1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Titus Warwick, Feb 7, 2014.

Hey Expert Web Creators....help a newbie.

I want to get a program like Photoshop, but I hate paying a monthly subscription man. I dont mind paying for something up front once....anyways...pet peeve.

Any alternatives to Photoshop that you guys recommend? I found this list but am not sure. Thx! [​IMG]

alternatives

Titus Warwick, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  2. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what you need it for. I do pay for Creative Cloud, since I need it and its features. But if it's just occasional, non-professional use, then I suggest you get a cracked CS version, or pay for it in full, since it's not subscription based.
    As far as alternatives go, GIMP, Pixelmator (not too expensive), seem to be good enough, but in my opinion, don't stray away from Photoshop, since it's industry standard and the more you get used to the alternatives, the more uncomfortable you'll be with Photoshop in the future, when all professional work environments will require as minimum that you're an expert at Adobe's software.
    And to enclose the above, the subscription is not very expensive, for the features it has. Just get Photoshop +Lightroom if that's all you need, and with your plan a ProSite will be included, as well as everything else the other plans have to offer in extras (cloud storage, fonts, etc)

Hollow, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  3. Novruzeli Huseynov

Novruzeli Huseynov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Like Hollow Mentioned above...I do probably go with GIMP...if it wasn't for photoshop....you can pay it upfront also.

Novruzeli Huseynov, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  4. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use GIMP if you are not interested in Photoshop. Just make sure that you go through some tutorials before making a decision on it.

meetdilip, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  5. Sarah Davis

Sarah Davis Active Member

Best Answers:
    GIMP is a good option, although that aren't as many resources and tutorials available.

You could get a free trial of Photoshop? There are also dedicated button and web graphic design software out there which might be worth looking into.

Sarah Davis, Feb 15, 2014 IP