1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Rank is dropping day by day

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by asghar.paracha, Feb 8, 2014.

Hi everyone,
    Hope this is the right place to ask question about Alexa rank. some of my sites Alexa rank is dropping since last 30 days. I just discussed with my SEO friends about this issue and they are also complaining same. Is there anything happened in Alexa? are you people also facing same problem??
    my sites traffic is stable, there is no change in it, even all factors for Alexa rank are fine.

asghar.paracha, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  2. Deepak patel

Deepak patel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't Afraid about Alexa rank Its Just a Fluctuation due to some Changed in Google Algorithm.
    As Google drops the value of guest posting and they don't consider it for Backlinks.
    One of friend's Alexa rank just goes down but traffic doubled within 48 hrs.
    So, Just Avoid blackhat practice and Don't tensioned about it within days it will be fine

Deepak patel, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  3. OnSecretHunt

OnSecretHunt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add more Content related to Blogging, SEO, WordPress, Make Money Online, Affiliate etc. Your Alexa Rank will increase surely.

OnSecretHunt, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  4. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your kind reply, looks like that is fluctuation, but I dont think that Alexa consider Google Rankings, its just about traffic (Organinc, Direct or referral). as per your statement for guest posting. I dont like to do black hat seo.

asghar.paracha, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site's alexa rank is also decreasing, and I think it is normal because most of the website is also experiencing this kind of scenario. I have to build links regularly to maintain the backlinks of the site and updates on online communities.

KylieSweet, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  6. jatinbatra

jatinbatra Member

Best Answers:
    Hi............ can you tell me the new activity of seo

jatinbatra, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  7. asghar.paracha

Best Answers:
    According to recent updates by Google and Matt Cuts, all back links strategies are gone, I was reading last week a post on a famous website that Matt Cuts is telling us to not post articles on article directories for back links. Google is not considering Guest Posting as back links resource. So I think peoples should go with Google Adwords, as Google is trying to do :(

8. jatinbatra

jatinbatra Member

Best Answers:
    so in that case what can i do for off page activities

jatinbatra, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  9. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look @asghar.paracha Alexa ranking depends upon the traffic you are getting, it means if you are getting good traffic than Alexa will decrease, so there problem here with you is the traffic, you're traffic may be diverted towards some other sites, and the reason for this decrease is outnumbered. I think the answers of all your question is there on the Google Webmaster Tool.

John Dave, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WTF are you talking about? The Alexa rankings have NOTHING to do with Google!

Agent000, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  11. asghar.paracha

Best Answers:
    As I said earlier that everything is fine at Google Webmaster Tool, Ranking is stable, not following any bad technique, but still looks like a fluctuation in Alexa.

12. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about the traffic i mean have you noticed any change in the traffic ?? Does it decrease or...... ???? If you believe everything is stable i guess that may be because of the fluctuation in Alexa.

13. asghar.paracha

Best Answers:
    There is no drop in traffic :)

14. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then it's just fluctuation from the Alexa !! No need to worry more about it as it is not as much important than the traffic from the search engines. As long as you are getting good traffic from the search engines there is no need to worry about the Alexa.