1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to sell pre-written content or advertise content writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Feb 22, 2014.

1) Where can you advertise pre-written content/articles for sale or sell it/them directly to buyers?
    2) Where can you advertise/promote your content writing (service) for FREE?
    Just like the 'Buy, Sell or Trade' section on DigitalPoint, which forums, websites and marketplaces allow both?
    Also, how can you find out websites or webmasters or people who need content written or want to buy content which is pre-written?

Any useful input is highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.:)

Content Maestro, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ethan Alvin, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  5. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you could try, but I don't recommend it on Fiverr. The gigs are generally custom ordered (and they'd want it on their niche).

aidanriley629, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ethan Alvin and aidanriley629.:) Can you suggest some alternatives to Fiverr? Preferably those which are reputable and with a high traffic?

7. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can try iwriter

Roydlanco, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    iWriter doesn't allow you to sell pre-written articles. You can only write according to requests.

Ethan Alvin, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  9. carldavies

carldavies Member

Best Answers:
    Go to fiverr.com, you can set up gigs like that and offer to sell for a service. Make some nice money too! :)

carldavies, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  10. ethanleif

ethanleif Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you go to odesk, freelancer or even elance to offer your content writing service.

For your pre-written articles, you can try classified ads site or the classified sections of forums sites.

ethanleif, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  11. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot everyone for the inputs.:)
    Classified ads site or classified sections of forums sites - Can you list a few here that you know are really good? It would be very helpful.

12. Vadadosa

Vadadosa Member

Best Answers:
    You get do this and get it done on microjob sites such as
    fourer.com
    fiverer.com
    seoclerks.com
    elance.com
    freelancer.com
    and many more

- Events Master

Vadadosa, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  13. Wen Von

Wen Von Banned

Best Answers:
    The best place would be to sell on DP and other IM forums or create landing pages for a bunch of articles, use PPC to drive traffic and if the conversions comes than the score to profit is endless.

Wen Von, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  14. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend a well known IM site but I can't post it here. You can pm me for details.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Mr Right, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that pre-written content is pointless. The chances of finding someone who needs or wants it, then securing the sale, makes this a waste of effort and risky. You're spending the same time writing content on request as you would writing it without a buyer, so why add the probability of being left with it and wasting your time? Find the buyer first, then write the content specifically for them.

Promoting your content is relatively easy, but you need to do more than just sell. Join business forums, discuss all aspects, become a recognized contributor and be a part of these groups. As people get to know you they'll start coming to you when they need something, and they'll recommend you to each other when you do a good job and deliver more than they expected.

Individuals and businesses that only appear when they are selling something do not generally succeed in my opinion. It's cynical, and people see it for what it is. If you're just arriving on a forum to tell people what you're selling once a week or month people will just disregard you. You're a business person, so be a part of business communities and play an active role in more areas than just selling what you do.

There are thousands of forums and groups out there in specific fields and niche markets, go and be a member and get to know people. When you have a list of 20 active forums in your bookmarks and you go into each to contribute every day you'll likely have people interested in what you do.

Conran, Mar 10, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  16. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I agree. Pre-written content is not really effective when making sales. This is the biggest uncertainty : “Does anyone really require this? And if yes, when will that person come to know that it is available for selling and it's here?” When this is at the back of your mind, you will not be able to work effectively IMO. The uncertainty can hamper your productivity.
    In any case, as you pointed out, the time and effort you spend in creating pre-written and on-demand content is same. So might as well work on something that is specific.

Wow! If it is a whopping 20 active forums that you need before people come to know about you, then I must say that I have really done nothing yet to promote my writing services.

Apart from joining and contributing to forums, what would you say about setting up your own website or blog? And just curious if advertising on classified ads websites like Craigslist works?

Are there any no-cost or low-cost ways that can be adopted for marketing when you start out as a freelance writer? I am asking specifically for no/low-cost methods assuming that not everybody who begins as an independent freelance writer would have sizable funds to invest.

Anyway, thanks for this great input.:)

Content Maestro, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  17. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that number was an example, it's actually quite difficult to find forums that are still active depending on what you focus on. However, if you can join and post on a forum that doesn't look like it's very active, you found it and others will too, so why not have a post there? I wouldn't invest as much time in forums that are almost entirely inactive, but people still do visit them and read through the content even if they don't sign up or participate.

I have a collection of forums in my bookmarks that I regularly visit, because the topics interests me, and it's another opportunity to have your name and brand out there in front of people who might be looking for you. It takes maybe half an hour to go through them and find something to comment on, someone to give some advice to or a subject to participate in. Over time, this adds up to a lot of views of your brand, and if you're giving good advice and opinions then people come to respect and trust you. That is ultimately what you want for your brand or business.

I think this goes without saying. Everyone has a blog or website, it's a necessity. It costs next to nothing and it's the "storefront" of your business or service. You don't have to update it every day with something new, but it's wise to have one place for people to learn about what it is that you do, and to be able to contact you, follow you, become engaged with you. Being on forums and involved in groups is just a way to gather attention and be involved in the business community, your site is where people will go to find out what this informative or helpful person does, and what they can provide.

I have never bothered with Craigslist, nor the services offering to "hook you up" with buyers. In all honesty, you don't need that. If you're communicating with your potential customers and they can see what it is that you do, they'll come to you for something when they need it, and they'll tell others about you too when you do a stellar job. I think it's best to simply communicate with the people most likely to want to use your services and build a trusted reputation with them, rather than advertise in an ad-hock manner and hope the right people see what you do and decide to contact you.

I would say that having social media accounts and encouraging businesses to follow you is the best way to go when it comes to no-cost marketing. There are a lot of small business groups on Facebook, and they operate like-for-like promotion. Like a business on Facebook and chances are they'll see who you are and like you back, in time this grows and you have a sizable community of small businesses to engage with. Provide them with free information (on your blog) and it'll be seen and shared. It's another great way of having your brand and identity in front of the people who will most likely want to use your services. Some of these groups have thousands of businesses checking their pages, so one comment on their group could have plenty of them checking you out and following you. When they want something written, there's a greater chance that they'll come to you.

Conran, Mar 10, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  18. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    It's much harder to sell prewritten content compared to writing articles for people, I would suggest you consider an article writing service, rather then writing articles and then selling them. That said, as your already aware the content section of the BST forum is a good place to start, but obviously your not having too much success with that.

AlexBrooks, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  19. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Didn't quite get what you mean by that - "your not having too much success with that". Can you explain a little bit?

Content Maestro, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  20. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Well why would you write a topic asking where to sell pre-written content if you were selling it fine in the BST section?

Surely this topic would be pointless because you already know the answer to your question.

AlexBrooks, Mar 10, 2014 IP