your link but its worth it for the sake of your website.

KylieSweet, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  10. joshef

joshef Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can get backlink list from the webmaster and after that you have to manually check the list. If you find the link is unnatural or of low quality, then you should contact the admin of the site, where there is backlink of your site. If he remove your link then it is ok, otherwise you can use disavow tool to get rid off from those unnatural or low quality link.

joshef, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  11. ranvijay

ranvijay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's a kind of business malpractice. But you can get all these unnatural links and suspect links without paying a single rupee, unfortunately it needs credit card for a free trial account "Cognitive SEO". Create a free trial account, add your website, tag your keywords like brand or commercial and get the list of unnatural links and suspect links. Export it to CSV and start removing or deleting one by one. honestly, try to contact the webmaster first.

If not select the urls/domain and export as Google disavow and submit to Google. Within a week you will see improvement for sure.

Thanks

@devieye...sorry do this within 14 days and cancel the account. You will not be billed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    ranvijay, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  12. xegen

xegen Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if the quality is bad backlinks to sense you will not remove them you need back links with good quality.

xegen, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  13. lbtriggerman

lbtriggerman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm, not sure why you were unable to spot them using webmastertools. You can try MOZ's open site explorer tool to check sites linking to you.

lbtriggerman, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  14. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cognitive tools are one of the worst link analysis tools on the market! I'm surprised anyone is recommending them. Their link analysis algorithm is very low level, you will do more damage than good if you rely on that for link analysis.

SEOsince99, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  15. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    One question: how can you find low quality backlinks through Google analytics?

From this, I doubt you can detect low quality backlinks by yourself. Outsource to someone who knows what they do. But remember, removing bad links does not guarantee your ranking back, I can say that more than 50% of the times (based on my experience), sites will never get the old ranking positions back.

It may sound harsh but the best thing you can do is to create a new website, unless this one really means a lot to you.

Next time, choose carefully whom to buy your SEO services from because there are way too many rookies out there in the market and they just try to look legit. Once there was a guy who copied my SEO sales pitch and sold his crappy SEO services on his own.

Chad Eztraffic, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  16. sayjohn

sayjohn Member

Best Answers:
    Google webmaster tool is disavow tool is used to get rid of the unnatural links of your website.
    And removing of all back links of the website is effect your page rank.

sayjohn, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  17. devieye

devieye Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what kind of back links i have to remove?

Thank You so Much....

Ok Sure Thank You..

I dont think So. I think this will take much time.... If site owners are not removed then?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    devieye, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  18. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it will take much more time but the result will be better. If the owner doesn't remove links then disavow tool will be your only choice. I would still recommend that you try solve the problem yourself before sending request to Google.

dailycoins, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  19. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dailycoins is correct, you need to remove links and as a last resort disavow links.

With unnatural link penalties the only way to remove the penalty is to remove the links. Ask me how I know. I've been through it. Everyone told me to disavow and that never did anything, once removing links I was able to remove the penalty.

Make sure you are recording everything you are doing so that you can show Google all of the work and effort that went into your link removal and clean up. That's what they want to see, not just disavowing links!

If you want PM me and I can help you find out how to find the bad links and unnatural links to your site.

Dittmoe, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  20. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't do it in any other way except manually... Of course you can pay somebody do this for you if you don't know how to understand if the backlinks are good or BAD, but I suggest doing it yourself... Think about if the backlinks are dofollow or nofollow and if they are RELEVANT to your website! ;)

patco, Mar 8, 2014 IP