1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which things do I need to learn C# at first?

Discussion in 'C#' started by Shere Ali Khan, Mar 22, 2013.

I want to learn C#. But I need first initial idea. Where from will I start to learn it? Please provide first learning topics of C#.

Shere Ali Khan, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may find many tutorials online to learn about C#.

Check out https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/c-design-patterns-singleton.2646616/ - this will help you in understanding Design patterns.

sigmainfo, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  3. swestner

swestner Member

Best Answers:
    It depends what your goals are.

If you already have programming experience and are just looking for something in particular that you need to do in c# the msdn or stackoverflow are great resources and can help you find syntax and api references.

If you are looking to learn your first language and you randomly picked picked c#, then you might want to reconsider (and i've been a c# developer for 10 years).

C# is great when you can afford to work on a microsoft stack. But remember c# doesnt port easily into other environments outside Windows (like linux or mac).

Alternativley you can look into Java or php if web development is your goal.

That being said if your still aiming for c# then

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C-Sharp-Fundamentals-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners

or here

http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/webpages_examples.asp

swestner, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  4. silvercinema

silvercinema Peon

Best Answers:
    www[.]msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/a72418yk.aspx

The best way! ;)

silvercinema, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  5. funkseo

funkseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best thing is to get "an introduction to c#" book and read carefully and practice. There are very good books around. I prefer microsoft books.
    It is very important that you should read everything on that book. If you have an idea of every specific subject when you need you'll remember that "there was a such kind of thing".

funkseo, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  6. wren11

wren11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    try learning popular design patters at java2s.com

wren11, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  7. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start from the basics of C# language and create some small applications.

annaharris, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  8. Dom Fraser

Dom Fraser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend learning some C# specific object oriented programming concepts. E.g. Classes and objects, inheritance, interfaces, generics, etc. Try googling "c# object oriented programming concepts" for some guidance.

Dom Fraser, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  9. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    If you have basic knowledge about C and C++ than C# is very use to learn. You want to know about first topic of C# language. I would like to suggest you, learn OOPs (class, Encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritances).

born_star16, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  10. Johnnt Nguyen

Johnnt Nguyen Member

Best Answers:
    You need working with some example first, can be found on codeproject or google or work with simple example!
    ext: creat a simple project with button, if click on button then exit application!
    You creat done this project, maybe you know something about C# then keep working with any example you want.

Johnnt Nguyen, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  11. heemanshu bhalla

heemanshu bhalla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Step 1
    First, To start with C# you must have good programming skills. you should be good at c++ and fully understood the OOPS concepts like inheritance , classes,objects , Polymorphism etc .....

Step 2
    If you are newbie as you said you should go for homelearn site that contains 17 chapters that will give you strong base for C#
    http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html

Step 3
    After these You should go for Database connectivity and I recommend you to do it by coding using
    1. Access Database
    2. Sql Database

Step 4
    Then you should make small project using C# like maze game, calculator and Tic-Tac Toe game etc
    Then some major project like management systems .

This way you can learn C# everything is on internet explore n explore

heemanshu bhalla, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  12. Kimanki

Kimanki Peon

Best Answers:
    You seem to be an educated fellow in terms of C#, do you have a source from which you learned it? For me right now its equivalent to giving a monkey a wrench :/

Kimanki, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  13. jimbo2779

jimbo2779 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would advise to first go get visual studio express if you don't have it and then take some online tutorials.

When I did my first courses in C# we would first learn how to handle data to and from a form, very easy with winForms in visual studio, things like getting the input from a textbox into a string in code. Then you can do simple things like handling the variable, we did a calculator for example.

From there you can learn about whatever you think maybe useful, maybe add a webbrowser control to the form and learn how to get that to do things.

You will never learn everything before doing your first big project, the best way to learn programming IMO is not to worry about all of the big words but to do small projects and plan to learn small bits of coding from each one, before you know it you will have learnt enough small things to put together to make something useful.

I hope that helps.

I forgot to add that Visual Studio express is free and there should be some great tutorials for doing the basics such as handling form controls and making a calculator etc. Think of what you want to do and then Google for the bits that you don't already know how to do.

jimbo2779, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    mymindrules likes this.
  14. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    C# is very good programming language. If you want to learn C# then you must start from beginning. OOPs is very important concept of the any programming language.

-OOPs (Object oriented programming System- Object, class, inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation)

-You have to learn at least one database system like MYSQL or Sql server Or Oracle.

-ADO (ActiveX database object).

born_star16, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  15. Simple Programmer

Simple Programmer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am an author there, so I am slightly biased--but I do not have a C# course--you might want to consider checking out Pluralsight.
    There are thousands of courses that take you step-by-step through learning just about any technology you can think of.

Simple Programmer, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  16. Infonic

Infonic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should have a knowledge of syntax of c and c++ before going for c# programming it would be easier if you know the syntax and how to write code in c and c++

Infonic, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  17. Jagbir Saini

Jagbir Saini Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting from basic OOP concepts than move further with other, you can easily get numerous online tutorials for beginners.

Jagbir Saini, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  18. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just test try Online thats ok for C# but you need Offline help will make you quick and fast learner,,i had this experience before so try both my advice ;)

CYCchips, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  19. pho3nix_

pho3nix_ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need learn about methods, lists, dictionaries, arrays, boxing/unboxing, convertions, reflection, database access, strings, integer, decimal operations, math. If you learn this all you are an expert.

pho3nix_, Oct 24, 2014 IP
  20. anushka123

anushka123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you are beginner ,First you learn c++ with oops concepts like(class,object,inheritance,polymorphism ,data binding and data abstraction) and then go for c# language.

anushka123, Oct 26, 2014 IP