1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories time is over?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Afrasiab, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If I have translated your translation of English correctly, you are saying that you have not received any notifications from Google about any specific directory link. This is probably true of everyone. The "notifications" that people have been receiving do not specifically state that there is a "link violation" as it concerns a specific directory or directories. Nor are there any notifications given to webmasters that say anything about a "directory link" of any kind. There are however some rather vague notifications sent to webmasters indicating that not all of the links pointing to and from their web site are necessarily in concert with Google's webmaster guidelines. Nothing is specific.

However, there is a rather large industry of SEO's in ultra panic mode that have created a firestorm of hate directed at the very directories they charged their clients to be listed in. As a result, it would appear the directory industry is now being confronted by these SEO's, site owners, etc., and asked to remove any listings they may have as they were told by google "that they are not *compliant*..."

The reality here is there are a lot of web sites that have an overabundance of links that google does not like and as a result google has asked them to take a good hard look at those links to and from their web site and begin making changes. Trouble is, no one knows what specific changes to make. Do you remove EVERY link? Just the directory listings? What? Some are removing everything. Some are doing nothing. Some are removing only those links they believe are the links that are causing issues.

All these changes are greatly affecting the rank and position of their websites moreso than if they just did nothing. So then they have to change something else and so on. Googles found web sites that it does not like and has told the owners exactly how to derank themselves without google having to do a thing. So go ahead... Pull all your H1 tags, pull your META's, pull your keywords, alt tags, and links.... But before you do, go look at where you rank amongst the other 75% of the search industry first. You may just be killing your website for good.

Mia, Dec 9, 2013 IP
    YMC likes this.
  2. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yea. you get what i want to say. bad english but rather than not to try.

also people to scare about google alogrithmn , especially the new one " Humming bird " if i correctly recall that Humming bird is nothing to do with SEO. So many webmaster start to remover their link from Directory or Article Directory.

suwandichen13, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Its surprisingly better than most American's.. ;)

Seems the bulk of these updates accomplish their main goal, which seems to be shaking the tree of any dead leaves.

Mia, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is that word for praise me or something? LOL

suwandichen13, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  5. Jaden Alvin

Jaden Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice suggestion Mallofstyle, thanks for not letting us down on directory submission.

Jaden Alvin, Dec 9, 2013 IP
  6. narendra kumar

narendra kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    directory is not dead Google still prefers directory sites for link and many sites indexed through directory sites till now but in coming years thing may change

narendra kumar, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  7. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Like any other web site on the Internet, directories simply need to provide content if they are going to be ranked highly in search engine results. The sad truth is that most of the web sites that are using directory scripts are not truly directories in that they don't have enough content to direct anyone anywhere, nor are they organized well enough to do so if they did. From what I've seen, other than a few of the pioneer directories that appear to have been grandfathered no the basis of their outgoing links alone, anyone starting a new directory today is going to have to provide some useful content besides paid outgoing links if they are going to expect to do well.

8. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the fault of directories that you submitted to 100 probably poor quality directories. Just a few good quality directories would have been the correct way to go.

stoner3221, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    You'd have to look hard to find a hundred good directories; not because there aren't a hundred good web directories but because there are so many bad ones mixed in. Maybe it helps if you don't consider everything using a web directory script to be a directory, just like not every WordPress site is a blog.

YMC likes this.
  10. changbietvisao

changbietvisao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think if we use moderate directory submission is still effective

changbietvisao, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It'll be interesting to see how much interested there is in the new .directory tld

upload_2014-2-16_9-57-23.png

Too long for my liking but I may just take a look.

sarahk, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The whole purpose of new TLD's is to generate more revenue. In the end, the need for additional TLD's is dictated by the demand for obscure TLD's that in a short time no one will care for or want. See also .biz, .info, .me, etc., etc., etc...

Mia, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  13. jimroddy

jimroddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think that the directory time is over as there never b a issue with a free backlinks bt all that matters these days that how you are doing it, over submissions can lead your site to b hurt on the SERP it dosent matter that wht you are doing the more important is that how u r doing it...theme base submissons nd local dir sub are still doing good

jimroddy, Feb 21, 2014 IP