1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles removed from GoArticles-Where to put them?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by richromo, Feb 13, 2014.

I recently noticed that my articles listed on goarticles were removed. These articles were placed there from 2010 through 2012. I did not place any additional articles there after that period of time. When I asked goarticles where my articles were they advised me they were removed due to:
    Your account was suspended recently due to the lack of quality across a large number of your submissions.
    OK, now what?
    Do I trash these articles? BTW they are all above 500 words per article, backlink to my site from the authors box, written in English, no misspellings. My point is they are not War and Peace, but neither is 99.9% of the rest of articles on their or others sites. I am not here for a pity party although I was very shocked when I found out they were removed. They were one of a kind articles, no spun content. I admit they were all about my sites products or related issues. Did they suck-No, were they awesome examples of literary work? No. I suppose lack of quality is in the eye of the beholder.
    My question is: a. do I throw these articles away? b. they are not listed anywhere else. c. do I improve them-add additional content, remove the link?
    If so where do I place them, understanding that my belief is that goarticles went through a house cleaning and got to my articles back in July 2013 and my articles were deemed sub standard, thus removed. Do I spread them out over a number of article sites? Is this an additional sign that article marketing is dead, dying, on life support or just my problem. BTW, these articles were on goarticles from 2-3 years depending. Any thoughts appreciated.

richromo, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If they were taken down a long time ago they might not come up as duplicate so another article site might take them ? You could run them through copyscape and see if it comes up with anything.

I usually just toss stuff when I take it down just to be on the safe side, you never know what kind of archives some search engines can have, it would suck to get a negative ding over a old page of content.

averyz, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think 95% of GoArticles is Sub-Standard....
    If i thought like them, then I would remove content
    that was not making me money...and if it is not making
    me money, then the content could be harming my site
    because search engines may not want it, and it would be
    extremely foolish to remove content that is bringing in $$$

Your articles were old news the moment you put them up....

dscurlock, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They surely got hammered by panda and removing all but the best is their chance to recover.

dvduval, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  5. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mabye run them through Copyscape to see if anyone else took them from you without permission. Then, perhaps proofread each one and make the content better. I should add this: With every passing year as a writer, it usually helps people see how they can improve the quality of their articles. It's too bad that yours were removed, though.

BoostSoftware, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The trouble with all those running to "Recover from Panda" is, no one is going to recover from it. That was the point. Its not like the random and completely arbitrary dissection of one's website is going to guarantee a inclusion in Google's index again. Google never tells anyone where a specific issue, nor do they give you a method by which you can confirm the correction of whatever it is you don't know is bothering them.

In the end, if your site got F'd by google, its going to remain F'd...

Mia, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  7. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HubPages went through the same thing. Hubs that were long published, once popular and still receiving hits were pulled from indexing for a variety of reasons...."not enough engagement," "not enough words per Amazon capsule," "not enough....whatever." Blame Google and their zoo updates. That's when all the problems started in this regard.

You've put time and effort into those articles. Why not use them as a base for new articles? Take the topic and info of each one and revive it into something fresh, new and edgy. Make it as evergreen as possible. You may even make more money/sales/conversions as a result.

Annea, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  8. amuro

amuro Member

Best Answers:

Truth being told, Google has made a lot of changes since 2011.

Starting from Panda, Penguin, Exact Match Domain and recently Hummingbird update.

The reason why Google made those changes is for the good of not just internet marketers but everyone going online to search for information as well. Articlee directories like Ezine and Go Articles were the first casualities during those changes. Hence they have to take drastic measures to eliminate low quality content - articles with 400 words or less and not so much on providing useful information but simply written with the sole intent of getting readers to click on the link and optin or buy something.

It might be difficult for you to understand this. But it is critically important for you to know.

Let me ask you. If you are going online to look for ways to date a girl, what do you expect to see on the first page of Google after typing say How to date beautiful girls?

If I am a searcher, I will not only expect to see sites with relevant information to those keywords How to date beautiful girl. I want to see sites with helpful information on how to date beautiful girl.

If they can provide step-by-step tips, that will be better. Like

Step 1: Approach her with a smile.

Step 2: Say hello to her and introduce yourself

Step 3: Make her laugh and get her to introduce herself as well etc.

If you are comfortable with doing videos, that will even be better. One thing I do notice is that videos get ranked much faster. Especially Youtube ones as compared to articles and sites with content.

Don't get me wrong.

I am not saying articles are obsolete. They are still part of core traffic strategies and still work if done correctly.

With that said, Google doesn't just want relevant content to keywords.

But content that engages and helps readers as well.

Why? Because behind every search term lies a question to searchers' needs and wants. If you can address them accordingly, you WILL do well and make money:)

amuro, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, article submission is not really effective nowadays. You may consider using your content in some other ways to get backlinks and traffic. Anyway, since it is already formatted as 'articles to be submitted to article directories', before going for anything else, I would suggest that you first try submitting it to the sites mentioned here - http://www.latesttutorial.com/top-50-dofollow-high-pr-article-submission-sites-for-seo-backlinks/. It's a list of top 50 article submission directories I had bookmarked recently. The PRs and Alexa rankings are also given. I have, however, not checked whether the information provided is up-to-date. See if and how it works. If it doesn't, there are always other ways open.
    Hope this helps. Good luck.:)

Content Maestro, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  10. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the website is penalized by Panda, these articles are of no use.

pradip200, Mar 30, 2014 IP